»
Topic: Any of The Mid-Late 80s Folks Remember Barrel Tavern
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 19, 2018 9:15 PM by: dsgriff®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Any of The Mid-Late 80s Folks Remember Barrel Tavern

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 8:49 AM

Back by Calhoun Courts II and the Tire Shop Dug into the hill. Small little hole in the wall. My roomate worked part time bartending there and had a key to the place. As long as we paid for what beer we took, the owner let us go in and buy whatever we needed 24/7.

Saturday night kegger running late, no problem. I remember in 1988 winning $500 on video poker, it was a ton of money for a poor college kid. Blew like $50 at Sonny's with 2 buddies gorging on greasy food.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Any of The Mid-Late 80s Folks Remember Barrel Tavern

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 9:09 AM

Yep. I went there one or two times. My recollection is it was a dive, beer was cheap and it could get a bit rough. I personally experienced the dive atmosphere and the cheap beer, but I never really saw the rough crowd. I suppose I was there at the right times. It shut down soon after I started to visit. I think there is a coffee shop there now - much different vibe!

I predict you will have much success picking up ladies at

[1]
Posted: Jan 19, 2018 9:52 AM

Dabo's camp.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 8:30 PM

Ahh morbid, remember the guy from Johnstone E hall (Islip?) getting thrown through the glass door at the Barrell during a brawl? Were you there that night?

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 8:44 PM

Shot a good bit of pool there. Good place.

Absolutely!

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 9:15 PM

Right around the corner from Brothers Deli

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Louisville
FOR SALE: 2 tickets in Clemson section 303, Row P, Seats 9, 11. $75 face value OBO. Email or Text. Thank you...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1232 people have read this post