Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know what T.J.Green is talking about?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Anyone know what T.J.Green is talking about?

Apr 30, 2016, 7:50 PM

Sammy even chimed in

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe he was talking about Clemson fans bashing Kearse online..

Apr 30, 2016, 8:01 PM

Guess some people on here were under the delusion that none of our current or former players see the bashing they get from so called Clemson fans

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe he was talking about Clemson fans bashing Kearse online..

Apr 30, 2016, 8:03 PM

After I read that my first thought was "wonder if he reads tigernet

I'm sure all the players read tigernet,

Apr 30, 2016, 8:07 PM

although it's sound advice not to read your own press...

It's one thing to criticize, but it's another thing to hope for the downfall...

Apr 30, 2016, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe he was talking about Clemson fans bashing Kearse online.. ]

of a player that helped your team win a lot of games. Kearse joins Boyd, Bryant, and Breeland or any player that leaves early for the draft, as Clemson players that so called Clemson fans on the internet who have openly cheered for the failure of their football careers or life.

Re: It's one thing to criticize, but it's another thing to hope for the downfall...

Apr 30, 2016, 8:14 PM

This has nothing to do with message board fans. Follow the thread. Sammy asks if this is about coaches and T.J. says yes. Tony Pauline made same accusation about Alexander. This needs to be nipped in the bud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's one thing to criticize, but it's another thing to hope for the downfall...

Apr 30, 2016, 8:22 PM

Yeah, that's what I was getting. It sounds more than message board fans. Hope it's nothing bad. Just hate to see a tiger not happy especially when they should be

yeah he's not talking about fans

Apr 30, 2016, 8:24 PM

players aren't the "product" of the fans.

Just was hoping it wasn't anything to do with coaches...

Apr 30, 2016, 8:27 PM

but yeah the inference is coaches

I did, didn't see anything mentioned about coaches***

Apr 30, 2016, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: It's one thing to criticize, but it's another thing to hope for the downfall... ]

Hasn't this Pauline guy bad mouthed Clemson before***

Apr 30, 2016, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: It's one thing to criticize, but it's another thing to hope for the downfall... ]

he is New York sports gossip***

Apr 30, 2016, 8:32 PM

Re: Hasn't this Pauline guy bad mouthed Clemson before***

Apr 30, 2016, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Hasn't this Pauline guy bad mouthed Clemson before*** ]

He was the first one to starting trash mouthing Boyd. This year he was the first to go on record about concerns about Alexander and said specifically that Clemson coaches were describing him as difficult. Our coaches need to come off of cloud nine and get a refresher in marketing and public relations. They should never - ever - have something negative to say about one of our players publically (obviously excepting actual criminal or known discipline issues). Sammy called it "heartbreaking." This #### matters and it needs to be addressed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First off I don't believe any Clemson coach would

Apr 30, 2016, 8:50 PM

say something negative about a player. I don't know where cloud nine is but pretty sure the coaches do quite well in "public relations". So either you are saying the Clemson coaches lied about players like Alexander being difficult or that Alexander was actually difficult to work with and it came up in a conversation. You must think Clemson coaches are the dumbest people on earth if you think they would create a negative picture of Clemson in a sport where perception and image may be the most important thing to keep a program relevant. Dabo, and most of the coaches for that matter, are Christian men where it is frowned upon to lie so even if the coaches said some of the things you are insinuating they said it is the players fault and only their fault. It isn't Dabo or Venables fault that Kearse completely quit on a play against UNC in the ACCCG and let their little white dude receiver just waltz into the endzone. You see every game and every play is on tape and tape is like good Christian people, neither lie.

Re: First off I don't believe any Clemson coach would

Apr 30, 2016, 8:56 PM

So you're just going to ignore multiple public allegations of negative commentary by our coaches directed at multiple players. It concerned me when it was brought up about Alexander but I also think Pauline is sketchy as hell. Now you have a local reporter accusing BV of throwing Kearse under the bus. And multiple players latching on and circulating the rumor. I never accused anyone of lying - you made that up. But it really isn't their place to say negative things to reporters or scouts. They are not paid to protect those interests. Again - this is now multiple reporters concerning multiple players. The staff needs to get ahead of it - now. It has tainted what should be a huge day for our football program.

we're doomed***

Apr 30, 2016, 9:08 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2016, 8:57 PM [ in reply to First off I don't believe any Clemson coach would ]

Could be a misinterpreted quote from one of the coaches saying that they believe that some of the players needed another year and shouldn't have came out yet. Media and reporters can twist anything into anything they want.

Apr 30, 2016, 9:10 PM

I am with you.....the media twists things. And you all know that there are many media outlets who would love to hurt Clemson.

There was a story about how Mac did not go to Disney World because he was preparing for a game. It was said in a negative light by the media. But really.....who cares if Mac went to Disney World. He might hate rides....or creepy characters. The media twisted this like whoever told them that thought it was a bad thing. I seriously doubt it.....just someone mentioning his dedication....his drive....and someone in the media twisted it. I would bet money.

BV declines to comment about a player. Is that throwing someone under the bus? No.

Apr 30, 2016, 9:39 PM [ in reply to First off I don't believe any Clemson coach would ]

Jim and Tammy Faye Baker say hello . Jimmy Swaggert there in the background , also waving at tour pompous statement of pure inaccuracy .
Not hating , but Christians lie just like everyone else .
It's called sin .

DB23

Good advice to our TIGERS!

Apr 30, 2016, 9:46 PM

null

Message was edited by: CUTiger843®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so our coaches forgot how to market and PR? The recruiting

Apr 30, 2016, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Hasn't this Pauline guy bad mouthed Clemson before*** ]

ranking doesn't show it

Can you link where the coaches said something negative?***

Apr 30, 2016, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Hasn't this Pauline guy bad mouthed Clemson before*** ]

Probably has to do with this right here... Hope not

Apr 30, 2016, 8:10 PM

Check out @Aaron_Brenner's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Aaron_Brenner/status/726530770752278528?s=09

not a trustworthy source right there. Writes for the P&C..,

Apr 30, 2016, 8:13 PM

Probably a liar just like Gene Suckoff

Everyone loves how honest BV is most of the time...

May 1, 2016, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Probably has to do with this right here... Hope not ]

Kearse didn't play up to his abilities this year. Anyone who had watched him before could see that. Don't blame BV at all for telling it like it is.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone loves how honest BV is most of the time...

May 1, 2016, 10:32 AM

I agree. It is an interesting ethical question. Lie to enhance the value of your players in the draft? Or tell the truth and maintain your integrity as a coach? I think the latter is the way to go, morally speaking. It also benefits the coach's reputation to not be viewed by the NFL as untrustworthy. I imagine it is difficult to remain objective about such things.

Re: Anyone know what T.J.Green is talking about?

Apr 30, 2016, 8:12 PM

Second public accusation of coaches poor mouthing players before the draft. Now involving actual players. They need to get ahead of this now.

Re: Anyone know what T.J.Green is talking about?

Apr 30, 2016, 8:13 PM

Sounds like he has an attitude and might need to just be happy. Not everyone is gonna love him. I know what TJ, just hinge on what everyone on the internet thinks. Hmmmm.

I have no idea.

Apr 30, 2016, 8:16 PM

That's what I love about twitter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It doesn't really matter......

Apr 30, 2016, 8:39 PM

It will all be good. Clemson has had numerous players drafted and has never come up before so I am guessing if it is about the coaches then the most I can say is the truth hurts sometimes. I seriously doubt if it is a coach driven comment that the coaches lied about something. We live in an age where it is always someone else's fault. If it is about Kearse then Kearse put himself in the situation that he is in no one else. Tape doesn't lie and everyone can see the tape. I have never attacked a player and never will but I also don't really like the attack of coaches if that is what the tweet is in reference to. Does anyone on the tread think that Dabo or Venables would lie about a player so that player doesn't get drafted? I sure as heck don't. Also TJ needs to be careful because NFL clubs take twitter and the things said on it seriously. Just because he is in the NFL doesn't mean he can speak his mind on anything and say anything. Not sure Kearse was worried about where he was drafted and thats why he didn't play well most of the season or not but you don't go from being a late 1st round early 2nd to an actual 7th round pick because you played the same way throughout your career. With that said though I expect Dabo to reach out to TJ and/or Kearse to see what the problem is because the last thing you want is a former player mad and slandering coaches because he didn't get drafted where he thought he should have. All I can say is the truth hurts sometimes. Most guys only want a chance and right now Mr. Kearse has his chance and the ability to write his future and make people pay for him being passed over but again it is on Kearse, no one else....

Re: It doesn't really matter......

Apr 30, 2016, 8:47 PM

When our coaches sacrifice our brand value to assist NFL interests it does matter. And when superstars like Sammy Watkins use the word "heartbreaking" to describe our coaches actions, it matters. We're near top of the football world with everyone gunning for us. This is pretty heavy anti-recruiting ammunition.

]First off you don't know the context of the conversation so

Apr 30, 2016, 8:52 PM

your just insinuating what you think it is. I seriously doubt Dabo and company have forgotten how to run a college football program.

Man,you've bumped your head.

Apr 30, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: It doesn't really matter...... ]

All coaches do is be honest and, in Kearse's case, the film don't lie. I hope he learns from this and has a long a prosperous NFL career, but it's his own fault that he'll have to wait a few years to be as prosperous as he could have.

Dabo said back in the season when asked that he had a couple of guys more worried about their draft status than they were the team. Now we know who he was talking about.

Tank also said in an interview during Spring practice that people worrying about themselves and not the team was a problem last season and that it wouldn't be a problem this year.

This staff made a second rounder out of Dodd, Kearse made a seventh rounder out of himself.

Re: Man,you've bumped your head.

Apr 30, 2016, 9:00 PM

The film doesn't lie so they have no reason to say anything negative. Let the scouts do their own homework. If it's misinterpretation then get ahead of the story because it's turning into one.

It's a story of a player underacheiving ,now he has a chance

Apr 30, 2016, 9:15 PM

to prove himself. Seems TJ has deleted the Tweet.

Re: It's a story of a player underacheiving ,now he has a chance

Apr 30, 2016, 9:27 PM

These are what I always see and enjoy reading from players and former players that's why that one stood out and just didn't sound right. Hopefully it's nothing bad

Re: It's a story of a player underacheiving ,now he has a chance

May 1, 2016, 11:50 AM [ in reply to It's a story of a player underacheiving ,now he has a chance ]

When it gets down to it, these kids play for themselves and their futures, Clemson just happens to be the recipient of their God-given talent for a few years. As I have mentioned, Eric MacClain, had he been blessed with Kearse's physical and talent "gifts" with his heart, he would have been a first round choice. Let's not fool ourselves, Kearse had to know he wasn't giving his all, his coaches and most of the Clemson family saw it. No way BV or Dabo can tolerate a half-a$$ effort and "make nice" about it, they are trying to build a team that is "All-In."

Apr 30, 2016, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Man,you've bumped your head. ]

"Tainted the day"
"Turning into a story"
???
Good grief you must be a ####. The only person on this thread making a big deal is you. And who cares if BV DID decline to comment. That could mean a million things. And if TJ Greene really is referencing our coaches, then he probably should read his own history and thank Dabo Swinney for taking a chance on a 2-star player and THEN developing him into a 2nd round pick. His only response should be gratitude. Period.

He did sound like Henny Penny***

May 1, 2016, 12:12 AM

May 1, 2016, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Man,you've bumped your head. ]

Old viz has all the answers. It was just a matter of time before he took aim at the football staff. Coach Lee and Brownell have been in his cross hairs . Beginning to wonder if the guy is even really a clemson fan. Not one I want to hang around with for sure.

May 2, 2016, 8:38 PM

Yep

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

truthfully, Sammy needs to worry about Sammy***

Apr 30, 2016, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: It doesn't really matter...... ]

Seems Sammy "might" have talked to "someone"

Apr 30, 2016, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: It doesn't really matter...... ]

Do you really think anybody on TN needs to tell Dabo

Apr 30, 2016, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: It doesn't really matter...... ]

how to run a football team?

coaches sacrifice brand value. I've wasted time

May 1, 2016, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: It doesn't really matter...... ]

Reading all of this so a little more wont matter. All I have seen that is even in a quote was the Brenner crap where BV said he did not want to comment about him and that was between the acc ch game and the final 4. TRuly a bunch of sour grapes blown out of proportion if that's all there is to it.

It doesn't really matter.. Read this for best summary***

Apr 30, 2016, 9:36 PM [ in reply to It doesn't really matter...... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems TJ deleted the Tweet ?

Apr 30, 2016, 9:13 PM

https://twitter.com/bossgreen256

Re: Seems TJ deleted the Tweet ?

May 1, 2016, 8:36 AM

Thank you.

First of all, IF this is about our coaches,

Apr 30, 2016, 9:27 PM

I'm pretty sure they do nothing other coaches don't do.

But let's consider some general "rules of engagement" and reasonable thoughts here:

1. The players are entering the job market. The NFL is a career. It is an adult world.

2. Employers will do their homework. That includes checking references. That goes for ANY job, and I don't know why the NFL should be any different. If you are a job applicant, you should be fully aware of that fact.

3. Any conversations about a potential employee are to remain private. Whoever is disclosing private conversations is the one who should be questioned.

4. A potential job employee is subject to scrutiny, even outside of references. Example: Employers now look at social media. This can affect "normal" people with "normal" jobs. So, any performance issues on the field would have been the first thing they noticed.

5. The character of our staff has been proven over and over. Accusations of our staff doing something out of character should be highly suspect.

6. "Journalism" and social media are often not worth reading or believing. We should know that by now. Rumors are also very dangerous to believe. People would do well to fully investigate in a private manner instead of accusing publicly.

7. Behavior has consequences. Not as much these days as it should...and sometimes it's all twisted where the good behavior is punished and the bad behavior celebrated...but, nevertheless, behavior has consequences.

I hate these types of things. Public airing of one side of a situation, often based on partial information and almost always denying the other side's story, feeds rumor mills. People want to believe the sensational.

Tell a lie 3 times, and it becomes the truth (not the real truth, but the adopted truth).

remove Hillary, insert Tigergal85....

Apr 30, 2016, 9:33 PM

we'd all be much better off.

Lol!***

Apr 30, 2016, 10:27 PM

All of these young men are a lot richer today than they

May 1, 2016, 6:59 AM

were a month ago, and they have Clemson and our staff to thank for that.

Secondly, I suspect so-called media pundits are involved, and I wouldn't pay five cents to see the whole crowd of them humping the Statue of Liberty in the middle of Death Valley.

Any insinuation that our staff is up to shenanigans is a crock of bullsh*t, purely and simply, as far as I'm concerned, for they are the reason...and the only reason our great group of men received recognition the past few days. End of story.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All of these young men are a lot richer today than they

May 1, 2016, 8:31 AM

What?

No one drafted in the late rounds is "a lot richer" today.

Why would anyone pay to watch media members hump the Statue of Liberty in Death Valley? Why is it in Death Valley? Why are they humping? And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? A healthy distrust of the media is good. A blind refusal to listen to anything they say while lapping up anything authority throws your way is sad..

I didn't make the insinuation and actually would like to believe that it is a crock but once players are taking time on draft day to complain about it - it ought to be addressed. And to believe our staff - solely because they wear orange - are infallible is also sad.

Our staff is the "only reason" our men received recognition? Nice job completely devaluing the efforts of the "great group of men" themselves because clearly they had nothing to do with it.

Re: All of these young men are a lot richer today than they

May 1, 2016, 10:09 AM

Peake, Kearse, and Brooks all get signing bonuses of 62k+. And if they make the team their contracts are all 2.3 mil+.

The signing bonus alone is much more than most starting salaries for people just getting out of college.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic