Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Always liked Herbie but for some inner reason I’m
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,098

Always liked Herbie but for some inner reason I’m

Sep 27, 2020, 11:49 AM

getting sick of listening to his ESPN dribble.

Strange, since he’s a super guy and even allowed his twin Sons to play at Clemson.

What is it? Maybe overexposure!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always liked Herbie but for some inner reason I’m

Sep 27, 2020, 11:50 AM

Maybe it's just 2020 and all that that is.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 27, 2020, 11:57 AM

I know I am still wired! Small things raise my blood pressure!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 12:14 PM

He's fine doing a game. That is the only time I listen to him or other sports media stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 12:21 PM

He sounds scared of this virus. He simply has changed since last year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 27, 2020, 12:27 PM

Agreed 74Tiger, Herbs is good in the both, one of the best. But Bill you are correct, over exposure. I only watch espn during a game I'm interested in. You watch a single espn 'talk show' a season, and you've seen them all.

Sep 27, 2020, 12:33 PM

Clemson* allowed his two sons to play. His kids would have been last picks in our backyard football league.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 12:52 PM

They both "walked on" so the exposure didn't hurt or cost much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 1:00 PM

No doubt! But, if they don’t have the last name, they don’t make the team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Always liked Herbie but for some inner reason I’m ]

Herb turned HIS SONS over to Dabo. That’s all I need to know. Hate him if you like but he knows quality when he sees it !

I think he’s good

Sep 27, 2020, 1:32 PM

But I don’t know where this idea came from that he’s by far and away the best announcer on ESPN that people have seemingly adopted recently. Wanting him to do Monday night as well as college.

And another thing

Sep 27, 2020, 1:34 PM

I genuinely lost respect for him when he moved UGA up to 3 after losing to Alabama in the SEC title two years ago.

It was clearly just done to generate discussion and anticipation where there wasn’t any. It wasn’t his real opinion, It was Fed to him by ESPN to create controversy. That’s fine and dandy for the Stephen A Smith types but Herbstreit is meant to be a leading CFB voice.

^ Exactly T_I_P

Sep 27, 2020, 1:50 PM

You hit the nail on the head about that strange issue.. him & Paul Findbomb pushing a just defeated Georgia Team to be higher ranked than they originally were b/4 the loss since they passed the smell test.

Bias!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then why watch it

Sep 27, 2020, 2:01 PM

If it sickens you and you still watch that seems strange

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LbB, I have absolutely no idea why Herbie is annoying you.***

Sep 27, 2020, 2:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 2:53 PM

Well, I've just learned something. Dabo reached out and recruited the Herbstreit twins as preferred walkons after they came to camp at Clemson. They are actually good players and had offers from smaller schools. They went to camp at Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson. Here's a good article on how it played out:

"Swinney is thrilled to have Kirk’s sons on board and said during his signing day press conference Wednesday that Clemson recruited Tye and Jake the same way that it does all of its preferred walk-ons. He added that the first thing the Tigers did was make sure the two were good enough to join Clemson’s team as preferred walk-ons.

“When we bring in preferred guys there’s a whole process that goes into that. They needed to come to camp. They did that... (Kirk) let me know early that they wanted to go to a big school and probably walk on. They had some smaller offers, but they really wanted to go to a bigger school and get that experience,” Swinney said. “ We got them in camp and had an opportunity to spend time with them.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article225612230.html

I also agree with your view on Herbstreit. He calls great games...but he's way overexposed on ESPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're blessed w/ an innate dislike for drama-queens****

Sep 27, 2020, 2:55 PM

Re: You're blessed w/ an innate dislike for drama-queens****

Sep 27, 2020, 4:12 PM

Indeed! I always liked him, but that break down and all the boo-hooping over a bunch of college kids that are treated like kings in high school and college regardless of their race and regardless of geography. Heck, Hollywood and liberals want you to think the south is still the heart of racism in America, which it is not, and proof of that is the fact that kids in elementary school and middle school are given a tremendous amount of privilege if they show any type of athletic skill.

The nonsense that he was spewing and the way he just broke down and started crying was embarrassing! I felt sorry for him to be honest. I also lost a ton of respect for him that day.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,098
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic