Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC linear network, my thoughts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,640

ACC linear network, my thoughts.

Jul 21, 2018, 5:40 PM

As pointed out by several of my fellow Tigernet brethren, we really don’t know many details so why criticize? I guess, knowing the energy and excitement ESPN exhibited with the launch of the SEC network I expected similar. Maybe they will show some of the same but knowing the financial trouble ESPN seems to be in, I can’t see it. Also, what is a linear network? Is it broadcast like the SECN and others? Will it help Close the substantial revenue gap that currently exists? I don’t know these answers but with my lack of trust with ESPN, I doubt it. I’m not trying to be negative because I just don’t know enough. Can anyone share some info and enlighten me. Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think when they say linear network, they simply mean

Jul 21, 2018, 5:53 PM

it will be a tv channel, rather than just online streaming, or an "ACC Network" like the one we've had for years which is just a set of affiliates that have purchased the ACC game of the week.

I am very positive about this network and feel like the vibe and news has been really good. This is kind of surprising since we barely got in under the gun in which this type of venture will not be starting up any longer.

It will probably be a lot like the SEC Network and Big Ten Network. For some strange reason, in spite of less revenue, I always feel ACC setups look slicker than SEC. Even the kickoff this week. Also, ACC schools have some of the best stadium entry traditions compared to SEC. Clemson and the hill, FSU and planting the spear, GT and the rambling wreck car, VT and their entry. Also for some reason the logos in the ACC seem better. All three of those are better than Georgia and Florida running through signs like high school and Scarolina wrestlin' entry.

The ACCN will have a great basketball footprint, football, and the other sports.
It will also help us close the gap in revenue by about $7 million a year and could eventually get higher than 10 to 15 million per year.

I'm excited about it.

Did Swoffie's boy get a job offer or staying at Raycom...?***

Jul 21, 2018, 5:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think when they say linear network, they simply mean

Jul 21, 2018, 7:11 PM [ in reply to I think when they say linear network, they simply mean ]

Thanks, I will be patient and anticipate the positive.

In 7 minutes, ESPN Classic will be broadcasting a CU game...

Jul 21, 2018, 5:54 PM

2012 CU vs. WV... Tells you all you need to know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

eSECpn hates us.***

Jul 21, 2018, 6:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC linear network, my thoughts.

Jul 21, 2018, 7:22 PM

In a similar vein, with this new ESPN+ thing...y'all reckon we'll still get games streamed for free on WatchESPN, or gonna have to pay for the bad ESPN broadcasting?

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,640
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic