Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After watching many games last night KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

After watching many games last night KB

Jul 29, 2018, 11:40 AM

looked good when he was running the ball and passes less than 10 yards and he led the team in rushing attempts. I am sure he has been working on downfield passing because with all this WR talent we need to play to our strength.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and many calling for TL to start

Jul 29, 2018, 11:42 AM

Underestimate Bryant’s running ability. He made a lot of big plays with his feet last year and although TL is likely the better passer, we would definitely lose that running threat we have with Bryant.

Re: and many calling for TL to start

Jul 29, 2018, 11:55 AM

Don’t underestimate TL running but if you look at those games, he did make plays with his feet but perhaps had a bigger play downfield. That’s why most are wanting TL to start. Well, that and a lot of us feel he’ll be like DW4 running the offense. If that turns out to be true, who would you want at qb?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to and many calling for TL to start ]

Agreed. We need both KB and TL. And maybe Chase, too.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 11:56 AM

Yep, my bad. Meant to say CB as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After watching many games last night KB

Jul 29, 2018, 12:03 PM

I don't think kb was confident throwing the ball downfield because he was not comfortable with his receivers. Last year the receivers did not get good seperation from defenders and i blame that on lack of size. This year we have a bigger set of young receivers that have had time that get stronger and more skilled in the offseason. Also personnel will be correctly positioned.

With all that said I think we will see a more explosive attack with or without kb as our starter.

My prediction will be 250+ yd passing +50 yds rushing next year.

Jul 29, 2018, 12:05 PM

A lot of times they had separation and had to post up and wait for the ball like a basketball player

KB isn't a serious downfield passing threat

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a unique perspective

Jul 29, 2018, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching many games last night KB ]

One I've not heard. Tee Higgins will help tremendously this year - hopefully Powell & Thompson step up as well.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I think there's definitely some truth in that theory

Jul 29, 2018, 12:16 PM

I've said before that Cain and McCloud both had tiny catch radiuses (radii?). They could make plays but they also needed the ball put right in their bread basket. Even Watson had trouble connecting with Cain at times.

Bryant needed at least one guy out there, a Mike Williams type, that could help him out and give him an area to throw to, but he never got that. Maybe this year he will.

^^ All TRUE..

Jul 29, 2018, 12:44 PM

and KB will improve as will receivers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, what kept him from handing the ball to the RB's?

Jul 29, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I think there's definitely some truth in that theory ]

fear they couldn't break a run open?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jul 29, 2018, 1:21 PM

There is no doubt that KB would have done better if he had someone like a Legget or Williams to throw to. With them, the ball just needed to be in the area. That being said, there were a number of times that KB had wide open receivers and did not get the ball to them. The thing that frustrated me was the number of times he ran out bounds for a big loss instead of throwing the ball away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 1:48 PM

or how many times he went down one yard short of the marker

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of you guys are grasping at straws

Jul 29, 2018, 2:53 PM

Good thing this isnt California.

Jul 29, 2018, 3:24 PM

Hopefully, none of the QB’s will have to run the ball as much. We have too much talent in the backfield to not give them the majority of the designed runs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic