Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC vs SEC Conference Records
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

ACC vs SEC Conference Records

Apr 18, 2019, 2:18 PM

Last year 2018 Team Standings

Looking at the Team Standings for all 14 teams in each Conference. This represents the number of teams that had a Wining, break even or loosing record in their conference.

Wins Ties Losses

SEC 6 3 5

ACC 5 4 5

Obviously its harder to have a winning conference record in the ACC than the SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC vs SEC Conference Records

Apr 18, 2019, 2:34 PM

That is kinda tough.... the Coastal Division was having a race to see which team DIDN'T have to play us in Charlotte. After watching UNCheat, VT, and then Miami implode after the ACCCG, no team wanted to play us.

Apr 18, 2019, 3:21 PM

It’s been fun, hasn’t it?

Apr 18, 2019, 4:05 PM

I think all this shows is you can almost always find some sort of statistic to support whatever stance you're taking. Look, Clemson was clearly the best team in the country last year, and we've clearly been at least #1 or #2 over the past 4 years, and should continue to be this coming season as well.

However, I think we sound a bit ignorant trying to argue that the ACC was anything other than awful last season. Pitt ended up at 7-7 overall, and 1-4 OOC including 2 OOC losses by more than 30 points and they played for the ACC Championship.

Well maybe you'd say the Atlantic division is where all the tough teams in the conference are then right? Louisville was probably the worst team in P5 last year by a mile. FSU was a dumpster fire. Wake was pretty awful as well, they lost by 29 to ND, lost by over 20 to Pitt, beat Memphis by 3 in a bowl, and had to go into overtime to beat Tulane.

BC? They had a loss to the 5-7 FSU team, and a 30-13 loss to a middle of the Big 10 Purdue team. They did at least have an impressive 10 point win over Temple.

NC State? The 52-13 loss to A&M doesn't really support them very well.

Syracuse? Who did they beat last year actually besides WV who played without their QB and best WR? I know Syracuse had their QB get hurt against ND, but they were down 10-0 before he got hurt, and you'd think they'd still manage to do better than 36-3 if they were all that good. Syracuse also lost to that 7-7 Pitt team.

I'm not trying to be a hater, because none of this changes how great Clemson was, but I just can't see any sane argument to support the ACC not being a complete dumpster fire last season.

Apr 18, 2019, 6:41 PM

Clemson 2003, not arguing that point but the SEC was a 2 dumpster fire. They've highly overrated.

Apr 18, 2019, 8:49 PM

SEC was 6-5 in bowl season. ACC was 7-5 in bowl season! BC game with Boise St. was cancelled; but BC could very easily have won that game.

Going by the "metric" some people go by - yep the ACC was weak. But, perhaps as has been stated, the parody in the conference is just good. Perhaps there is "ZERO" parody in the SEC.

Clemson of course makes it almost like the Big 10 and Ohio St - like! But, what does 2nd place through last place look like? To me; that's what defines a conference. Not just it's champion! SEC has had a team winning it pretty often over the last 6 - 7 years or so and people "throw in the conference" competition as being part of the reason.
If the ACC was sooooooooo weak - in no way, shape or form would it have prepared Clemson to play Ohio St. Oklahoma. Alabama. Notre Dame in championships and semi-finals!
Bowl season record this past season and the season before last( 9-3 bowl season plus NC) tells me the ACC and "how weak it supposedly is, is really overblown"! All because people are basically SEC - brainwashed.

I know this: none of the ACC is weak people have ever answered this. "How could Clemson have beaten the best team from the so called best conference(whole conference of mostly good) who was blowing people out. How could Clemson have destroyed them? The ACC surely could not have prepared them: gasp! GMAB. Stop being brainwashed - every conference has it's bottom dwellers! Some conference have "ranked teams" who get ranked on reputation alone; but the product on the field is nothing to write home about! And that's all it is.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic