Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aggie TE Baylor Cupp our for season with broken leg***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Aggie TE Baylor Cupp our for season with broken leg***

Aug 13, 2019, 8:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aggie TE Baylor Cupp our for season with broken leg***

Aug 13, 2019, 9:01 PM

Cue SEC-ond conference losers excuses in 3, 2, 1. . . .

***Jimbo uses the TE heavily in his offense.
***This kid was a 5 star replacing our leading receiver from last year.
***our next guy up is a RS 3 star freshman.
***we play in the most hyped up conference and we are beat up from the preparation ( H ) getting ready for the gauntlet SEC-ond conference schedule - even though we are all Bama's b. b. b blinch!

I hate it for the young man in all seriousness. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/08/13/texas-am-freshman-te-baylor-cupp-after-suffering-broken-leg-scrimmage

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 11:01 PM

That is terrible for this young man. I hope he heals quickly and is back on the field soon

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 14, 2019, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Aggie TE Baylor Cupp our for season with broken leg*** ]

Losing Cupp is devastating. No doubt. However, Cupp had yet to prove himself on the field. He was highly touted and got lots of press here in College Station. Fans were excited to see how he would replace Sternberger. Cupp’s backup (Glenn Beal) is also a highly recruited kid out of New Orleans. He had offers from Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Bama, Florida, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas and many others. We also have a true freshman Jalen Wydermyer 6’5” 260 that has impressed Jimbo as a blocker and has also lined up in the slot. I’m hearing he is getting reps with the #1’s this week. I trust Jimbo to have an ace in the hole. He uses a lot of two TE formations, so we have some kids to plug in. Looking forward to Sept 7th. GIG EM.

Aug 13, 2019, 9:03 PM

That's terrible news. I am sure he's very disappointed .
Hope he fully recovers .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Aggie TE Baylor Cupp our for season with broken leg

Aug 13, 2019, 9:08 PM

I always hate to see guys get hurt. Players work so hard to prepare. Never like to see injuries intervene

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aggie TE Baylor Cupp our for season with broken leg

Aug 13, 2019, 9:47 PM

Yea but was he the starter...

Aug 13, 2019, 9:12 PM

I hate it for him, prayers for a full recovery

Aug 13, 2019, 9:13 PM

Prayers for him. There are times that a broken leg can be catastrophic. I am lucky. Broke mine years ago and amputation was one of the scenarios discussed before several surgeries. I wish nothing but the best for him, and hope he can recover to be a great player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sux...best of luck for fast recovery***

Aug 13, 2019, 9:50 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope we don't get any news like that this season.

Aug 13, 2019, 10:15 PM

Injuries will destroy a team's chances. And all-in-all, we've been very lucky in that department compared to most teams lately.

Re: I sure hope we don't get any news like that this season.

Aug 13, 2019, 10:39 PM

BengalBilly All in All - you are correct! I know it hurt our chances to have back to back championships. I still say and will say until the casket lowers - had Mike Williams not been hurt and had played against that years Bama team, we would have won that year I have no doubt! Watson would have had another year and would have just showed out even more with the confidence gained!

But, injuries are a part of the game! Oh and Mackenzie Alexander going down as well hurt us that year! This is why you have a 4 star or 5 star as a back up! Quality depth!

Hope this young man has a speedy recovery. 5 star TE who was expected to come in and contribute right away from my understanding.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Those were too BIG injuries.***

Aug 17, 2019, 10:25 PM

Aug 13, 2019, 11:05 PM

Dang - that's an awful loss for TAMU. I think they lost Sternberger to the NFL, so that's gotta hurt. Sternberger was a beast last year, and was a huge part of their offense. Losing this guy changes their entire offense IMO. I hate to hear about athletes getting injured, even though it is expected in this sport.

Aug 13, 2019, 11:29 PM

This one is devastating. Not gonna lie. Hopefully the freshman is ready.

Gig Em.

Aug 17, 2019, 11:02 PM

Next man up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic