Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All of our tough games are away this year...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,739

All of our tough games are away this year...

Apr 25, 2018, 9:40 AM

In order:
FSU (Still littered with 5 stars on both sides and Willy likes offense, they gonna score and they'll bet hungry for a big win.)
Texas AM (Big crowd, big stage, big game)
BC (Laugh if you want but they about beat us at home last year. they will be better this year)
WAKE (This team is about ready to get over the hump, they are solid and score a ton of points go back and look at their scores from last year.)
GT (not really scared of them much b/c Venables loves getting our guys up for their scheme. But we can't play a stinker.)

Luckily NCSU is home.
Think we'll kill Furman, Syracuse, Louisville, Duke and SCAR. So home schedule is a bit of a yawner. But out on the road we better be mentally tough. Becasue all those games are potential traps if we aren't.

Could easily lose 2 from the looks of this schedule, if we're not careful. We easily better than every team on the schedule but there are some razor thin margins at perennially loser venues. BC and Wake away games should not be glossed over as easy wins. those two teams can cause problems if we let em hang around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I would not call ANY of those games,"Tough".***

Apr 25, 2018, 9:44 AM

Grand scheme of things you're right. Im referring to the

Apr 25, 2018, 9:55 AM

context of the teams on our schedule. Ranking from Furman up to FSU. the teams that are better are all away games. I guess is a better way to say it.

Two years ago it was the same way, with the exception

Apr 25, 2018, 9:52 AM

of the Louisville game we played at home.

I wouldn't say BC about beat us last year, it was a close game and we put them away late. They lost Landry though, so their defense will take at least a small step back.

Texas A&M is tough just due to the venue, however, they aren't extremely talented right now and Jimbo will be implementing a different system. They also lost a great WR in Kirk, and their QB didn't fare the best against P5 competition.

FSU will certainly be tough at Doke, and Wake is a game where we could potentially lay an egg (but I don't see it this year), and GT wouldn't pose a problem with BV and our D-line.

The good news is defense travels, and our defense is going to be extremely salty next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good synopsis. Defense travels is a key.***

Apr 25, 2018, 9:57 AM

the Tigers will be as good

Apr 25, 2018, 11:05 AM

As the offensive and defensive lines play! That’s what wins game. QB’s, RB’s, WR’s LB’s are all fun and exciting to watch but hogs win games.

Re: the Tigers will be as good

Apr 25, 2018, 3:23 PM

Been saying that for years. Our weakness has been our OL for way too long. Time to turn the corner there. Do that, and the sky's the limit for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of folks are worried about Florida State....

Apr 25, 2018, 2:10 PM

I'll never forget the look on young Mr. Francois' face after our defense lit him up a couple of years ago.

It'll be worse this year...much worse.

The rest on that away list: My Texan relatives expect Clemson to march into College Station and wreak havoc. So do I. The other away opponents: mince meat.

And as for the Chickens: no doubt, it's gonna be #5...with feathers flying all over Willy Brice with our fine, feathered, foul fowl fiends heading for the exits midway through the 3rd. They know it. We know it. AND they know that we know it.

I agree with David: UN-freakin-DEFEATED and heading to another appearance in the playoffs.

AND, MY GOOD FRIENDS, unlike the deluded fans wearing the garnet and black, WE HAVE THE FIREPOWER to back up our expectations...and WE ARE LOCKED AND LOADED!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're more talented than all those teams combined.

Apr 25, 2018, 2:28 PM

now, we all know same could be said about 2016 Pitt and 2017 Cuse and that counts for little once the ball is kicked off if you're note mentally ready to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Please understand, just saying that what should have

Apr 25, 2018, 4:18 PM

happened last year, will take place this year. Still love my Tigers as I have for 60 years.
I would not trade Dabo or other coaches for anyone, but a star would have been born on Friday 13th last Fall; if HJ would have replaced KB. We would have been playing Georgia for NC and the story would be TL or HJ as starter this year.
I am very grateful for KB last year, but he will be outstanding at several other positions; last year, now, and in the NFL. I really think that he will have a career playing Safety or WR-best fit this year. He knows our offense/what the receivers are doing on each play. We all know his awesome athletic ability.

Re: All of our tough games are away this year...

Apr 25, 2018, 2:46 PM

BC did not " about beat us at home last year " .
They kept it close no doubt , but we made some dumb errors to allow it .
That last 5 minutes though ... that was fun .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,739
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic