Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All I've heard all season is "Clemson hasnt played anybody."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,687

All I've heard all season is "Clemson hasnt played anybody."

Nov 3, 2019, 5:54 PM

But in All Actuality, does anybody really wanna play Clemson ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I've heard all season is "Clemson hasnt played anybody."

Nov 3, 2019, 6:16 PM

No.

With the exception of TAMU, Bama’s schedule is a Hall of Fame Allstar list of nobodies. That changes next week, but 7 of Bama’s first 9 opponents had the same chance of beating Bama as Western Carolina does.

I heard announcers criticizing Clemson for scheduling

Nov 3, 2019, 6:25 PM

Wofford. They were joking about it and shaking their heads, "why would Clemson schedule Wofford this late in the year", and saying that this was a meaningless game that did nothing to enhance our resume, much less move us up in the polls.

Alabama plays Western Carolina Nov 23rd. Wofford beat WC 59-7. Think about that. Let's see if Bama draws any criticism.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They’re scared of Clemson and that’s why they hold our scheduling

Nov 3, 2019, 9:14 PM

to a different standard than Bama’s.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they were joking. Everyone in the country plays a cupcake in Week 11

Nov 3, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to I heard announcers criticizing Clemson for scheduling ]

This year is an exception because of the 2 Open Dates this season0. Literally the entire SEC plays the Southern Conference the week before Rivalry Week. Remember The Citadel was tied with Bama last year at Half lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I can promise you, they were not joking or being

Nov 4, 2019, 3:51 PM

sarcastic in the least.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

one of big bad bamas opponents

Nov 3, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to I heard announcers criticizing Clemson for scheduling ]

new mexico state hasnt won a game all season ..that gets overlooked of course

Nov 3, 2019, 9:41 PM

Overall, all the other creams in contention for the playoffs have a tougher schedule than we do. Alabama’s has been similar to ours but they have a couple of tough games coming up and we don’t. Still, we just have to win out and will be in 5he playoffs. The criticism of our schedule is legit however.

tbh though bamas "tough" games

Nov 3, 2019, 9:52 PM

auburn is average and lsu has yet to face a real defense all season long..and bama likely wont be one either.

Nov 4, 2019, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Re: All I've heard all season is "Clemson hasnt played anybody." ]

For ranking someone today, how do you give credit for tough games that have not been played yet? The argument is fine after the results are in, but everybody is assuming wins, and that might not be the case. Just ask Oklahoma.

Nov 3, 2019, 9:44 PM

Maybe...who knows? That said, we haven't played anyone. Who cares? We win them all we are in. Then we will find out who we are. It's that simple.

Nov 3, 2019, 10:39 PM

I tend to agree with you. and the fact that our conference is so down this season is the greatest concern i have. while it's great the way our second and third strings are getting lots of exposure, what will our first do if they have to play a whole game?

Nov 3, 2019, 10:52 PM

A couple of the low pulse comments seem to come straight from a SEC message board. Yet, there are more SEC teams with losing records than there are ACC schools.

Those same tough teams you give Bama credit for playing and LSU since they are in the same division and league were blown out by an average of 29.1 ppg last season by Bama. Yet, they themselves were blown out by a team that supposedly played a weaker schedule. So which is it? Weak schedules will mean you can't hang? Or the strong schedule team has some supposed advantage will will enable it to destroy lowly weak conference competition? Basically the same thing right?
Makes about as much sense as the schedule argument!

Same teams we played in 2017 when we had an ACC loss and still got a #1 seed. Probably shouldn't have and had Wisconsin won the Big 10 championship as an undefeated team - no bama! Probably another championship game appearance against Georgia. Probably another Championship!

I hope Wake is still ranked when we play for those that are all into that. But, look how low they have this 7-1 Wake team! Should be well higher than that; but for politics! A&M still has an opportunity to finish ranked - though they were ranked when we played them. UVA will likely be ranked somewhere between 20-25 if we meet in the ACC CG.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,687
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic