Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aggieland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Aggieland

Sep 13, 2018, 8:16 PM

I grew up in Garland, Texas and from birth was taught to hate the Aggies. I was really looking forward to going to College Station, whipping the Aggies and basking in the glory.
From the minute we arrived, we encountered gracious and hospitable Aggie fans. Ugh. They walked up to us in our Clemson gear and welcomed us. We had several great conversations about college football and both of our teams. Several of them mentioned looking forward to coming to Clemson next year and experiencing our environment.
It was very painful to me to have to admit that they have many great traditions, an amazing stadium/facilities and a pretty impressive band (this from someone who isn't very interested in bands).
There were a few bad apples, but not many.
My reason for writing this is to encourage all Tiger fans to show the same sportsmanship and hospitality to the Aggie fans next year.
There is a difference between not being a jerk and reaching out to be welcoming and hospitable.
Keep It Classy Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of my family were early settlers of Garland

Sep 13, 2018, 8:48 PM

immediately after the Civil War, having migrated from Virginia, and descendants still reside there.

In fact there is a park in the city bearing the family name on land donated by them. A number are buried in the Old Pioneer Cemetery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of my family were early settlers of Garland

Sep 13, 2018, 9:48 PM

very cool. I love family history, sadly I'm not sure how many people are still interested. They know more about "reality' tv families than they do their own.

Re: Aggieland

Sep 13, 2018, 9:56 PM

My son and I had the same experience. Awesome place and fans!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reverend!***

Sep 13, 2018, 10:05 PM

Sep 13, 2018, 10:34 PM

Garland! Small world. I live in Wylie, Texas now. I was down at Aggieland and agree with you 100%

Sep 13, 2018, 10:40 PM

I live in Plano and was also at the game. Was amazing to see how friendly the fans were even after they’re close loss. Class fan base for sure and pretty awesome stadium/environment. I hadn’t been to a game there since ‘04 and was amazed at the stadium transformation. I know they spent $500M but that stadium had a ton of nice amenities that could benefit DV.

Sep 13, 2018, 11:01 PM

Stadium experience is good but College Station is the pits. Flat, dusty, and drab with very little to do.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 11:08 PM

Aggies are top-shelf people. Loved my trip down there.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic