Topic: All you T-netters wish me luck bc,
Replies: 40   Last Post: Mar 23, 2018 7:00 PM by: striperfan
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 40  

All you T-netters wish me luck bc,

[36]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:23 AM

I just graduated from twice daily Metformin tablets everyday for my diabetes, to insulin injections once every morning. I guess my DOB (date of birth) has called for some extra help for my pancreas. My numbers have been averaging between 350-450 the last several months, so it's time for the heavy hitter as in Insulin injections. I don't think that I'm to where I'm about to start losing parts of my body from diabetes just yet, but, I would appreciate a mention in your prayers every now and then ;) Thanks for reading, and Go Tigers, beat the Jaybirds!!!

Please no more TU's, just mentioned me in your prayers will work best for me. TYIA!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: All you T-netters wish me luck bc,

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:27 AM

I just prayed for you. God bless! :)

good luck

[4]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:32 AM

2018 white level member

I'm actually equal parts cynicism and apathy. I'm always willing to believe the worst as long as it doesn't take too much effort.

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:38 AM

Good luck brother!

[3]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:39 AM

Prayers too you, best of luck

[3]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:56 AM

Watch what you eat and that will help alot.

2018 purple level member

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:49 PM

I've long ago stop eating the good/best foods. My coffee is even down to 1 spoon of sugar per a 16 OZ cup, limited to two cups a day max. I use to drink a full pot by my self every morning the minute my eyes opened!!!:(

[4]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:58 AM

You do realize the prayers you need are exercise and dieting right? This is the natural progression of the disease and if you don't do something now you will be the one loosing body parts... and finally your life. Make sure your next post isn't "hey guys the home infusion service is sending my vancomycin in the mail so I can get rid of this stubborn toe infection, idk why the docs don't just cut it off".

-Pharmacist & Clemson grad

[4]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:13 PM

Sorry. That was mean, inappropriate, and frankly stupid to post. Apologizes and prayers.

Donate & you can remove the post. It’s worth it. You can

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:52 PM

afford it.

The Clemson Family isn’t perfect - just like a normal family - that should be on some sorta reality TV show.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:51 PM

It has run in my family through generations, I have had cousins lose feet, part of a leg to both legs to the hip, and total blindness. I know the seriousness of diabetes. I do the best that I can, but sometimes that just isn't good enough. I had been on Metformin for about 10 years, started at once a day, then had to take it twice a day, just moved up to insulin this morning. With 5 back surgeries, exercise is limited, but I do walk on the tread mill 2 miles every other day, and I just got myself a new Total Gym, but I ordered that a few weeks ago to tone back up bc there isn't any muscle exercises that can't easily be done on that machine. I got the Total Gym bc of it's versatility using your own weight against the height you set it for what ever muscle that a person needs to work on, and I can strengthen my back with it, without it damaging my back. And I know this bc I was using my brother-in-laws for a few months before he wanted it back after he retired. I really did enjoy it, so I bought one of my own. Thanks for your concern but, I believe that I do enough to help myself out with this disease. And I'll trust in my doctor to do what he can. But everything in my life is all in God's hands and I trust that when he is ready for me, there is nothing can be done to stop him bc he is the Almighty, and through Jesus Christ he will do what's best for us all, and he loves it when others will pray for others in the name of Jesus. I always Look forward to praying for T-Netters when they feel stranger prayers are needed for them selves or their families. God wants us to pray for each other, and I'm always ready to oblige him in Jesus's name AMEN!!!

Amen and Amen!!!***

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 4:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Prayers your way!***

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:03 PM

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Prayers for you. As someone who's been diabetic for the

[3]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:12 PM

last 20 something years, eventually you would have to go on insulin. I take insulin, Metformin, and Invokana. I was on Jardiance, but my insurance company decided that they wouldn't cover it for this year. My A1C's have been in the low 6 range. You can get your blood sugars under control.

2018 white level member

My doc tried to get me on Jardiance awhile back. Literally

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 2:58 PM

the sickest I have ever been in my life from nausea. Same with Januvia. So far, just sticking with the Glucotrol and Glucophage, and keeping the fingers crossed I can delay move to insulin injections for a few more years.

Consider it done!!***

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:16 PM

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:21 PM

I will be lifting you up in prayer brother. Take care of yourself.

military_donation.jpg

On a side note, if you're not currently seeing an

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:28 PM

Endocrinologist; I would strongly advise you to start. They will help you to get your sugars under control and manage your diabetes.

2018 white level member

Good luck, dude!***

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:30 PM

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good luck.

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 12:36 PM

Please follow doctor's orders. What is your HA1c?

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Done!

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:10 PM

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:11 PM

God Bless!

2018 orange level member

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:15 PM

Prayers... I was able to keep my blood sugar lower using true cinnamon.

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 2:20 PM

I don't have a gal bladder, and I was burping that stuff for 2-3 hours after taking it!!!

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:15 PM

Prayers lifted. Hang in there !!!!!

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:20 PM

praying for you buddy!!!

2018 purple level member

I will include you in our daily prayers!

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:30 PM

God bless you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

As a fellow diabetic will lift prayers up for you. Watch

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:54 PM

what and the AMOUNT you eat.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Just stopped & prayed for you for courage & persistence ....

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 1:55 PM

and I gave you a TD so you wouldn’t be offended by a TU.

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 2:37 PM

wishing you all the best. I got diagnosed with LADA type 1 diabetes last year and have been insulin dependent since. It definitely sucks, but, hopefully you'll be able to get better numbers with the insulin. definitely find out what works best for you!

Aim small and miss small.

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 2:45 PM

I don't have a big prayer list but you're on it for now.

good luck and get out there on that harley!***

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 4:46 PM

Re: good luck and get out there on that harley!***

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 4:47 PM

And you to, but ride safe bc we get no respect!!!

Re: good luck and get out there on that harley!***

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 4:54 PM

I will keep you in my prayers. My 5 year old cousin was diagnosed with diabetes last year and it has definitely made things harder. Stay strong!!!

Done ...***

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 6:15 PM

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 9:54 AM

I just want to say Thank You to everyone willing to mention me in your prayers bc, if you are like me, I have more people to mention in my prayers, that I'm sure someone gets left out at times, but our Father in Heaven understands and they stay on his list even when we forget someone bc he don't forget nothing. Knowing that is the number one reason we should ask for his forgiveness several times a day bc we can never be perfect and we do stumble and commit sins not realizing we have. God in great and he will forgive anyone that ask in his only son Jesus Christ name, and it is just that easy if you are a true believer in God, and that Jesus is truly our only Lord and savior of all man kind... Thank You for every prayer that you guys have sent up to the kingdom of God for me, and in Jesus name I Thank God for your concerns of the diabetes disease. Again, Thank You all and I ask God to bless all of you bc through prayer I believe anything is possible in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior, AMEN!!!

Prayers sent.***

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 10:13 AM

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Prayers sent

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 2:53 PM

Will continue to pray for you and hope the insulin will control your diabetes for a very long time.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 3:40 PM

Keep the faith and God Bless

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Prayers for you and hope your numbers start going the right

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 4:59 PM

way! God Bless!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Ask your doctor about Farxiga. Did wonders for me

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 7:00 PM

350-400 is waaaaaay high. What's your A1C? I take the time release insulin as well which is what it sounds like you're going on

Replies: 40  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2018 Season Ticket Package - (4) Lower Level North - 30 Yard Line Isle Seats. Section Q; Row O; Seat...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1556 people have read this post