Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think these neutral site games are stupid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,206

Anyone else think these neutral site games are stupid

Sep 7, 2016, 8:23 PM

Most of them are not neutral.
They do not have the atmosphere of a college game.
Everyone loses a home game.
Its one more game you have to travel to.

Why do people like these? I'd way prefer to play a home and home with anyone, even App St (Wyoming??), and have a rabid fanbase cheering against us, then have them at our place the next year than sterile feeling games in NFL stadiums. Don't even get me started on how assonine a game at a racetrack is. I'd be livid if that were my Tigers.

Home and home, only way college ball should be played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

yeah I agree

Sep 7, 2016, 8:42 PM

USC actually going to Tuscaloosa sounds been better and the bama going to the coliseum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wah wah wahhhhhh

Sep 7, 2016, 8:52 PM

Good lord man. You people find a way to complain about every single little thing. Just watch the #### game.

Show me a complaint in my post and I'll give you TU.. otherwise

Sep 7, 2016, 8:58 PM

I see an opinion supported by why I think they suck. Offer something to the conversation or don't post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

he wasn't complaining about your post. he's just saying it's stupid and it

Sep 7, 2016, 9:07 PM

sucks. see, that's not a complaint at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

+1 for mind-blowing logic

Sep 7, 2016, 10:32 PM

Unfortunately the OP probably finds logic inconvenient and would want to complain about it.

So much angst in you toward me.. why?

Sep 8, 2016, 12:25 AM

Does it help if I say..

I've pondered the purpose and intentional, as well as unintentional, effects of "neutral site" games and opine that they detract from the game by removing the student attendance, pageantry, and amazing gameday atmosphere that sets the college football competition apart from other American sports while also placing a burden on fans to travel to an away game that does not result in the ability to visit another university and partake in an unique gameday experience saturated with the competing school's traditions.

null

Re: Wah wah wahhhhhh

Sep 7, 2016, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Wah wah wahhhhhh ]

He has an opinion, you have yours. Why be an ########? It's a rather interesting topic and relevant, and he didn't sound like he was whining just glad we went to an actual college stadium.

Anyways, I think the chickfila kickoff game is done well, and had fun last time we were there (auburn?)

recruiting

Sep 7, 2016, 8:57 PM

Bama and Usc just put their programs on display in a talent rich area. Smart if you ask me.

I hear that concept, but do those recruits get free tix to the game?

Sep 7, 2016, 9:40 PM

Otherwise, do you think a program like Bama or USC needs more exposure? It may make sense for Vandy and S Car to play in Dallas to remind high school kids they exist, but I don't see it for marquee programs.

null

I mean, SURE they want more exposure

Sep 7, 2016, 9:43 PM

The most popular bramds in the world continually advertise.

I get you dont like the neutral site games but there are obviously some positives to them.

Re: Anyone else think these neutral site games are stupid

Sep 7, 2016, 9:03 PM

Good question.

I agree. I mean we're all used to the "world's biggest tailgate" or whatever that bollocks is b/w Ga and Florida. Plus the conf. championship games at neutral sites.

However, there are waaaaaayyyy too many neutral site games this year imo. It deprives fans of the opportunity to see games in their home venues for a start. Plus, they aren't really that neutral as many of them seem to be cheated closer to one university than the other. Not sure of the point really.

Sep 7, 2016, 9:09 PM

I want to see an 8 game playoff with the first round at the lower (better) seed's stadium. Could even do it now with the first 2 games in the current playoff. Hard to travel twice in 2 weeks, would help out 1/2 the teams and make more incentive to be ranked #1 or #2. Playoff game in Death Valley? Awesome!

I guess you've never seen us play in.......

Sep 7, 2016, 9:08 PM

the Georgia Dome, for example. I think playing in the Dome is great so you can't criticize all neutral site games.

I went to Peach Bowl against Tenn.. but it wasn't a reg season game.

Sep 7, 2016, 9:44 PM

Bowls are different (and earned), but reg season games should be on a campus. Would you rather go to Atl and GA Dome, or Tex AM and see a campus and their traditions?

null

Sep 7, 2016, 9:27 PM

The SEC is notorious for using neutral sites. They get a team to play them at home and then the next year they play them at a neutral site to avoid them having a home game and a chance of winning. See USuCk when they played North Carolina and East Carolina.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2016, 9:43 PM

Yes, but I sure did enjoy the beers during the game at the orange and natty

Sep 7, 2016, 10:47 PM

Its all about the money these days. The neutral site games. The 5 hour games because we have a TV time out every time the ball changes sides.

Sep 8, 2016, 4:44 AM

Boring-ass post. I'm mad I took the time to read it!

You don't have to lose a home game when you play neutral site

Sep 8, 2016, 5:28 AM

you can lose a true road game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,206
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic