Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another Reason to Relax re our Being in the Final Four.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,357

Another Reason to Relax re our Being in the Final Four.

Oct 21, 2019, 12:40 PM

As many posters have said, "just win out". But there is a kicker (a factor, not a player) that should trump all of the experts and the Committee. Did you read Tony Crumpton's post yesterday, "Clemson Leads National Title Odds"? These were the latest odds being quoted and the Tigers are at the top of the list, 2.75/1. Alabama follows at 3/1 and then LSU 4.5/1, Ohio State 4.5/1, Oklahoma 5.5/1, Georgia 10/1, Pa. State 20/1 and Oregon 25/1. And there were the also "in the race" at longer odds.

The Vegas odds makers are not in the business to lose money so they do not include personal bias nor do they resort to an eye test. They look at factors overlooked by most pundits. They are not always perfect but their record has to be above the record of those who vote in the polls or they would no longer be in business.

I don't know if the committee considers this aspect in their discussions but to me, I think it could serve as another factor in their discussions. It appears to be just as valid as some of the other factors that enter their discussions.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another Reason to Relax re our Being in the Final Four.

Oct 21, 2019, 12:46 PM

Good stuff Joe21! Whoever sat in the room when discussing the playoffs all sat down and agreed to terms!
All of a sudden b/c one conference feels they have multiple good teams - does not change those terms! What you said and that are why I am not overly concerned about an undefeated Clemson missing out!

**p.s. what kind of look would that be to the committee? Non-fans would get involved and scream for us on that if that was the case. It would look like collusion because Clemson is too good! Especially because they just beat one of the heavy favorites by 4 TD's and could easily have been 5.
Sports Writers who don't even follow college football would eat that story up and cause a stink college football would never be able to rid itself of. Corruption and politics being bigger than integrity and honesty in finding a true National Champion!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree Joe

Oct 21, 2019, 12:57 PM

But I'm guessing Clemson's easier schedule for the rest of the season factors into those odds heavily. Bama and LSU play each other and then Georgia or Florida. OSU has to play Wisconsin (possibly twice), PSU and Michigan. Oklahoma still has to play Baylor and Iowa State. Clemson has the easiest path of the P5 schools to go undefeated which has to weigh significantly on our odds to win the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The main reason we lead there is because of our schedule...

Oct 21, 2019, 1:20 PM

Bama and LSU have to play each other. Therefore, that lowers their odds as the loser will need some help.

We will likely be a 3 TD favorite in the rest of our reg season games and probably in the ACC Championship game. That's insane. And that's why Vegas has our chances the highest. It's not that they think we're the best team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That'll ding your tiger pulse***

Oct 21, 2019, 1:38 PM

I happen to think we're the best team, but vegas

Oct 21, 2019, 1:46 PM

is just playing the odds. Just facts.

Re: Another Reason to Relax re our Being in the Final Four.

Oct 21, 2019, 3:22 PM

Note in my OP, the "National Title Odds"

These odds are not based on getting into the final four, they are based on us being in the final four and running the table in the playoffs. So, in essence, they have us ranked at No. 1. Because of our supposedly "soft" schedule the odds of our making it to the final four are much, much higher. I don't recall the exact odds, but the odds of our making the final four are much greater than any of the other teams in contention.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,357
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic