Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC vs SEC games this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

ACC vs SEC games this year

Jun 26, 2019, 7:23 AM

There are 8 games in the regular season scheduled between the 2 conferences
w/o the bowl games.
They are

CU vs Tamu
CU vs UofSC
Duke vs Ala
Ga Tech vs Ga
Louis vs Kentucky
Mia vs Fla
FSU vs Fla
UNC vs UofSC

I only see 2 sure wins for the vaunted SEC and that's their best team against our
probably 10th best team (Duke vs Ala) and their 2nd best team against our worst team.
(Ga. vs Ga. Tech)

We'll see this year if we're a clown conference.
We could go 6-2 against them.

More likely an even split will happen though

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC vs SEC games this year

Jun 26, 2019, 7:32 AM

Florida will beat FSU and Miami, Bama will steamroll Duke by 50, Kentucky likely beats UL, UGA will beat GT.

More likely the SEC goes 6-2 than the ACC IMO

No sleep will be lost . . .

Jun 26, 2019, 7:35 AM

As long as our Tigers win two!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You meant to say 3***

Jun 26, 2019, 7:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: You meant to say 3***

Jun 26, 2019, 7:53 AM

Could be 4, no?

Agreed

Jun 26, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to No sleep will be lost . . . ]

The whole conference vs conference debate is pretty stupid until you get to CFP or at least bowl season where the teams matching up are at least at comparable levels in their respective leagues.

But even if the SEC goes undefeated against every other team in the world but Clemson, I couldn’t care less

I agree. Not sure where the ACC wins six games there.

Jun 26, 2019, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC vs SEC games this year ]

Louisville and FSU are both a shambles. UNC, GT and Miami are all starting with new head coaches. Duke is hardly a match for Alabama.

Anything can happen but those games feature the top four teams from the East and top two teams from the West. Not a single team from the lower half of the SEC. and aside from clemson, GT is the only ACC team that went better than .500 in conference last year, and they are revamping their whole offense and facing a top five UGA. An uphill battle for the ACC, to say the least.

null

Re: I agree. Not sure where the ACC wins six games there.

Jun 26, 2019, 9:11 AM

FSU is not going to be as bad as everyone is assuming this year.
They have talent all over the place. True that their OL was garbage
last year, but Briles is a good OC. They can make some noise.

I think the Gators are living on the hype of winning the SEC east a couple of times which is no better than our Coastal division except for GA. Mullen is a good coach though. Miami's D is going to be good and will give Felipe Franks all he wants.

Kentucky is going to take a step back this year and Louisville will be better than last year.
I don't see how they could be worse. It will be a closer game there than SEC homers
will admit.

Duke will get killed. Ga. Tech will get killed.

And UNC can hang with the chickens. If Bake Jently turns it over some, like he is capable of, then it might be real interesting.

Strong disagree on FSU and UF

Jun 26, 2019, 9:42 AM

Giving Briles (noted scumbag) too much credit for beating up on some bad G5 defenses and when he actually played a real defense in Army he got his brains kicked in. Complete desperation hire by FSU selling themselves to the devil. Still won’t have an OL which severely limits Akers, Blackman is nothing special and there’s no depth behind him. Burns was by far their best defensive player and he’s gone. Haven’t replaced their departing talent with anything close to what you picture when you think of FSU.

Florida was a much improved team last year and return most of their best players. Mullen is a good coach and they aren’t riding the Urban days. Also have recruited difference makers to step in and contribute early.

Jun 26, 2019, 8:28 AM

CU vs Tamu - 12 men ain't no match of death valley
CU vs UofSC - 6 finger combo at you local bojangles
Duke vs Ala - It is Duke post 1960, bet on Bama
Ga Tech vs Ga - Jawja here
Louis vs Kentucky - Louisville. UK is rebuilding and Satterfield is a good coach. He might be able to get that win after Kentucky is "tired" with that SEC schedule.
Mia vs Fla - Likely Fla but Miami might give them a fight. Miami tends to over-perform early
FSU vs Fla - Fla as FSU will be in reading season form again. My guess: "The faults in our stars" or "All the light we can not see" or "Highlight" Search and Seek"
UNC vs UofSC - No winner here. Best we can hope for is a cancelled game due to apathy. Make up with Akron.

Jun 26, 2019, 11:03 AM

I would love to see UNC knock off the Coots in their opener. That would make Muschump 0-3 in his past 3 games against those "weak ACC teams."

I see 6-2 SEC.

Jun 26, 2019, 11:09 AM

We should win both of our games but sh*t can happen.

UGA will crush GT.
Bama will crush Duke.
Kentucky should fall off a lot this year but Louisville is terrible.
Florida is better than both Miami and FSU but I could see them losing one of those games in an upset.
I have no confidence at all in UNC beating SC.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic