Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any Juan wanna 'splain this to me?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 370

Any Juan wanna 'splain this to me?

May 31, 2020, 8:59 AM

Surveys show black people and white people smoke marijuana at roughly equal rates..

..yet a black person is almost 4x as likely to go to jail for it as a white person.

What gives?

Also, did you know more than 50% of all federal inmates are in for drug offenses?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Juan wanna 'splain this to me?

May 31, 2020, 9:04 AM

Black people get searched more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Juan wanna 'splain this to me?

May 31, 2020, 9:07 AM

And white people probably have more $$ to hire an attorney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whiteys get all cute with bats and one-hitters

May 31, 2020, 9:09 AM

You can’t hide a Philly blunt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whiteys keep their stash locked up at home.

May 31, 2020, 12:01 PM

If you’re going to smoke, smoke before you leave the house.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great question. Drug offenses can be anything from

May 31, 2020, 10:45 AM

possessing to organized dealing. And I suspect almost no one goes to jail for using weed. But yes, in a general sense, i will agree that people in jail for small time drug stuff need to be sent home.

Before being too loose with calling that situation racism, remember why it exists and where it came from. Black leaders were accusing whites of letting drugs destroy black neighborhoods, and a Dem administration implemented the kind of laws and enforcement that led to this. I am not saying that the situation should not have been addressed - of course it should have - but the cycle of black leaders blaming racism for everything they see, and whites then enacting laws from sterile distance (mostly so they can blame all whites except themselves for racism), is making everything worse.

But yes, the drug offenders need to be reunited with their families,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, some people believe the CIA was involved in

May 31, 2020, 11:22 AM

cocaine trafficking in the 80s to fund the Contras, and believe that said trafficking played an important role in the creation of the crack cocaine epidemic in the black community. Personally I'm not convinced but I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out to be true.

Marijuana laws in the US have had a racially disproportionate effect from the beginning, though, as intended.

Here are a few choice quotes from Harry Anslinger, the first commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics under presidents Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy:

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men.?"

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.??"

"The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.?"

https://timeline.com/harry-anslinger-racist-war-on-drugs-prison-industrial-complex-fb5cbc281189

and here are some statistics:

"In the first full year after the Marihuana Tax Act was passed, black people were about three times more likely to be arrested for violating narcotic drug laws than whites. And Mexicans were nearly nine times more likely to be arrested for the same charge."

https://www.businessinsider.com/racist-origins-marijuana-prohibition-legalization-2018-2?op=1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the Alt-Right hero...

May 31, 2020, 12:14 PM

http://november.org/stayinfo/breaking08/Cheney_Gonzales_Indicted.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 370
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic