Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Alabama,

Jan 17, 2017, 8:07 PM

was overrated, the rest of the SEC made them look so good because they sucked!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, They were the second best team in the nation***

Jan 17, 2017, 8:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope, They were the second best team in the nation***

Jan 18, 2017, 8:46 AM

Overrated. They were ranked 1. should have been 2.

Re: Alabama,

Jan 17, 2017, 8:16 PM

Bama surely wasn't over rated IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, technically they were***

Jan 17, 2017, 8:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, technically they were***

Jan 18, 2017, 9:00 AM

Right! They were overrated. They should've been 2 instead of 1. But, we fixed that.

Jan 17, 2017, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama, ]

Well I know for sure that the offense and DBs were overrated but their front 7 was legit.

Jan 17, 2017, 8:41 PM

Come on man. We won on a last second td. They were a good team for sure, don't be that guy.

I do believe that to be the case with the turnovers

Jan 17, 2017, 8:49 PM

But they are still a great team... just not "the best D" stuff they tried to sell us.

null

in all fairness, they failed to do something Pitt did

Jan 17, 2017, 10:34 PM

But I'll never say Bama wasn't legit. First, I really think they are really good. Second, even if I didn't believe the first, saying they were overrated cheapens our win.

Re: I do believe that to be the case with the turnovers

Jan 17, 2017, 11:40 PM [ in reply to I do believe that to be the case with the turnovers ]

If they would have had the depth on D that we had, we surely wouldn't have score 21 point on them in the 4th Qt. We had to wear Bama's D down before we could beat them, and that is the facts!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do believe that to be the case with the turnovers***

Jan 18, 2017, 8:32 AM

They had depth (4/5*S), just did not develope it with experience throughout the season like we did.

We got knocked in the polls during the season for playing and developing our young guys, which was never mentioned by the media and such, then the excuse is made that they were not deep when they lose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 10:36 PM

no, they weren't. clemson was the ONLY team in the country that could beat them. everyone else would have been smacked in the mouth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 17, 2017, 11:53 PM

I agree and even the esecpn punditry was hinting at that back in October. There are several reasons for Clemson being in this position:
1. Ohio State never takes us seriously. Yes Urban rode them like rented mules leading up to the playoffs, but their BIG arrogance is in their hearts and whispers into their minds that Clemson doesn't belong. I was there on the field when Woody punched Charlie Bauman. It was there then as well as the 2014 Orange Bowl. You can put Oklahoma and Penn State in this same bucket.
2. Nick Saban rode the tide like urban rode the buckeyes. Again In their arrogant SEC hearts, they didn't believe Clemson belonged on the same field.
3. The only team in the playoffs with the capability to match up with the physicality of Alabama. Why? Because this is who we are going back to Howard, Ford and now Swinney who all came from where -Alabama. For decades the words smash mouth and clemson were in the same sentence -except in the hatfield days.

When talking about Clemson staying power, it isn't so much about what Clemson does as much as it is about the perception by the rest of the football elite which includes the media. Once they realize we are a real force to be taken seriously it will be tougher to stay on top.

Jan 18, 2017, 12:04 AM

No, they were all they were hyped to be. The pollsters and prognosticators simply had them one spot higher than they should have been.

Without the points scored by their defense they'd be 6-8.

Jan 18, 2017, 12:31 AM

When they faced a team that didn't allow their defense to score they lost their first game of the season. That's not to say anything but that they were probably the second best team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?? You just insulted our Tiger team. Bama was the

Jan 18, 2017, 1:25 AM

number 1 football team in the nation!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you high? Even a post like that is silly.

Jan 18, 2017, 1:42 AM

Alabama was the 2nd best team in the nation. This was proven in the National Championship. They are a great team and we're solid all around... they only had one problem.

We were better. We are Clemson. No one can say we took them too the woodshed but we were clutch when it mattered. The ensuing result is.....

National champions!!!!!!!! Love these tigers!!!! Christian take your shirt off again and do a split!!!!

Jan 18, 2017, 8:37 AM

no they were not overrated...they just didn't have ACC STAMINA!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2017, 8:47 AM

There are places we are better and places they are better but it all works out that over the past two years, Bama and Clemson are pretty equal programs and a step above everyone else. Now they have been there longer than us being a top 4 team basically every year since 2008 (except 2010) now we have to show we can stay there after an offensive overhaul.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic