Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Advances in the Technology Arena Has ......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,110

Advances in the Technology Arena Has ......

Apr 19, 2019, 7:43 PM

resulted in some amazing achievements in some areas but has failed in others. For example, we have sent a man to the moon and discovered it is not made of cheese. Nor was there evidence to indicate a cow had jumped over the moon. We have discovered numerous galaxies millions of light years away. Recently, scientists have observed evident of a black hole and provided evidence by means of a photo. I've often wondered how one can take a picture of an object if everything is black. Stars have been discovered so distant from earth that if the distance in light years was converted to distance in miles, the number would probably stretch around the world, maybe several times. Heck, the sun is roughly 93,000,000 miles from earth and light from the sun reaches the earth in about 8 1/2 minutes, not even a smidgen of a light year.

With all of this technology available, why can't someone figure out how to design crossing a railroad in the roadway so it does not feel like we are crossing a plowed field. If we can discover a far distant moving target from a moving object, the earth, shouldn't it be much easier to design a way to make a smooth ride over two fixed objects right here for us earth bound creatures? This is not a new problem, it's been around since the invention of the automobile.

And there are words on containers of various items that make one stop and think, or at least we should. Earlier today, there was a bag of potato chips on the kitchen counter. Emblazoned on the package was the word "ORIGINAL". Does that mean it's the first? If so, those are some old chips. The next time I am in a grocery store I plan to check if they have some "UNORIGINAL" chips.

Have you ever heard some say or read something of this nature, "This is a quality product"? Every product is a quality product, however some may be low and some may be high, Quality is one of those words that needs a qualifier.

Well, as everyone can see, it's been a quiet day here on Downs Loop.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do we park in a driveway and drive in a parkway

Apr 19, 2019, 7:56 PM

?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is my favorite Joe21 post yet***

Apr 19, 2019, 7:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Advances in the Technology Arena Has ......

Apr 19, 2019, 8:06 PM

I'll remember this every time I hear a commentator say "that was a quality at-bat." ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,110
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic