Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody here work somewhere where you answer calls for a 800
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Anybody here work somewhere where you answer calls for a 800

Oct 17, 2019, 12:19 PM

numbered line? And if so do you ever get calls with a recording loop of random sounds like water running, a boat horn, water lapping the side of a boat, kids playing in the distance etc? The loop with just play over and over if you stay on the line and no one ever answers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds to me like

Oct 17, 2019, 12:25 PM

Tigerdug23® probably buttdialed you while at work

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Sounds to me like

Oct 17, 2019, 12:30 PM

Good call (no pun intended).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds to me like

Oct 17, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Sounds to me like ]

You know that thought did cross my mind lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it’s definitely not FM, cuz none of this

Oct 17, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Sounds to me like ]

And not bob because none of this

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If someone called me with peaceful noises like that

Oct 17, 2019, 12:29 PM

I wouldn't hang up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

Re: If someone called me with peaceful noises like that

Oct 17, 2019, 12:32 PM

I usually listen for 3-4 mins and then hang up. Our calls are recorded so any longer and the Wizard of Oz that listens to calls my start getting suspicious and I try to fly under the radar at work...you know so I can still spend the day here lol

Someone who isn't a fan of children's laughter?

Oct 17, 2019, 12:38 PM

Do you work in Moscow?

Clemson

^^^This, it's call center 101

Oct 17, 2019, 12:33 PM [ in reply to If someone called me with peaceful noises like that ]

Your stats say you only took one call today but you were on it for 9 hours, so you're good to go

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

More time for important matters

Oct 17, 2019, 12:35 PM

Like chrome helmets and list making

Clemson

Re: More time for important matters

Oct 17, 2019, 12:36 PM

Don't forget Harry Potter posts!

Re: ^^^This, it's call center 101

Oct 17, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to ^^^This, it's call center 101 ]

When the analytics are ran yes, but when Oz listens he's gonna wanna know what I did for those 9 hours of listening to water running. I would hate to draw attention to my browser history logs at work lol

"I was listening intently to the call in case someone

Oct 17, 2019, 12:45 PM

started talking. In the event someone had an urgent question I didn't want to be rude and hang up on them. Can you show me in the employee handbook where it says I have to hang up on the caller in that instance or are you just harassing me due to my gender and the color of my skin?"

That's how you get promoted for listening to the sounds of waves crashing while posting on the tnets for 9 hours.

Re: "I was listening intently to the call in case someone

Oct 17, 2019, 12:49 PM

Genius!

Re: Anybody here work somewhere where you answer calls for a 800

Oct 17, 2019, 12:54 PM

Well the reason I asked is because it's apparently it is a part of some scam quite similar to the movie Office Space.

Warning long read:
https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/n8ho3a/104-the-case-of-the-phantom-caller

Basically some person/s has figured out a way to scam the phone carrier industry. We've been getting these calls for months and could never figure out why.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic