[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Army’s HC Jeff Monken to Ga. Tech after Army-Navy game

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 10:51 AM

Likely??

Re: Army’s HC Jeff Monken to Ga. Tech after Army-Navy game

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 10:53 AM

I would be surprised. I think Tech wants to move away from the option.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 11:00 AM

I’d be shocked but they don’t prioritize football or sports the way we do. If GT decided to become something, they have wealth of talent sitting right at their feet if they wanted it.

[1]
Posted: Dec 6, 2018 11:01 AM

They wont. They dont care. Bunch of nerds. I'm willing to bet they completely forgot about their head coaching situation.

Would it surprise anyone if next September rolls around and GT is without a football coach because they forgot?

2018 student level member

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 11:37 AM

No. I wouldn't be surprised one bit. One of the biggest reasons they cant attract a great coach is where they are located. There's no place to expand (i.e. indoor practice facilities) because downtown Atlanta is so packed. They will be stuck with some decent coach that will never get them over the top so keeping with the option is probably where they remain. I did hear a rumor about UAB's coach (Bill Clark) possibly heading to GT. He's done a great job with a program that quit football altogether due to a financing a couple of years back. Booster complained and he remained the coach through this and they ended up winning C-USA with a 10-3 record in only their second year back.

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 11:41 AM

Due to financing? The program was killed because it was the petty Paul Bryant Jrs direction at his death that it be killed.

2018 purple level member

Jeff Monken to Ga. Tech great fit in my opinion***

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 12:45 PM

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: I have 2 tickets remaining in section 418. Will put on ticket exchange this weekend (Ticketmaster). ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1529 people have read this post