Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are all of the huge Geico, Wells Fargo, etc ads on the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,756

Are all of the huge Geico, Wells Fargo, etc ads on the

Sep 19, 2020, 11:23 PM

brick wall at field level someting just to make up for some lost revenue this year, or was that going to be a new thing regardless. I haven't seen such an unabashed display of advertising on any of our counterparts. Maybe its just this year, but still haven't seen others doing it this year. I mean there are all the screens where ads are so now they are covering the brickwork with huge green tarps for ads How much more money could that really be?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are all of the huge Geico, Wells Fargo, etc ads on the

Sep 19, 2020, 11:55 PM

Don’t like it but I also understand we need all the revenue we can get this year.

Just please, don’t ever paint advertising on the hallowed Frank Howard Field.

That giant Founders sign on the court in Littlejohn is tacky.

Really don't like it. Lets hope this is a one year deal

Sep 20, 2020, 8:37 PM

because it is tacky and ugly.

Sep 20, 2020, 12:10 AM

I would go into how spending hundreds of millions of dollars on athletic facilities is dumb as hell unless your prepared to pay cash for it, but then someone would just mention how we're in "UNPRECEDENTED " times and this is the new normal and blah blah blah

Sep 20, 2020, 3:21 AM

You didn't watch the Louisville or GT game I guess. Lot's of corporate logo's around the field walls. Seen it plenty of other places as well. Here to stay I'm sure.

I think the ones on the brick wall at Clemson would not be nearly as visible during “normal” times.

Sep 20, 2020, 6:07 AM

That’s normally where you would have cheerleaders and/or photographers or whatever standing all over the place in front of them.
So I don’t know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it would still be visible. Those big gaudy ugly signs you

Sep 20, 2020, 8:41 PM

can't miss and that is the purpose. Really sad becasue I think they really did a good job making those walls look good. I guess where Georgia has hedges, we have Geico and Wells Fargo tarps.

I hope we don't want to look like Louisville and GT. I know

Sep 20, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Are all of the huge Geico, Wells Fargo, etc ads on the ]

it exists, but not in most places and has never been at Clemson. Hope you are wrong, but you are probably right about here to stay.

Sep 20, 2020, 4:54 AM

Go to the Braves new stadium and you'll see advertisements on the toilet paper holders.

I miss the old orange walls lining the seats, course I also miss the hill in between the north side /west endzone. I used to be dirtier than the players by the end of the game especially if it rained.

Sep 20, 2020, 7:48 AM

The backdrop for Dabo’s post game presser also has advertising this year. Thought it was pretty cool last year how we went Augusta National style with just the paw and no advertising. We were about the only school like that that I saw. Understand why they did it though.

I understand that Dabo backdrop, but this is really sad

Sep 20, 2020, 8:48 PM

about the wall. The Braves is a professional organization. And somebody said GT and Louisville have signs. All the more reason not to. I mean how much money could it be and why not but them on the ad screen. Look at the inside of Alabama, Georgia, Duke, Auburn you won't see this. This is crappy looking. I appreaciate your everyone's reply.

It's just another one of those "untapped streams of

Sep 20, 2020, 8:26 AM

revenue". Yer terlit paper will be next to sport advertising. I can see the first one, makes sense.

"Joe's Septic Tank Service, We Roll When You Need Us."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 8:56 PM

So the ads looked green on TV? I saw white decals on the brick pattern which didn't exactly appeal to me either, but I get that we are trying to make up for 60,000 fewer tickets per game.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,756
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic