Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another joy of living in Columbia:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Another joy of living in Columbia:

Jan 18, 2016, 2:42 AM

Last night, I was walking out of a bar (enjoying the 3 day weekend, thanks MLK) wearing my Clemson fleece and hear "Roll Tide!" I turned around to see this pimply faced soon to be dead MFer and ask him what he said.

"Roll Tide!" he repeated. "What a great game! Just came up a little short. The best game of the year. "

"Let me guess," I said. "Gamecock?"

He nodded.

"I disagree. I don't think it was the best game of the year. For my money, I'd have to say Carolina Citadel. Those guys sure showed a lot of heart in a game that came down to the last play."

He backed away then softly said, "That's the best response I've heard to that "

As I walked out of the bar I heard him shout, "F$&@ You! F#%^ You!" over and over.

What a great time to be in Columbia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another joy of living in Columbia:

Jan 18, 2016, 2:47 AM

Great Story

Excellent response!!!

Jan 18, 2016, 6:39 AM

Coots will be Coots.

Jan 18, 2016, 6:47 AM

I lived in Cola from 1993-2008 , and it was never enjoyable . Sure , my kids got to go to EdVenture and the Zoo occasionally , but everyone I dealt with was a Coot . That fact alone made me anxious to leave , which I eventually did .
The lowcountry spreads it's Coots out a lot more ...which let's you breath .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 18, 2016, 6:48 AM

*1998-2008

Tacked on 5 years by mistake . Sheesh ...the humanity !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You're a better person than me..

Jan 18, 2016, 6:49 AM

It was okay until the little punk cussed you. I do not like being cussed at and probably would have turned around and got in his face to provoke him to take a swing at me. Then it is full on at that point.

I learned a long time ago provocations in bars are never

Jan 18, 2016, 8:17 AM

worth it. Even if you're right, you still come off looking like an asss.

Re: I learned a long time ago provocations in bars are never

Jan 19, 2016, 1:10 PM

There are times when a man should and better stand his ground no matter what adjective another will use to describe your actions. I've always felt that when a another man disrespects another man in a manor meant to appear that they were challenging their man hood. It would be best if the disrespecting party knew who they were talking to, and be prepared for what ever actions they may endure. I guess character is some what a lot like Turf2 except I'm not going to provoke them with words. But they won't make the mistake of cursing at me again no time soon after. I can't do it, I can't let another man curse or talk to me as if I'm his child or B!tch, the talk is OVER, period!!! It gets my motor running just thinking about another man trying to handle me like that, yea right....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my younger days I may have gone back and gotten in his

Jan 19, 2016, 1:18 PM

face. Now that I'm older, married and a father, it's just not worth it to me.

Re: I learned a long time ago provocations in bars are never

Jan 19, 2016, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I learned a long time ago provocations in bars are never ]

Different age we live in today. Idiots can disrespect you and there's not much that can be done without it being considered assault. Plays a part in the lack of respect by the younger generation

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask him about both team's probability of playing Bama in

Jan 18, 2016, 7:28 AM

the next postseason.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 7:56 AM

Love that answer! Going to remember that one! :)

Jan 18, 2016, 8:21 AM

Man, you handled that Carobama loser! My compliments. However, here's a list of the realities of residing in "Cootaloosa"

1) That smell. The over powering stitch of doo-doo ice is as unmistakable as if you've ever driven through Georgetown SC and smelled the stitch of the paper mill.
2) the there's those stupid women's basketball worshippers. It's sad but when most of your other sports have gone "spur-up" I guess you grab on to what you've got...
3) Now, in the last month or so (as you pointed out) the ubiquitous "Role Tide" which since last week is slightly less used since Bama spanked "dat basketball ### " hahaha! Be careful whose coat tails you ride, they just might beat you!
4) Did I mention "That Smell?".......

Luckily I'm in Irmo. All of the above applies except for

Jan 18, 2016, 8:24 AM

the smell.

Drive into Columbia from W Cola on 378 and it really hits you.

Re: Luckily I'm in Irmo. All of the above applies except for

Jan 18, 2016, 8:47 AM

Look, it's the Carobama Alumni Center!! Lol! The chicken slaughter house, now that's appropriate. Good one Robert!

Re: Luckily I'm in Irmo. All of the above applies except for

Jan 19, 2016, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Luckily I'm in Irmo. All of the above applies except for ]

Chicken killing on Sunset Blv!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Another joy of living in Columbia: ]

I just politely ask what championship in football they have won lately. I then reply the Tigers have twenty to one in ACC championships alone and the final comment goes like this. It must be nice knowing the Gamecocks have lost to Clemson more than any other team we have ever played and to think you having a losing record in Columbia despite playing every game there for over fifty years!

That stops them cold!

Go Tigers!

Jan 19, 2016, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Another joy of living in Columbia: ]

Best yet for the coots, Carobama in Cootaloosa!!!

Luckily for that coot I wasn't with you. I'm a

Jan 18, 2016, 8:30 AM

yellow belt in karate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

With your yellow belt and a sturdy door handle he'd have

Jan 18, 2016, 8:31 AM

gotten quite the show.

Re: With your yellow belt and a sturdy door handle he'd have

Jan 18, 2016, 9:49 AM

Francis Marion prefers to suspend himself off the bowflex, if you catch my drift.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just bought yourself a vertical fist punch.***

Jan 18, 2016, 10:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I Skeered***

Jan 18, 2016, 10:18 AM

At least you're smart.***

Jan 18, 2016, 10:22 AM

Re: At least you're smart.***

Jan 18, 2016, 10:24 AM

you left out good looking

Re: Luckily for that coot I wasn't with you. I'm a

Jan 19, 2016, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Luckily for that coot I wasn't with you. I'm a ]

LMAO, I have plenty of beerjoint/yard training in Redneck A$S kicking;)

Jan 18, 2016, 8:36 AM

MOST of the coots I know are relatives - hey, blood is thicker than stupidity - but funny almost NONE of them are talking football. Just mainly wimmen's bball.

And after their loss to bama plus our wins over Louisville, Dook and Miami, they don't want to talk mens bball, either. (I have begun starting any conversation with "can we get a bball rematch?..." which may have something to do with the latter...)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Leave Cootlumbia FAST! coming from a Newberrian....

Jan 18, 2016, 9:20 AM

That sheethole was never, ever, even an option.
(The last visit being an exception!!!)

3 was the charm, and the last win was magical.....as the tiger rag airhorn played and the chickens flew the coop so fast after the game! LMMFAO!!! ??

Re: Leave Cootlumbia FAST! coming from a Newberrian....

Jan 18, 2016, 9:21 AM

That chicken stench....STANKETH!!!!

"We're a great conference aren't we Spike?"***

Jan 18, 2016, 9:48 PM

Jan 18, 2016, 9:45 AM

Just give em a quarter and tell em to call you when they get to a National Championship game...it will take them a while trying to put the quarter in their Obama phone.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2016, 1:12 PM

this had the potential of being a BuzzPaw story.

I like your funny words magic man

Plenty of rivers in Columbia. Heavy rocks and a good rope

Jan 19, 2016, 1:14 PM

problem solved

Was the Bammer fan upset

Jan 19, 2016, 1:19 PM

that the coot took the bammer hog out of his mouth to talk to you?

Asking for a friend.

Is this the log you are referring to?

Jan 19, 2016, 1:23 PM

I like your funny words magic man

That's about the right size

Jan 19, 2016, 3:19 PM

hth

Jan 19, 2016, 1:29 PM

They're like children really. The nasty little booger eating kind that stink of burnt hair and $hitty pants. But children.
GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you dreamed this up in the shower.***

Jan 19, 2016, 3:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Were you wearing your Rex Kwan Doe pants?***

Jan 19, 2016, 3:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic