Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Apparently this meeting between Swofford and the BOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Apparently this meeting between Swofford and the BOT

Jul 19, 2012, 10:44 PM

has been in the works for some time, but was kept under wraps. Per Twitter . . .

From Cory Fravel:

Cory Fravel ?@CFravel247
Various topics. The agenda is unknown though. I'll have more later. I've known for 2+ weeks but asked to not announce this

And then from Larry Williams:

Larry Williams ?@LarryWilliamsTI
BOT chair D. Wilkins told me: "No doubt, future expansion of the ACC will be talked about" on Swofford visit. More at
http://Tigerillustrated.com.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Please people don't get started on the BIG12 idea again!!

Jul 19, 2012, 11:06 PM

It is just a formal meeting!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently this meeting between Swofford and the BOT

Jul 19, 2012, 11:10 PM

He may be told what we think of him and his nine conf game junk

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2012, 8:50 AM

One can only hope.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND

Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 PM

I'm thinking it is a personal visit to explain the standing offer the ACC has to Notre Dame and how further expansion with ND will resolve some of the money issues raised by Clemson from the recent contract renewal.

Re: ND

Jul 19, 2012, 11:51 PM

ND is not joining a conference. They have zero reason to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2012, 1:59 AM

There has been a lot of push over the past decade for ND to join a conference, but some of the older boosters keep arguing that their independent status is too important.

They have reasons to, and they all involve recruiting, SOS, and being relevant in today's college football landscape. ND is still ND, but they are still living on a well built history and it is starting to catch up with them. The BCS definitely didn't help them, and the new "playoff" system doesn't do them any favors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2012, 8:53 AM

1. They play at every corner of the country, their recruiting is fine.

2. they make more than they would in a conference

3. the new play off includes them

4. And extended playoff to 8 or more REALLY helps them out.

5. A conference cannot dictate their schedule if they so choose to go for higher SOS. Example: This season

6. Their fans

They're not joining a conference unless NBC tell them to shove it which I don't see happening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Jul 20, 2012, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: ND ]

1. They have averaged a Top 15 recruiting class (Scout) the past 10 years, with their worst classes being years two and three.

2. Their strength of schedule is among the strongest every year because they averaged playing 9.4 BCS Conference teams a year the past 10 years, and they have never played a FCS team. From this season through 2016 they will play an average of 9.6 teams from BCS conferences, with the non-BCS teams being primarily Navy and BYU.

3. The deal with the Orange Bowl, the fact that they don't have any problems selling out neutral site games in Jerry World, will not have problems selling out games this year in Dublin, Ireland and Chicago and their soon to be renegotiated NBC deal means they are relevant in college football.

Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 PM

It has been in the works for a long time. I've known for over a year, but was asked not to say anything.....

I've known it since before I was born,

Jul 19, 2012, 11:55 PM

God told me not to tell you peons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson asked him to come to the meeting and he said yes

Jul 20, 2012, 10:57 AM

Nothing more to it then that.

Thats like saying

Jul 20, 2012, 10:59 AM

your wife asked her personal trainer to accompany her to Miami, nothing more to it then that

^ this lmao....***

Jul 20, 2012, 11:02 AM

Boy you sure told me***

Jul 20, 2012, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Thats like saying ]

But he's right.

Jul 20, 2012, 11:21 AM

You don't ask the head man to attend your BOT meeting unless there are heavy subjects being discussed or seriour questions being asked.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic