Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AnyOne watch Boomer & Gio on CBS Sports? (I have story about Boom & 1982 game there).
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

AnyOne watch Boomer & Gio on CBS Sports? (I have story about Boom & 1982 game there).

May 23, 2018, 8:44 AM

I have checked show out couple of times for a minute or two..mainly to see how Boom has aged (nicely) from his time at U of Maryland when Tigers took a thriller from him in last minute.

In 1982 I had flown up to College Park with 12 year old Son WiLL in neighbor’s small single engine plane..

and it was windy when we safely landed sideways at Nation’s oldest municipal airport..and taxi driver sitting at terminal was a Coot who was eating a sandwich out of his trunk but drove us quickly to Terrapins campus stadium since running late.

And, that wind affected the game hours later in that our punter Dale Hatcher punted ball only 3 yards net near our 25 yard line that should have caused us a loss with minutes to go but Billy Davis intercepted Boomer’s throw with about 30 seconds remaining in game & Clemson ran out the clock!

You can see me waving that famous 3’ x 5’ Orange PAW flag then high up in stands at the 2:10 minute mark of video posted below (the flag that went to zillions of home & away games from 1977-1992, hence my nickname of The FLAGMAN given by SID Bob Bradley).

Saying..another wild but successful trip following the Clemson TiGERS!

PS: We sat next to & talked to Homer “NC” Jordan’s Uncle (Homer was either injured or pulled from game for not performing well).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True story about Boomer

May 23, 2018, 8:53 AM

I roomed down the hall from him at Maryland. You know how he became the first string QB?

He was their 3rd string QB at the time. 1st string goes down in game one with an ACL tear. 2nd string comes in and does pretty well. Second game 2nd string continues to play well and Maryland gets the win. That night, celebrating the win, the 2nd string QB gets a little wild at a bar called The Voo, ends up pulling a girls wrap around skirt off. He is arrested, kicked off the team and on steps Boomer.

To his credit, he never looked back and played so well no one ever had a chance of taking his spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True story about Boomer

May 23, 2018, 9:25 AM

if he had thrown with the correct arm think how good he'd have been. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So a 3rd string QB is important?

May 23, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to True story about Boomer ]

Someone should've told Hunter this story

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I remember listening to Jim Phillips call that 1982 game

May 23, 2018, 9:40 AM

He said the Dale Hatcher punt netted 3 or 4 yards.
Here's the game on Youtube with the punt at about
the 2:03:30 mark.

https://youtu.be/QEwBsqRjaPU?t=7408

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic