Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An impassioned plea on behalf of Tajh Boyd.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

An impassioned plea on behalf of Tajh Boyd.

Nov 5, 2013, 6:44 PM

It makes me very sad to continue to see reports of Tajh taking it hard when the fans are down on him and the team.

Tajh Boyd is one of, if not THE greatest QB ever at Clemson. The only one who comes close, IMO, is Steve Fuller and that is a whole different era.

Tajh has beaten FSU, Auburn (X2), VT (X3), LSU and UGA. He orchestrated one of, if not THE greatest drives in Clemson history against LSU. And most likely he will guide us to back-to-back-to-back 10-win seasons.

Please. PLEASE appreciate him and show your support for him over the last few games he wears a Clemson uniform.

I will drive down from Virginia for the Citadel game. NOT for the game. NOT for the purple out. And NOT for military appreciation (although I do appreciate those who have served). But I am making the trip to go to Tiger Walk and personally yell my thanks to Tajh. I will be in the stadium to personally give him a standing ovation when he stands at the top of the Hill for the last time.

Please be positive and appreciate all this young man has done for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should be HOF post if I ever read one.***

Nov 5, 2013, 6:48 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree !! *****

Nov 5, 2013, 6:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.

Nov 5, 2013, 7:09 PM [ in reply to This should be HOF post if I ever read one.*** ]

And thanks for understanding.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep!***

Nov 5, 2013, 7:12 PM [ in reply to This should be HOF post if I ever read one.*** ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An impassioned plea on behalf of Tajh Boyd.

Nov 5, 2013, 6:50 PM

a very fair request. I havent heard anyone complaining about him that much but I also know how fans can be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must not have read the board after the FSU game. Some

Nov 5, 2013, 10:19 PM

of the usual nuts and coots were at their worst.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD! Also

Nov 5, 2013, 6:51 PM

More than likely Sammys last home game maybe even Vic's. I remember that troy game talking everyones ear off about "that number 2 is very fast" little did I know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2013, 6:52 PM

That's very true. Most of the time, I don't even log into TigerNet on Saturdays because I know this will be all over the site within the first poor decision.

He came to Clemson when the program was in shambles when he could have just as easily gone to Ohio State or Oregon. His commitment in 2009 was so important to the program.

Tajh Boyd owes us nothing and we should be thankful he chose Clemson

A great point that I left out of my original post.

Nov 5, 2013, 7:08 PM

But people quickly forget that Tajh took a chance on us and on Dabo Swinney. We had nothing in recent history to offer. Without #10 believing in Clemson and in Dabo's vision, these past 3 years would not have happened the way they have.

PLEASE enjoy it and PLEASE appreciate it. Tajh is a great young man the likes of which we don't see very often.

I certainly will not miss these last 2 opportunities to

Nov 5, 2013, 6:55 PM

see Tajh and Sammy in Death Valley. Those two have brought lots of fun and excitement to Clemson. I'm really going to miss them.

Nice

Nov 5, 2013, 7:14 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A thrashing of the Chickens would be a nice addition !***

Nov 5, 2013, 7:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would it be too much Trouble, I mean I don't want him to go

Nov 5, 2013, 7:16 PM

out of his way or feel like it is his job. I want it to be Fun! Too much trouble to beat the Coots?
TIA TB!

Tell 'em marlborocountycoot***

Nov 5, 2013, 8:29 PM

Great Post

Nov 5, 2013, 7:22 PM

#10 has been a great ambassador for this university.

Dood

Nov 5, 2013, 8:39 AM

Thank you for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

HOF...+1...THANKS!...GO TIGERS!

Nov 5, 2013, 9:07 PM

nm

You will always be in the right if you treat others as you want to be treated!

People forget that players are human. Tajh is a great

Nov 5, 2013, 7:33 PM

ambassador for Clemson and I appreciate all his hard work.

Our players in general are a great group.

Now beat the coots:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't read every single post and certainly not every reply

Nov 5, 2013, 7:39 PM

But it seems to me that people are overwhelmingly in favor of Boyd here. Not that they (me included) aren't critical, but I doubt there are many who would say good riddance to him. Well, except those few who just like to get controversial and cause an angry mob to reply with passion. You'd think there was some reward or payment. Why else do it? But they do.

I would also say that Boyd will need to build some thicker skin in order to survive in the NFL. After all, some fans will cheer when a QB they are angry with gets hurt (Houston)!!

I would like to add one more fact about Tajh, as great as he

Nov 5, 2013, 8:16 PM

has been on the field he has a huge impact off the field. I know my kids will never forget meeting him and how polite and interested in them, as they were in awe of him. He is a true ambassador and I am proud to have him at that position also. It seems like someone is making news for a wrong decision or being at the wrong place at the wrong time and just being a dirtpecker kind of predetermines ones fate. It is great to be a TIGER and not have to sneak up on the newspaper and see one of our guys in serious trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post.***

Nov 5, 2013, 7:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is very good

Nov 5, 2013, 8:08 PM

we get tuff on these guys and forget they are young and not perfect. Now coaches are well paid so they are fair game.

Young and not perfect, how about older and not perfect.

Nov 5, 2013, 10:22 PM

Good description of a lot of posters.

AMEN!

Nov 5, 2013, 8:11 PM

You are right and right about #4 as well/

Well said.....support all the Seniors in their final game,

Nov 5, 2013, 8:18 PM

and you probably want to show that sort of appreciation for Sammy, too. Probably the last time he runs down the hill, also.

You just made my decisions easy ...

Nov 5, 2013, 8:31 PM

I have been up in the air on these last two home games. We have attended every home game this season despite kids sports (yes they missed games). But the Thursday home game was not in the plan due to school and the Citadel game was up in the air due to sheer exhaustion (3 kids school youth sports Halloween upcoming holidays). No more. Kids will miss school November 15. I will pick them up early on the 14th and head to town. And no more questions about the CU v citadel game. We are there. And we will represent at the Tiger Walk to see Tajh off. We will miss this fine young man. He has made the last few years a blast for our family. We have truly enjoyed and appreciated his game.

Finally!

Nov 5, 2013, 8:35 PM

A series of posts worth reading! Too many "fans" that post on TN don't seem to appreciate what we have in Tajh, Dabo and many others that play and coach for us. Can you believe Dabo had the foresight to recruit Tajh with a "Tajh for Heisman" poster and Tajh had the willingness to buy in 5 years ago? What a great ambassador for Clemson Tajh has been on and off the field.

Great post...I truly believe that most all Tiger fans are

Nov 5, 2013, 8:44 PM

grateful for the efforts of all our team members, especially Tajh and will always consider them Clemson brethren.

Heroes come in all favors, and all are subject to the occasional failures along with their great successes. Tajh will be remembered for his loyalty, dedication, dignity and humility, as well as for his willingness to return for his senior year.

He is a fine young man, and I am honored to call him a Clemson brother!

Re: Great post...I truly believe that most all Tiger fans are

Nov 5, 2013, 8:57 PM

i met Tajh ayear ago holding the CFA trophy. he was so cool and interested in my brother and I. He also met these little kids that were like tajh tajh tajh and he was cool with them too. A grade A class act

Nov 5, 2013, 8:55 PM

Right!!! And then some

Bravo--well said! Thanks to Tajh, Sammy, and

Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 PM

all the seniors (and Vic, if he leaves).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

that is so dead on.

Nov 5, 2013, 9:08 PM

so often we get caught up with thinking about the future and "what ifs"....
and we fail to appreciate the present and how great it is.

also who is involved with that very good present moment.

i am pretty sure a LOT of people will miss Tajh.

he has represented us well and i feel sure will continue.

He needs to beat SCU.***

Nov 5, 2013, 9:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

one of the best posts ever put on Tnet, period***

Nov 5, 2013, 9:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post! And FYI: Tajh is trailing behind....

Nov 5, 2013, 9:21 PM

Connor Shaw in the Fan Vote for the Davey O'Brien Award for the nation's top quarterback)!!

Shaw was #8 and Tajh was #12 (out of 16 nominees) last I checked a little while ago...

Jameis is in 1st place but not by much (Blake Bortles - UCF a close second).

We Fans can do MUCH better for Tajh - so VOTE DAILY! Link below...

Fan voting ends Nov 24.

http://www.voteobrien.org/

Nov 5, 2013, 10:32 PM

> It makes me very sad to continue to see reports of
> Tajh taking it hard when the fans are down on him and
> the team.
>
> Tajh Boyd is one of, if not THE greatest QB ever at
> Clemson. The only one who comes close, IMO, is Steve
> Fuller and that is a whole different era.
>
> Tajh has beaten FSU, Auburn (X2), VT (X3), LSU and
> UGA. He orchestrated one of, if not THE greatest
> drives in Clemson history against LSU. And most
> likely he will guide us to back-to-back-to-back
> 10-win seasons.
>
> Please. PLEASE appreciate him and show your support
> for him over the last few games he wears a Clemson
> uniform.
>
> I will drive down from Virginia for the Citadel game.
> NOT for the game. NOT for the purple out. And NOT for
> military appreciation (although I do appreciate those
> who have served). But I am making the trip to go to
> Tiger Walk and personally yell my thanks to Tajh. I
> will be in the stadium to personally give him a
> standing ovation when he stands at the top of the
> Hill for the last time.
>
> Please be positive and appreciate all this young man
> has done for us.

#### straight! He has given Clemson an identity, a sense of pride, and every single ounce of energy he has. He is the epitome of a college football player. Have I been upset with Tajh? Sure have, but there is a reason he broke the all time ACC record for td's and I broke the all time ACC record of never playing any sport after high school. This guy is a stud and we as fans have to help him when he struggles because when he is on his game; he fills us with joy. #10 is a family number to us and we all wore it and every generation does, I'm #### proud that Tajh wears that number. It could possibly be retired one day! We are blessed to have a QB that might get his number retired at Clemson and y'all won't even slow down and enjoy it!

No doubt

Nov 6, 2013, 1:04 AM

TB has given so much to our football program. I will miss him next year!

well said--he deserves no less!***

Nov 6, 2013, 3:55 AM

Couldn't agree more

Nov 6, 2013, 8:00 AM

I'm making a point of taking my oldest 2 sons to the Cietadel game (my youngest son isn't old enough to weather an entire football game), which I normally wouldn't take the time to attend, because I know it's Tajh's last home game and I want them to be able to say they saw Tajh's last game in Death Valley. Tajh is one of those program-changers that will forever be the face of Clemson.

Yeah, what he said!!!!!!!!.***

Nov 6, 2013, 8:23 PM

On behalf of Tajh?

Nov 6, 2013, 10:04 PM

Seems strange that a top 10 d1 qb would express himself so needy. Appreciate your sentiment, but we're talking about a man's man here. I think he can handle our schizophrenia. He does seem to have some difficulty with blitzes though, so as long as we don't rag on him all at the same time, he'll be ok. Has been one of CU's best, beats chickens, then my all time favorite and I will appreciate him to the max

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. And I will expect this level of devotion even if we

Nov 6, 2013, 10:12 PM

lose to those annoying coots this year.

"All In" right?

B-)

Seriously, Tajh has been a hardworking and loyal Tiger. He deserves nothing but our support.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic