Topic: Another way to look at the QB situation
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 17, 2018 2:43 PM by: Rw43
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 2  

Another way to look at the QB situation

[2]
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 1:48 PM

Those throws that missed their targets to our talented WR's, well those throws probably hurt our WR's that were drafted this year. Cain comes to mind when he had to slow down often, or the ball was overthrown / under-thrown so often. I'm sure Cain would have loved to have those balls be close enough to give him a chance at them, and arguably would have helped his draft status. When you look at it from the WR point of view, then you have to wonder what goes thru their mind on those badly thrown balls. Renfrow is still here, but I lost count of the misses to him. We give away a lot of points and stall a lot of drives by being so inconsistent in the passing game. I still think we win every game due to the overall talent difference, so it might not matter as far as wins & losses, but it might cost some draftees some $$$.

Re: Another way to look at the QB situation

[1]
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 1:54 PM

The NFL looks into a lot more than your stats, they won't discredit a WR due to a lacking QB. Look at LSU WR's for instance that still went early, or Josh Allen and Mitch Trubisky at QB for a point of emphasis they did nothing stellar in the regular season and still went very early. It's more about things that don't happen on the field than what happens on the field ironically enough.

Re: Another way to look at the QB situation

[1]
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 2:43 PM

I agree with you about QBs but with caveats for WRs.

The WR position is only partially about "what can you do with the ball in your hand". It is also about "what can you do to get the ball in your hand". But still, every WR needs clips where they are making plays and showing their intangibles.

Do you think highlight clips are only for fans?

Replies: 2  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
506 people have read this post