Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Acc network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Acc network

Jul 22, 2019, 5:52 PM

What good is ACC network if you cannot get it? Will have to go to a sports bar and may strike out there. Thanks John Swofford for your usual failure on doing the due diligence necessary to see that fans will be able to access the game. The GT game would more than likely have been on some network somewhere. Now that it is exclusive to the ACC network- a lot of people(including me) may not be able to see it.Way to go John! AND don't blame ESPN- you are the guy who is supposed to be looking out for the conference fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

day late .dollar short, wouldn't be problem if it was

Jul 22, 2019, 5:56 PM

launched when the SEC & BIG 10 Were

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acc network

Jul 22, 2019, 6:32 PM

It’s really not that difficult. Just subscribe to Hulu’s one month free trial a week or so before the GT game, then cancel it after the game. I have Spectrum and that’s what I’m doing.

Either way I believe we will still be able to watch it on the ESPN app.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most SEC"ond" netowrk games were blocked on

Jul 23, 2019, 12:56 AM

watch ESPiN last year if you're cable provider didn't have that channel on the line-up.

And, yes, I am ashamed to know that...

So you recommend punishing HULU?

Jul 23, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Acc network ]

It’s really not that difficult. Just subscribe to Hulu’s one month free trial a week or so before the GT game, then cancel it after the game. I have Spectrum and that’s what I’m doing.

Either way I believe we will still be able to watch it on the ESPN app.

So you recommend punishing HULU for picking up our Network and rewarding Spectrum for not. That is not a very good plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is referring to a short term solution for this

Jul 23, 2019, 1:32 PM

game- most carriage deals will get worked out prior to the first game but all may not be - if you are on one that does go beyond the first game into say early September there would be no point to make a drastic switch- if it looks like they aren't going to do one at all in the foreseeable future then time to look at a more permanent move

Re: I think he is referring to a short term solution for this

Jul 24, 2019, 10:25 AM

ctigers90 said:

game- most carriage deals will get worked out prior to the first game but all may not be - if you are on one that does go beyond the first game into say early September there would be no point to make a drastic switch- if it looks like they aren't going to do one at all in the foreseeable future then time to look at a more permanent move

It is still punishing Hulu and rewarding Spectrum . Drop spectrum pick up Hulu and make spectrum beg you back with new customer dels etc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 7:22 PM

ESPN screwed the ACC! They can control how small amount of viewers that get to watch the ACC. Briliant for SEC!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 8:37 PM

That sounds about right, ESECPN protecting their biggest money cow that it has seen losing money for some time now!!!

Jul 22, 2019, 7:25 PM

So will the games still be shown on ESPN Or ESPN3? Or is it only exclusive to ACCN?

Jul 24, 2019, 6:03 AM

So will the games still be shown on ESPN Or ESPN3? Or is it only exclusive to ACCN?

Yes, but I understood you need to sign into the ESPN app or website with a TV provider credentials that has added the ACC Network else ESPN will have to block your live access.

Jul 22, 2019, 8:39 PM

I am getting it, maybe time to contact your provider??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 8:56 PM

I called Spectrum. They said they are getting more and more calls requesting the network, but as of this time, there are definite plans. I told them that if they cannot get it when they have SEC, Big 10, and Pac 12, I will find another provider, and I have services bundled. They took my name and made a note. I'm going to call back in about a week to get an update. I'm hoping it happens before the GT game. It is going to take people calling in and requesting the network.

Still tickets available

Jul 22, 2019, 9:08 PM

For GT game just in case you can’t watch it on tv! Much better to watch the games in the Valley.

Re: Still tickets available

Jul 22, 2019, 11:28 PM

Gee... what ever happened to simple cable tv? Oh, the net and social media and new-channels-upon-new channels and profitable opportunities for completely confusing the whole market and us old guys. Oh well, next man up, I guess!

Re: Still tickets available

Jul 23, 2019, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Still tickets available ]

I am a season ticket holder, so I'll be at the game. However, I like to record and rewatch the game when I get home.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:34 PM

Can someone just stream the game to YouTube or whatever they do to put games on there?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DOES ANYONE KNOW.....

Jul 23, 2019, 6:36 AM

If Clemson is slated for any OTHER "exclusively on ACC Network" games besides the GaTech game?

I haven't heard of any others, but figure there are bound to be some. But what is the formula? If its an ACC vs ACC game, does the "Network" get first dibs or does a "major" like ABC or CBS get it? I think it would STINK if the ACC Net gets to call the shot. That would mean that 3 to 5 CU games COULD end up being radio only games for those of us - left out. Like going back to the '70s.

When CU/G-Tech is played in about a month, a lot of people in both markets are going to to be TV-less. Comcast serves a ton of people in Atlanta. Same in the Upstate with Uverse & Charter.

The only major provider I see on the ACC's list is ATT's Direct TV - which is where ATT wants all their customers to switch to anyway - so really - the door has already been closed on ATT Uverse.

You can "demand" all you want to your provider, but to whom are you demanding? A bunch of low-wage overseas call center reps who are passing nothing up the chain. Don't kid yourself thinking they're taking meticulous notes that somehow make it to the suits upstairs. They're just jerking your chain so they can get to the next caller about some other issue.

Swofford's already said 2019 will basically be an "OK" roll-out year for the ACC Net - with future years to be better. Great. So at the all-time zenith of CU Football - a bunch of our games are reverting back to "radio days?" That just totally sucks.

So really - - anyone have a guess on how many Clemson games will ultimately be "ACC Net ONLY" games?

Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW.....

Jul 23, 2019, 8:02 AM

Now that you have opened Pandora's box, let me throw this out there. Say we are not on TV 4-5 times, stop and think who else in the ACC has the support and attendance that we do? So our good conference friends would be perfectly happy for us not to be on TV to level the playing field and reduce our national foot print. Remember swoffie is a tarhole. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'll be on all the major providers by gameday

Jul 23, 2019, 7:33 AM

Negotiations go down to the wire on these things sometimes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It'll be on all the major providers by gameday

Jul 23, 2019, 7:39 AM

Attend the games. Support Clemson.

Jul 23, 2019, 7:40 AM

Patience Grasshopper.
All carriers are now negotiating with the ACC Network trying to ink a deal. "They" say that most carriers will not close on the deal until right before the season starts.

**In works**

Jul 23, 2019, 8:28 AM

Spectrum's carriage agreement with Disney (ABC, ESPN and others) expires in August. The ACC Network would likely be part of a new carriage agreement, as it would be foolish to try to negotiate the ACC Network alone.

I would expect Spectrum to get on board in mid-August.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2019, 8:56 AM

It won’t launch until late August. The front line flunkies you call don’t know anything. If it’s 8/26 and there’s still no information, then you can worry.

Jul 23, 2019, 11:17 AM

Fax campaign?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC Network will be on most if not all of the major

Jul 23, 2019, 12:23 PM

carriers in the ACC footprint by the time of kickoff. Develop a back-up plan- go to the game, 7 day trial for one of the internet provider, bar or friend that has DirecTV in the interim and just be patient. Most of these go to the wire and sometimes they will go over and the customer will miss out for a period of time. Heck - CBS is not available on DirectTV right now in 14 major US markets. It happens, we've all seen it happen over the years. The ACCN will be available for the longterm soon enough. The conference is has put it out there and done their job - it is the consumers job to apply the pressure to the networks and for the networks to negotiate and provide or lose customers-- simple as that. If a major carrier doesn't get on board then they will lose share over this - if someone doesn't get on board by the football season then the ACC will put the screws to them again come basketball with a big game. Then do the same with football. Their price may go up if they are last to the table. Bitching on this board like a bunch of school girls doesn't solve anything. 1)Have a short term plan 2) contact your provider 3) develop a longterm plan to switch-- that's it

it really isn't that difficult

Re: The ACC Network will be on most if not all of the major

Jul 23, 2019, 1:09 PM

Apparently some people have all of the answers, but for those of us that live too far away to attend the home games then what. I can't be driving 1600 miles round trip 7 times a year. Don't do bar scenes so that option is totally out. Swofford could have already had this taken care of since he has had a very long time to do it. Just sits on his fat lazy butt and does nothing unless ir is for his beloved tarholes. Time for him to go.

whatever on the Swofford thing dude- it's a tired old act

Jul 23, 2019, 1:42 PM

on this board -- not sure who your provider is in Illinois but if you are really concerned they won't have Day 1 access to ACCN then I suggest you look at one of the internet solutions or DirectTV as options and plan for that

Jul 23, 2019, 2:16 PM [ in reply to The ACC Network will be on most if not all of the major ]

Sorry, but logic has nohting to do with the discussion of this topic on this board.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Jul 23, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to The ACC Network will be on most if not all of the major ]

That is very true. Those who blame the commissioner don’t understand how the business works. The ACC office made all the right moves to get this network established but they probably have no control of the broadcasting companies who will (or will not) make it available to their viewers. I assure you Swofford has nothing to do with Charter Spectrum. Like everything else .... it’s all about the money. We have no choice but to be patient and hope that the network becomes a smashing hit. Contacting your provider can do nothing but help.

Jul 23, 2019, 1:50 PM

Northland Cable replied to my email and said they would be adding the ACC Network on August 22. So very thankful here in Edgefield...

Jul 24, 2019, 1:20 AM

Well, the last I heard, Northland Cable was owned by Charter. You mean tiny little Northland makes it's own deals without "Big Daddy's" approval?

Jul 24, 2019, 6:00 AM

huhud82® said:

Well, the last I heard, Northland Cable was owned by Charter. You mean tiny little Northland makes it's own deals without "Big Daddy's" approval?

Yes. Northland is still affiliated with the NCTC cooperative that just signed onto the network.

Jul 24, 2019, 10:17 PM

Here is the press release regarding the agreement with NCTC.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2019/07/nctc-acc-fx-natgeo/

From looking around at other press releases involving NCTS, it sounds like they have about 8 million viewers collectively.

Jul 24, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Acc network ]

I switched to Didsh network from U-verse to save money. I’ve had no complaints but will be very unhappy if Dish doesn’t get on board with ACC NETWORK . Saved some money with Dish but if I have to switch to get ACC NETWORK I will.

I urge all Dish customers to flood them with requests for ACC NETWORK.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic