Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another gem from Mark Packer show yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Another gem from Mark Packer show yesterday

Nov 29, 2016, 1:42 PM

(I stream the show on demand at night and in the morning as I'm remodeling my place, so I'm a little late with these posts sometimes)

Caller: Am I the only one that thinks Clemson hasn't played anybody? Who have they beaten now that we've seen the season play out?

Packer: Let me ask you a question. Who is the only team in the top 10 to beat 10 bowl eligible teams?

Caller: Well I'm guessing Clemson, huh?

Packer: You got it. Those boys have taken care of business week in and week out against good competition. Nobody else in the top 10 has played teams consistently like Clemson.

Caller: Well, they've played those teams close.. they barely get by.

Packer: Like Oh St holding on for dear life against a bad Mich St team, or UM with Northwestern? Bama is a great team, but the SEC is down. Clemson is playing and beating the good teams each week. They all have rough games at times, the other teams want to win to. But Clemson keeps winning.

Love the Packman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Didn't realize that. Thanks for sharing.***

Nov 29, 2016, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Thanks for posting and +1 for a good nugget of info!***

Nov 29, 2016, 1:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid is, Stupid does!

Nov 29, 2016, 1:53 PM

Signed: Barney Fife or Goober or better yet Forrest Gump's Mother!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another gem from Mark Packer

Nov 29, 2016, 1:49 PM

I was listening when that guy called in y'day..... surprise, surprise, he admitted that he is a Washington fan....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

He had UL fans calling a month ago doing the same thing..

Nov 29, 2016, 2:23 PM

..and he did the same thing. It was awesome. He has lost patience with those types of arguments. The thing I like about Pack is that he does a pretty good job of remaining unbiased and he has fun with it.

It's difficult to be elite and go undefeated. You get everybody's best shot, every week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another gem from Mark Packer show yesterday

Nov 29, 2016, 2:44 PM

Wait a minute - by my count we have beaten 9 bowl eligible teams (assuming bowl eligibility = 6 wins). Here are the 9 teams we have beaten that are bowl eligible:
1. Auburn
2. Troy
3. GA Tech
4. Louisville
5. Boston College
6. NC State
7. Florida State
8. Wake Forest
9. USuC

The other 2 games we have won are:
SC State (5-6 FCS not bowl eligible)
Syracuse (4-8 not bowl eligible)

Our only loss:
Pittsburgh (8-4 bowl eligible but we did not beat them)

So in reality we have only beaten 9 bowl eligible teams (on par with Alabama) but can beat 10 bowl eligible teams if we take care of business against VT this Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic