Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone seen this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Anyone seen this

May 26, 2015, 3:20 PM

http://www.outsports.com/2015/5/26/8660939/dabo-swinney-clemson-gay-family-council

I get that they are not just about Gay inequality, but that is a big thing for them. I don't know why he would put himself in the cross-hairs a year removed from the Religious Freedom people. Thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone seen this

May 26, 2015, 3:28 PM

He probably should have stayed away from it, knowing its going to bring backlash. No matter which side you stand on in the matter, if he was doing for anti-gay or pro-gay organization....its going to bring backlash in the media and public eye just because of who he is. Everyone has their own entitlement to opinion, but its an EXTEMELY sensitive world we live in today. On that note, I agree with his position on the matter, but wish for the sake of Clemson he would have just stayed out of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

May 26, 2015, 3:35 PM

That's where I was on it. I don' think he should've gotten involved because media/public are going to see it as him hating on gay people. I don't completely agree with the inequality views, but should he have gotten involved, no. Like you said for Clemson he should've stayed out.

Dabo has a right to express his opinion the same as any

May 26, 2015, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone seen this ]

other citizen. Nothing exempts anyone else so why not Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has a right to express his opinion the same as any

May 26, 2015, 5:27 PM

I agree.Bible believing Christians ,like Dabo are not only anti gay,they are also anti adultery ,anti murder , anti thief ,anti drunkard along with many other sins mentioned in the Bible.Christians are becoming the most hated people on earth because of our beliefs in God and His word .If you want to hate on us ,go ahead but the Bible has already said we would be hated for His names sake.Jesus said that if you're ashamed of me ,I'll be ashamed of you before The Father. He also say to hate the sin but love the sinner.Dabo is just standing up for what he believes and I don't see him backing down to any person or group that is anti Christian.It's time more Christians do the same.

well that's just straight to the point...

May 26, 2015, 5:43 PM

amen

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love you so much, I'm going to deny you the right

May 26, 2015, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has a right to express his opinion the same as any ]

to marry the one you love." That is some kind of "love" you are spreading.

You do realize that all of the sinners you mention except for one can get married. Did you forget that distinction or just conveniently pretend it didn't exist?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2015, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has a right to express his opinion the same as any ]

Preach it brotha! 1000% agree. I'm glad Dabo doesn't care about liberal views and opinions and stays true to himself!

May 26, 2015, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has a right to express his opinion the same as any ]

It also says no premarital sex, which 99% of the population has taken part in. Even the ones who say that there should be inequality for the LGBT community because it's a sin. It can go both ways though. Old Testament says you shouldn't do it and it's a sin. New Testament talks of loving everyone no matter their choices. Pick which one you want. Either way, who are we to say that someone can't get married?

Look for better sources. It's a smear campaign all over

May 26, 2015, 3:33 PM

Twitter and social media. I clicked around on a few links before the mob started to attack him. And it turns out the organization invited him to "honor him for his Christian testimony". He most likely won't say anything about politics or gay issues. But that doesn't stop the mob from tarring him with everything they don't like about the organization.

I also dug into the organization and from what I could tell in about 3 minutes, they are even more active at fighting domestic abuse, child abuse, and something they call "sexual purity", among other things.

It's not worth spending any more time on it. But I did satisfy suspicions from seeing this smear campaign lighting up in social media. For the most part, it is just a way to get attention and to keep chipping away at pushing religious beliefs to the underground. It's all about power.

Re: Look for better sources. It's a smear campaign all over

May 26, 2015, 3:40 PM

Like I said I understand they are about other things, but that one thing is what will stand out. It will be twisted to that this is what he thinks, even if he only attends. We know what his views are, but when in a position like him, I don't think you can openly say your views anymore.

Unfrotunately this is the case.***

May 26, 2015, 3:47 PM

Well, in my view he has a choice

May 26, 2015, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Look for better sources. It's a smear campaign all over ]

Bend to mob rule or stick to your principals and clarify your beliefs. Flipping it around: Should Christian organizations try to ban him from speaking his beliefs in front of organizations that believe in abortions but promote lots of other things?

I don't agree with the Palmetto Family Council regarding their stance on LGBT issues. In fact I find the politicizing of sexuality to be pretty silly (or even stupid). But both sides are now sinking their heels in. Swinney doesn't have to be in the crossfire and letting them honor him doesn't have to put him in that position. It will be up to him. Already the crowd that wants to marginalize the Family Council is showing their cards. The smear is that by even appearing or participating he defacto is anti-gay. Total hooey. And there are many ways to address it. If I were betting, I would put money that he will go. If I were allowed to give him advise, it would be to get agreement from that group that they will NOT use his recognition (award?) and his speech to further that agenda item.

We'll see. It's not that big a deal to me. He either gives in to one side which has formed a mob or continues to support the other, even with their warts.

Re: That is what I read into it. You can't believe

May 26, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Look for better sources. It's a smear campaign all over ]

everything you hear.

May 26, 2015, 3:39 PM

My take is that people will be offended either way because we live in a very soft society. And i'm not some old guy saying that. I am only a few weeks removed from graduating college. Unfortunately for me, this is the society I will be living in. Anything can be construed as offensive to anyone. Dabo may be pro or anti gay marriage, I don't know his personal beliefs but I judge him as a football coach and nothing more. These stories are just people trying to push their agenda's.

This is true but

May 26, 2015, 3:45 PM

the end result is it brings negative publicity if it gains more traction.

That's the rub though that the prior poster was addressing.

May 26, 2015, 4:29 PM

We've become a soft, easily offended society and allow for anyone and everyone, whether it be the FFRC or an attention-seeking politician in the state, to have a medium to stir up controversy with. It's not about either side of the issue, beliefs, or who's right or who's wrong with any of it. It's about stirring up emotions in viewers and keeping them tuned in for as long as possible. People like the Dem legislator in SC and FFRC totally get that and exploit it for the value of the spotlight. And as a society we're more than happy to oblige by listening and chiming in whenever it pops up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely..***

May 26, 2015, 8:02 PM

Re: As the old saying goes "if you don't stand for

May 26, 2015, 8:01 PM [ in reply to This is true but ]

something, you will fall for anything" This world needs more Dabos.

May 26, 2015, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone seen this ]

this my friend is exactly why he should not have agreed to accept the award. it is a no winner either way. and like it or not, he is a state employee. if he has strong feelings either way, which he most certainly is entitled to like everyone else, it would probably be best to keep among his close inner circle or religious group and keep football as his public domain discussion. everyone here knows dabo is a man of high character and moral values. as a wise man once said, the way you live your life speaks far more about you than what you tell others how you live it. if your GOOD you don't have to tell people, they will see it for themselves!

You're the biggest loser on this board

May 26, 2015, 5:19 PM

Nothing you say is of any substance.

Re: You're the biggest loser on this board

May 26, 2015, 5:21 PM

why are reading it?

I got a lot out of your post, though

May 26, 2015, 5:32 PM [ in reply to You're the biggest loser on this board ]

I just felt compelled to post about since you went on the attack.

Not buying your position on it.

May 26, 2015, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone seen this ]

Out of all the stands this group has, one is deemed offensive to some for political reasons and to some for personal reasons. But because of the political agenda, the mob wants to taint Swinney REGARDLESS of his view. So therefore he should bend to the will of the mob.

I don't agree with the group on the issue. But I certainly don't want any state employee to have to go underground with their religion just because of political pressure. Even if Swinney agrees, why should he be banned from saying it? Does the clerk at the courthouse have to keep their religious beliefs silent? Does the administrator at Francis Marion get the freedom to express their view of not needing or wanting to be married but only in domestic partnerships simply because it is not a tenet of their religion or because a particular mob approves of it?

I may not agree with somebody, but I'd surely rather them tell me what they believe than hide it.

Re:You have no idea how this has gone over in this state. I

May 26, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone seen this ]

have had a number of people, including a lot of Coot fans, who are very supportive of him. You sir, are a REVOLVING LOSER.

May 26, 2015, 3:47 PM

This was started by South Carolina alumni using a position in the government to raise questions about Dabo. In fact Ray tanner previously spoke at an event sponsored by the group, but due to his affiliation no questions were asked. Now I do not believe Dabo accepted the invitation because of the "sexual equality" beliefs of the organization, but I also feel due to the toxic nature of the situation Dabo should back out.

null

Re: This is Great

May 26, 2015, 4:42 PM

People need to stand up and start telling these people are so wrong they should starve cause if animals chose to be gay there would be no food for these people to eat and it takes pollen to cross from a male and female to produce fruit and vegtables so if these people do it to say they are happy and its fine well if the plants and animals turn gay there will be no food for these so called happy people just think how true what im saying is

Already has been a 300 replied thread on this***

May 26, 2015, 4:46 PM

First off Dabo wears his religious views on his sleeves.....

May 26, 2015, 4:57 PM

....He is a christian and will live that way regardless of what society thinks. Dabo is a man that puts God first above all, even his family as God is the Alpha and Omega. So knowing that God is first do you think Dabo gives a crap what you or I or even Clemson thinks? Absolutely not. He is a christian that will be judged by God one day so he will not compromise that for ANYTHING. He could careless what the backlash is or what the LGBT thinks. If Clemson came to him and asked him to compromise his beliefs Dabo would walk away and not look back. So I don't understand the well if I were Dabo I wouldn't go because it would put a bad light on Clemson type of people because Dabo isn't going to go against his christian beliefs regardless of what people think or say. People need to understand that there is no such thing as a part time christian, you either are or you're not and christianity doesn't accept gays because the Good book says so. 30 years ago this wouldn't have been an issue and you probably would have the President of the United States attending something like this years ago but because people let every little thing compromise their views and beliefs Dabo is to. So because things viewed as a sin 30 years ago all of a sudden its not today. I don't get it. Things just aren't a sin today just because more people accept it, it just means I will have a little more elbow room in Heaven. God Bless....

Re: Preach it Bro.***

May 26, 2015, 8:11 PM

Re: First off Dabo wears his religious views on his sleeves.....

May 26, 2015, 11:25 PM [ in reply to First off Dabo wears his religious views on his sleeves..... ]

I'm not saying Dabo should back out of his views. I'm was simply saying like someone else said, how does it reflect on Clemson. Dabo is a representative of Clemson, him saying he thinks LGBT is wrong kinda says Clemson thinks it too.

Liberals are offended by EVERYTHING!

May 26, 2015, 5:03 PM

Free speech is fine as long as you go along with THEIR agenda.

And, only 100 people have signed the petition.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Bingo.***

May 26, 2015, 5:06 PM

I won't speak to the "offended by everything"

May 26, 2015, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Liberals are offended by EVERYTHING! ]

However, I don't see how this is pertinent to free speech. It seems like both sides of the argument have been freely able to express themselves.

No, they want to limit Dabo's free speech by labeling him

May 26, 2015, 5:43 PM

a bigot, homophobe, intolerant, etc. He is condemned if he speaks before the FRC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Are they not free to call him such

May 26, 2015, 6:02 PM

Is he not free to still say whatever he wants?

That's how free speech works.

Free Speech has nothing to do with not being condemned for what you say.

May 26, 2015, 5:24 PM

This has nothing to do with Equal rights if you can read this mess its because your parents chose not to be gay there is not human being on earth even here to give their opinion if their parents chose to be gay and only humans try and munipulate Gods will and say its equal rights it has nothing to do with rights it has to do with thats how life is created and how it keeps reproducing if animals and fish and plants decided to be gay in six months there would be nothing on earth for any human being to survive on thats just the way God created this world and its not for humans to try and munipulate the whole cycle of life to say someone has equal rights it will not work it cant work and seems like the animals are the only ones that follow the rules humans just try and munipulate everthing but more people need to help wake these people up and show them why this is so wrong they havent even thought about how they will eat if the cattle start turning gay

Dude, the dot below the '>' symbol, press it every now and

May 26, 2015, 5:27 PM

then ...

May 26, 2015, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone seen this ]

Because if they had equal rights everyone would just turn gay? You saying that if animals were gay there would be nothing for us. That is true, but who says 100% of the species would be gay? Just because LGBT couples can't "have" a child doesn't mean some of them are better parents than biological parents. We all know at least one couple that shouldn't have children, but they do.

May 26, 2015, 5:57 PM

Last time I checked the Catholic Church is against same sex marriage and abortion. If the N.D. or B.C. coach go to a Catholic school to speak I guess the students would be offended and ask him not to speak? Doubt it. This group seems to be more about all issues we should care about and not a hate group. A lot of hot air about nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did that freedom from religion work out for Dabo?

May 26, 2015, 6:18 PM

Top recruiting class.

How did it work out for the FFRF? MEH!

Score Card:

Dabo 1

FFRF 0

What's your projection on the outcome of this one?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re Hoss, if you are not living on the edge you are taking up to

May 26, 2015, 7:55 PM

too much room. Go to it Dabp.

May 26, 2015, 10:10 PM

"Freedom of Speech" gets tossed around a lot by people but the only thing the first amendment of the Federal Constitution protects you from is the GOVERNMENT censoring your free exercise of speech.

I'm a gay, atheist, ultra-liberal (gasp) Clemson alum, and rabid Clemson football fan. I don't understand why Dabo (Ray Tanner or anyone with a brain) feels the need to promote a group that is fundamentally opposed to equality before the law for any group of people. Dabo is a Christian. Great. Happy for him. I found some loose change in my couch today.
I think there are more appropriate venues for him to promote his beliefs. I don't maybe a church where there isn't so much political activism.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic