»
Topic: About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 5, 2020 9:30 AM by: CUJohn
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..

[7]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:27 PM

so to get back to the Willis cland’s 100 year old roots of making wooden skiffs in their yards on Harkers Island just above Beaufort & Morehead City NC.

Heard they were a bit famous for their flare bow design.

Here’s some pics of liked skiffs. Sorta like the 3rd pic style best since simpler, high bow & deep sides.

Oh, they make simple wooden skiffs that sell from $250-$1000 at Lowcountrymaritime in Mt Pleasant SC..done by students from local schools. Very colorfully painted too.

And..Go TiGERS!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:44 PM

Very nice boats. Be sure and keep it out of the sun. I had a smiliar one and the sun faded it badly on one side.

2020 purple level member

Re: About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:48 PM

I like Pic #1 the best!!!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:53 PM

Bill, you should get a Harker’s Island skiff then, they still make them. The Raleigh DU banquets usually raffle one off. I would look into it and make a road trip to pick it up.

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 11:11 PM

I fished 300 crab pots in the summers through high school and college in a wooden Chincoteague scowl. Can’t beat the way a wood boat rides.

Pretty***

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 11:03 PM

best of luck with that

[4]
Posted: Jun 5, 2020 6:58 AM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 7:33 AM

I really like number one as you have room for gear and people and is wide enough to stand up in. The bottom 2 do not appear to be nearly ad stable.

Just curious. Is that Edisto Marina?***

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 9:29 AM

Actually, never mind. I see it's not.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 9:30 AM

Cool looking boat though.

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: LOWER LEVEL NORTH STANDS SEC UP- ROW C - SEATS 26,28 & 30 (32 YD LINE). SEC UP- ROW E - SEATS 18,2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1515 people have read this post