Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we putting Stoudt out to pasture?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Are we putting Stoudt out to pasture?

Dec 1, 2013, 2:09 PM

Seeing a lot of "Goodbye Tajh, Hello Swag" and "Goodbye Tajh hello DeShaun", but hardly a mention of Stoudt.

Thought he played pretty good this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we putting Stoudt out to pasture?

Dec 1, 2013, 2:13 PM

Doubt it, if for no other reason; Dumbo stays loyal to the upper class man, even when he isn't the best option. Which in my opinion, Stoudt is our best option next year. His decision making and composure is worlds better than Boyd's ever was.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 2:43 PM

Oh I couldn't have said it better go Stout

I was hoping we'd see both Kelly

Dec 1, 2013, 2:14 PM

and Stout next year. But based on this year.... Coaches unwilling to pull starter for even one series.... I doubt we see a two qb system. I think Watson red shirts unless he absolutely burns it down this spring and fall. Stoudt has the arm and seems to be cool under pressure. Kelly has a rocket arm too and can fly.... So I guess we will find out Labor Day weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 1, 2013, 2:16 PM

Probably would not have hurt to put him in on a couple series last night and let TB watch from the sidelines.

Go Tigers..........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

If that was going to happen

Dec 1, 2013, 2:17 PM

it needed to happen at FSU. Tajh wasn't the problem last night and benching him would have just killed his will.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said this elsewhere, but people are going to wonder

Dec 1, 2013, 2:17 PM

where Stoudt played college ball when he's playing on Sundays.

Maybe a pinpoint accurate, just mobile enough QB isn't right for Chad's system, but NFL scouts will find him and someone will get a sixth round STEAL.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could be right. He has looked very smooth, and if he

Dec 1, 2013, 2:34 PM

can read defenses and work through his progressions better than Tajh, he will be a good one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Hopefully Boyd is put to pasture

Dec 1, 2013, 2:18 PM

Any cow that is afraid of the big scary chicken monster deserves to be put out of his misery.

I sincerely hope #10 has taken his last snap at Clemson. We don't need players like that on the Clemson football team.

Had a gambling debt to settle***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:24 PM

Sorry, a JOKE!!***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:25 PM

Re: Hopefully Boyd is put to pasture

Dec 1, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Hopefully Boyd is put to pasture ]

Please get off our band wagon.

He will be #1 heading into spring practice, and will compete

Dec 1, 2013, 2:19 PM

with Kelly for the starting job.

Anybody who already has Kelly penciled in as starter next year apparently didn't see Stoudt play this year. Stoudt has considerably more experience and has looked fantastic when he had a chance. I understand the "Kelly fits Chad's system better" argument, but I'm not sure his advantage in running ability will outweigh Stoudts advantage in experience and passing ability. I think both see significant PT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He will be #1 heading into spring practice, and will compete

Dec 1, 2013, 2:36 PM

Stoudt is a very good passer, very cool in the pocket, makes good decisions as he checksdown, pinpoint accuracy, doesn't force throws into tight coverage.........yeah, those qualities won't do in Chad's system!

I agree. I think Stoudt will be tough for Kelly to unseat.

Dec 1, 2013, 2:38 PM [ in reply to He will be #1 heading into spring practice, and will compete ]

It will be REALLY interesting the following year to see if Kelly beats out Watson. Looking good at QB for a while!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll need to put on about 40lbs to run all those QB draws

Dec 1, 2013, 2:33 PM

Chad/Tajh called.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic