Topic: As dream week winds down....
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 13, 2019 10:03 AM by: TigerOmally®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

As dream week winds down....

[17]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 9:25 PM

....The last of my houseguests left today.....9 total over the past 10 days. Dream week is winding down but oh my gosh was it great or what? Every single place we went folks congratulated us on the win and not just a little acknowledgement but a wholehearted statement of affection. We even met a Clemson couple yesterday at Alcatraz that flew in from Thailand for the game!!

Given the 49ers were awful, the Raiders are leaving, the As want a stadium they're not going to get and the Pac-12 Conference Championship game is a dud, the Bay Area is ready to adopt a winner - the Tigers!!! Lots of new fans made and lots of goodwill generated....

Thanks, Tigers....Awesome...absolutely awesome!!

2019 orange level member

Re: As dream week winds down....

[3]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 9:49 PM

Awesome. Have there been anything published or said about the two dollar bills? Just curious. Definitely some good Cali exposure and I bet a lot were surprised to see we can toss the rock around and not just run the perceived “run” based offense.

Great exposure. Especially when most of our games this year were 8 am games on west coast.

2019 orange level member2016_pickem_champ.jpg

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 1:59 AM

In one of the newspapers before the game (and I read so many I don't remember which one) there was a brief reference to the $2 bills.....it was something like this (and I'm paraphrasing of course)...."Armed with two dollar bills, fans from Clemson are all over the city making their presence known..."

2019 orange level member

My first trip to Bay Area and I loved it

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 9:09 AM

Glad Clemson was able to play in your back yard!

2019 orange level member

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 10:03 AM

I was wondering if we could have picked up some new fans out there. That's good to hear!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
775 people have read this post