Topic: Andy Grammer's National Anthem at Natty
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jun 16, 2019 7:57 AM by: civil engr
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 2  

Andy Grammer's National Anthem at Natty

[1]
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 10:46 PM

I know virtually nothing about Andy Grammer, except he sang the National Anthem at January's Natty in CA & has been a star since 2011.

Maybe he makes megamillions & is a superstar to the kids. I wouldn't know. At 35, he's young enough (almost) to be my grandson. I just don't follow young singers, movie stars, etc. I read where his music covers rock/soul, pop & country. No new music on radio interests me, so I never listen.

His version of the Star-spangled Banner was, IMO, pretty terrible. Uninspiring, lifeless, powerless - no soul. Definitely no Whitney Houston World Series classic. Maybe it was fear for his life. Don't they kill people in CA for singing the N. Anthem or flying American Flags? Then we had to listen to Imagine Dragons at halftime. That was embarrassingly bad.

So, singers, entertainers grade out about C- to D. Game of football....A+.

2019 orange level member

Re: Andy Grammer's National Anthem at Natty

[2]
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 10:54 PM

I really do not like it when our National Anthem gets hybridized. I really don't care who does it. Sing it the way it was meant to be sung, and if someone doesn't want to sing it that way, move on to someone else. JMO, but it's a huge turn off to me and to all those brave men and women who stood up and defended our great nation.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

I'm with you. Never heard of him prior to the game, and

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 7:57 AM

I'm not a fan of his singing voice. It sounded like a cross between Wayne Newton and Buck Owens. Somewhat "country" but overall just terrible.

Replies: 2  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
700 people have read this post