Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All The Orange Juice You Can Drink, 10 Cents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

All The Orange Juice You Can Drink, 10 Cents

Mar 13, 2018, 2:13 PM

On a warm spring day in 1940, six of us young Gators at the University of Florida decided to go to Ocala, about 35 miles South of Gainesville. Bob D.had a Willys, not a big vehicle, so we six managed to fill up every inch of space. An automobile with Air Conditioning was unheard of so the windows were down as we traveled South on US 441.

At that time the orange growing belt began just below Gainesville, and there were several orange groves between Gainesville and Ocala. Near MacIntosh was a fruit stand near a grove offering "All the orange juice you can drink,---10 cents". Being a warm day, six hot and thirsty young men saw this as a challenge. The lady attendant went to a refrigerator, retrieved a pitcher and poured six full glasses of juice. In no time at all, the glasses were empty and the pitrcher was about empty. The lady said she would have to squeeze a few more oranges.

There was no evidence of anything other than her hands to squeeze the oranges so several of the guys washed their hands and began to squeeze the oranges. I don't know how many oranges they "squoze" but we finally quenched our thirst. We crowded back into the Willys and eventually got to Ocala.

Several weeks later, I was on my way to visit a sister who lived in Ocala. When I passed the fruit stand, the sign "All the jucie you can drink --- 10 cents" was still there but just below the sign there was now an addition which read (Within Reason)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All The Orange Juice You Can Drink, 10 Cents

Mar 13, 2018, 2:43 PM

How old are you dude, 100 ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2018, 4:07 PM

This young dude is somewhere between 96 and 97 but don't feel a day over 95.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2018, 4:14 PM

Sounds about the right age too have been involved in World war 2?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: All The Orange Juice You Can Drink, 10 Cents ]

Mar 13, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: All The Orange Juice You Can Drink, 10 Cents ]

He's old enough to know a time when you better be careful

Mar 13, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: All The Orange Juice You Can Drink, 10 Cents ]

calling a man a "dude."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic