Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As bad as the ACC has been this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,805

As bad as the ACC has been this year

Sep 19, 2019, 3:15 PM

Should we not reconsider our 2021 schedule. I know Dabo has always been dead set on having 7 home games a year and that's great, but maybe we should make an exception that year. Possibly buying out one of our lesser games and maybe playing a neutral site kickoff game against a quality opponent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right

Sep 19, 2019, 3:20 PM

We should buy out the UofSuck game so we can add a more quality opponent like UConn.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: As bad as the ACC has been this year

Sep 19, 2019, 3:29 PM

So because the ACC is "bad" this year, we should worry about two years from now? 2-3 years ago the ACC had a solid season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 3:34 PM

I actually agree! With how bad the coots and FSU are now our schedule is not all that exciting the next few years. Would like to see an Auburn, Florida, Penn State, Texas, Oregon.. or similar team on the schedule and replace these games vs. UCONN, Wyoming etc.

Sep 19, 2019, 3:38 PM

P5 opponents through 2037, excluding 2021 because it's only UofSC:

Notre Dame x 8
Georgia x 5 (one "neutral" game in Atlanta)
LSU x 2
Oklahoma x 2

Why would we add more games against P5 teams when the other major players are playing 2-3 OOC games against G5 or less teams?

Don't tell me it's the conferences, because the games shown above equates to the other teams who *really* have 1-2 games they have to really get up for to play. All other games just have talent gaps that are insurmountable for the lesser teams.

Sep 19, 2019, 6:23 PM

We only play one season at a time so showing me who all we play from now till 2037 has nothing to do with the particular year I'm talking about. In 2021 we play UConn, Wyoming, SC and an FCS school. Due to the Notre Dame schedule with the ACC we have an odd year there where we couldn't schedule another home and away series like normal. Just saying maybe we should look at some sort of neutral site game that year against a quality opponent because let's face it, as of right now outside of Clemson the ACC is horrible. I'd like to hope that could change in the next 2 years, but I don't have a lot of faith in these other programs right now. Our strength of schedule that year if the current trend continues is going to be one of the worst in the country. Our best game that year honestly may be South Carolina.

Sep 20, 2019, 11:22 AM

We play one season at a time, but the schedules certainly are not set up one season at a time.

Perhaps did you consider that they looked into a neutral site game but there was not an opponent/venue available?

Again, 2-3 years ago the ACC was strong (Atlantic at least) and there was not a huge sign of it going downhill like it did. In 2 years it may very well be different, but there's not a lot we could do to update the schedule at this point.

And lets be honest, with where we are at, our strength of schedule doesn't really matter. If we go undefeated we're going to the playoffs, end of story.

And what replace Wyoming with an SEC school? You do realize they just beat an SEC

Sep 19, 2019, 3:36 PM

school don’t you?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always like to see a Clemson Vs Florida matchup. We

Sep 19, 2019, 4:35 PM

have not played the Gators since the early 70's I think.

Correction...I believe the last time was 1961. WOW!***

Sep 19, 2019, 4:42 PM

Sep 19, 2019, 7:08 PM

Who did UT lose to this year, who did Ole Miss lose too? I mean come on coot. Three games into the season. Be gone jabroni

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,805
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic