Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another year, another blowout win for Clemson...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Another year, another blowout win for Clemson...

Aug 30, 2019, 11:39 AM

Do any of you remember, way way way back, when Clemson/Tech was actually a rivalry?

I'm now 50'ish, and I think this string of Clemson wins is the most lopsided string in the series. Even in the 80's, Tech held our own. But since about 2012, it's been all-Clemson.

As for last night, that game went about like I thought, except that our defense did better early on than I anticipated. I had predicted 56-21, so 52-14 isn't far off. Etienne and your OL is really good. Lawrence wasn't at his best last night, but he didn't need to be.

Collins has a gigantic rebuilding job ahead of him. Our OL was getting destroyed every time we tried to pass. So, we need to recruit some big uglies, and establish a more balanced attack, or it will continue to be ugly. I think this year, we'll be lucky if we win more than 5 games.

Anyway, congrats. Clemson is the best overall football program in college football. I hope the rest of the conference can pick our game up a little, and at least make you guys break a sweat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it wasn't even close and you've had a really bad run as

Aug 30, 2019, 11:43 AM

of late. But look on the bright side. Y'all did what you had to do and got rid of a dinosaur. It's gonna take time to get the Jimmy and Joes you need for a good time. But at least you have a chance to do it now.

Took us a LONG time to get back to the top.

Re: Yes, it wasn't even close and you've had a really bad run as

Aug 30, 2019, 11:50 AM

I agree. I think Collins brings a fresh approach and a focus on recruiting that will pay dividends. It will take a few years, though.

You guys have tortured us so thoroughly that you had to know

Aug 30, 2019, 12:13 PM

payback was eventually coming.

2000, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2014.... I mean.... that was all torture. Those were all especially painful losses. You can't expect to do that to someone and not expect an angry reaction.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont feel bad we blowout everyone

Aug 30, 2019, 11:45 AM

I dont like collins. Lifting weights before the game is just plain dumb. When he has you at 6-6 in s couple years he will still be talking about how hard you tried

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dont feel bad we blowout everyone

Aug 30, 2019, 12:40 PM

^^^^^^^^
This

Yes he has a HUGE re-tooling job to do. I won't say rebuilding because there are talented players there. They are just in the wrong system for their talent.

Tech should have recruited Kelly Bryant hard. The transfer portal should be Tech's new best friend.

That said, the scheme GT ran yesterday was horrible. He that's his idea of innovation, he'll be gone in 4 years.

We were worried about you gosmitty.

Aug 30, 2019, 12:10 PM

Nice to see your appearance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Smitty, I’m 50ish. I remember it being pretty

Aug 30, 2019, 1:22 PM

Lopsided sitting on those wooden benches at Grant Field growing up. Dad would take us to a couple of away games a season and GT was always one of them.

So I’m enjoying Clemson’s upswing as long as it lasts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Smitty, I’m 50ish. I remember it being pretty

Aug 30, 2019, 6:01 PM

These last 4 years have put Swinney in a different category of coach, IMO. I must admit that in his early years, I didn't see it. But I was wrong, as were many. He absolutely knows what he's doing, and it's working.

Your hardest game might be next week with A&M. But I don't see them within 2 touchdowns of you, as I don't think they play enough defense.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic