Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After 3 years in a row of playing Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

After 3 years in a row of playing Bama

Nov 16, 2018, 6:04 PM

Do you think last year was more , Nick figuring out our game plan. I mean basically the first 2 years we moved the ball at will. The 3rd year with a different QB but running the same plays we always do. They shut us down , I know KB ain’t DW.
I was hoping last season with a month to prepare we kinda run some new wrinkles . Do you think we would have to totally change gears this year or TL would be enough to run the O like DW did , to beat Bama ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After 3 years in a row of playing Bama

Nov 16, 2018, 6:06 PM

Our game plan with KB was easy to figure out. Major limitations in the passing game made it impossible to adjust.

He figured out our game plan when we had Dw4. He just couldn't stop it from being executed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB couldn’t throw the ball. Was too easy to gameplan against him.

Nov 16, 2018, 6:06 PM

TL can throw the ball so they can’t just load the box every play. We are a totally different team this year

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 6:07 PM

No our offense struggled all year last year and he dared KB to throw and for our receivers to win 1 on 1 battles and we couldn't. This year I believe we have more success running because of the threat over the top with Trevor behind center.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:27 PM

Our receivers made multiple mistakes in the passing game, the backs couldn't block, and the play calling was vanilla. Against Saban, it was too much to overcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 6:36 PM

Our defense gave up 17 points and the other 2nd half score was set up by the nose tackle's interception, return and personal foul that set Bammer up inside our 20, I think the Tide had a little over 300 yards of total offense, in other words the D played well enough for a win. Saban exploited Kelly's limitations and our OLine didn't come to play - will not happen again.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:37 PM

Correction. The Tiger D really only gave up 10 points to 'Bama last year. One td came after the interception return + penalty put the ball at around the 20. And the other was a pick six.

Nov 16, 2018, 7:47 PM

I think last year was more of a match up issue. That being said, I would rather play Bama (Saban) giving them only 1 week to prepare than 1 month to prepare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more like KB was no DW***

Nov 16, 2018, 7:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: more like KB was no DW***

Nov 16, 2018, 11:46 PM

As others have said our receivers and OL played terribly as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB2 lacked the skill sets on his best day to beat Bama

Nov 16, 2018, 9:00 PM

IMHO any Clemson fans with knowledge of team dynamics that did not bet Bama last year missed an opportunity for free cash, even if like me, you were all-in pulling for Tigers.

This year Bama is still the favorite as long as Tua is healthy and Nick Saban is above ground. Saban beat Tigers in 2015 with his on-side kick call and his regular season practice of that same play. This being the case, this year's epic Clemson Defense, with an unrattled TL16 and at least five superstar skill players, give Clemson a very real chance of defeating the Tide straight up.

Down here in Savannah town, I have a dozen or so debates with UGA fans about Clemson's chances to win it all vs. Bama. They give us no chance. But I like our chances to win - and I like our chances to win much more if we get Bama in natl championship instead of semifinals. The less time Saban has to prep for Tigers the better our chances. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB2 lacked the skill sets on his best day to beat Bama

Nov 17, 2018, 7:42 AM

I work not too far from Savannah with a bunch of SEC fanboys and none of them give us a chance to beat Bama. I just laugh at em and keep right on going.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic