Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC homerism isn’t the answer for SEC homerism. It's about Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

ACC homerism isn’t the answer for SEC homerism. It's about Clemson.

Sep 1, 2019, 6:49 AM

Let's not relish in the comeuppance of SEC homers (which I certainly do, Coots...) by then pumping our conference just like they always do. Finebaum, et al. are always trying to fold their S-E-sheep together into some kinda powers-combined Captain Planet farce. Let 'em talk.

Clemson is about Clemson, not a conference. We do what we need to do each week, and the rest takes care of itself.

GO TIGERS. BEAT A&M.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

No sir. Not close***

Sep 1, 2019, 7:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well yeah

Sep 1, 2019, 8:00 AM

I was not pulling for UNC because ACC, I just wanted SCAR to lose.

I do find it funny that they can’t beat any weak A she she teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well yeah

Sep 1, 2019, 9:21 AM

That’s now a cold, hard fact. UVA blanks you in a bowl, then you implode in the presence of a 2-9 dumpster fire. You stand alone as a complete failure, Coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: well yeah

Sep 1, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to well yeah ]

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, I was absolutely pulling for the ACC as a conference to show out. We finally got the ACCN going and we had oocg’s right of the gate that were quality tests to see how the conference stacks up. Honestly, I really only pull for the conference on rivalry weekend but yesterday was fun. What was really great was watching Georgia St beat UT and Ole Miss lose to Memphis. It was a sad day for Manning alum ??

Re: ACC homerism isn’t the answer for SEC homerism. It's about Clemson.

Sep 1, 2019, 9:38 AM

Not pulling for the ACC. Just pulling against the SEC. Doesnt matter what conference they are playing against.

^Gets it^

Sep 1, 2019, 10:49 AM

I’ve never heard any Clemson fans going around beating their chest about being in a conference. I’ve seen S.C. fans do it for about 25 years now no matter how bad they suck. It’s almost like everything will be OK as long as someone in their conference has a good season. They’re so pathetic. Now other underachieving SEC schools are doing the same. Pathetic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misconstrued intent

Sep 1, 2019, 9:46 AM

I doubt anyjuan here was pulling for UNCheat. I pull for anyjuan playing against coots. And, there's nothing wrong with pulling for eSECpn choking.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You misconstrued intent

Sep 1, 2019, 10:15 AM

Just don’t wanna hear anybody, Clemson fans or otherwise, herald the deflation of the SEC’s ego by trying to inflate another conference somehow. I’m totally on board with pulling against Coots and all they hold dear, ie. their Precious (SEC).

GO TIGERS

Re: You misconstrued intent

Sep 1, 2019, 10:23 AM

I respect that bdrechs

Sep 1, 2019, 9:55 AM

I completely agree with the OP.

Don't give a care about the ACC. It's all about Clemson, nothing else.

Sep 1, 2019, 10:04 AM

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

(Probably as silly statement because anytime you walk away with a “W” it is a good weekend. )

I’m sort of an odd fellow here being:
1) An alumnus from The Citadel
2) A lifelong Georgia fan
3) A strong supporter of Clemson (Just not a fanatic because of my Georgia upbringing)

I would like to give my view on what some call SEC “homerism”.

Every team has it’s share of idiots, trolls and down right obnoxious fans. We all have to live with it but most times it’s best to just shake our heads and walk away from them than even attempting to carry on a conversation. The sad good are the ones that can’t win in their own so they crow anytime any treat in their conference wins. ) The saddest of all breeds.

As for me (and what I would call reasonable fans of any competitive conference) this is how I look at it.

1) I pull for my Georgia Bulldogs - any and every time play play - even if they were to play The Citadel

2) I pull for any team that we have in the schedule that by their winning would help UGA’s strength of schedule. If there is an SEC match up of a ranked team that is on I schedule I pull for the team on our schedule. If neither team fits that description I pick who I like the best.

I will pull for out of conference teams from time to time if I like that team enough and the SEC team in play will not greatly influence Georgia’s SOS. It’s that simple ... and trust me it’s hard to pull for teams like Auburn when you are a Dawg fan.

I know I am not like most but I love college football. Been on TigerNet since 2013 - long before the most recent run. Good solid football, great man as a coach and IMO has the next Peyton Manning playing for them for two more seasons (including this one).

Sep 1, 2019, 10:30 AM

I still feel like if the Citadel beat UGA you wouldn’t feel to bad, lol.

Sep 1, 2019, 11:16 AM

I would be sick. lol

Sep 1, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC homerism isn’t the answer for SEC homerism. It's about Clemson. ]

Ok that’s you. But there’s thousands
And thousands that chant sec Sec sec. no one has ever changed big 10 big 10 big 10. The only times I’ve ever heard acc chants has been sarcastic after defeating another sec team. Can’t blame it all on trolls. Blame it on idiots riding their betters coattails.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 10:34 AM

Stark contrast here that needs to be pointed out, Clemson and its fan base are not, nor have they ever relied on the ACC is tough or not good as an excuse for their losing games or a source of secondary pride when all else wasn’t going well. That said, we live in a world Not of our making nor our design but one that places relevance on SOS to promote teams into playoff positions. To ignore this would be foolish. Sure, 15-0 seasons are normal right now but a year where we are 13-2 and still made the playoffs could very well be a reality but only if public perception agrees. If you can’t see this you don’t get how college football works and I would appreciate you not telling me how to think!

Sep 1, 2019, 10:45 AM

I think we’re in more agreement than you might think - what needs be change is the media-fueled public perception that the SEC’s strength of schedule is always going to be stronger, thus the SEC is the only conference that could secure a playoff berth for a 2-loss team. Finebaum and the ESPN drumbeat that perpetuates conference superiority as a basis for a team’s de facto merit is garbage. Let a team demonstrate they are one of the best 4 without conference baggage by their own merits, not some average of in-conference rivals, etc. I hear ya.

GO TIGERS

Sep 1, 2019, 11:11 AM

Yesterday proved that most of the SEC is closer to a dumpster fire than anything else.

I agree that ESPN pushes the SEC but they are no better or no worse than all media who pushes an agenda for clicks (which translates into $$$$. )

Now when it comes to Finebaum ... what do you expect from the SEC network. I can’t believe so many Clemson fans for fixated on him ... every viewer/listener means for $$$ in the coffers.

SOS will always play a part. A conference championship against a UGA team will always mean more than one against Pitt.

Not taking away from Clemson, at all. Clearly the favorite for 2019 and well deserved.

Sep 1, 2019, 11:17 AM

... SEC East is closer to a dumpster fire ...

Sep 1, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC homerism isn’t the answer for SEC homerism. It's about Clemson. ]

That’s the real crux of the issue - it’s about strength of schedule, not strength of conference. There’s a big difference. Clemson plays 2 SEC teams every year, but I really only care about our performance relative to the opponent itself irrespective of conference.

GO TIGERS

ACC! It just means A LOT more!!***

Sep 1, 2019, 11:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 1:49 PM

Couldn’t agree more, OP. Too many Clemson fans also pump the ACC as if the conference has any bearing on what we do. The ACC was a joke last year (and this year), and Clemson dominated the playoff. There wasn’t even a single other ACC that could have made an attempt at a playoff run. I personally love seeing the likes of Miami, and FSU in their current form, and could care less what the rest of the conference does. They suck, we don’t. Let’s focus on Clemson!!

No problem here...

Sep 1, 2019, 2:42 PM

...that 3rd year the ACC gave us back in the 80's still sticks in my craw to this day. They can all GTH for all I care.

I'll still pull against the SEC though...they deserve it.

Not going to pump out chants of ACC but

Sep 1, 2019, 4:55 PM

I'd like to see the bane of many Clemson fans get on track to become contenders. VT, Virginia, and Miami. Now I just can't get on board with Fla St. because I do enjoy seeing them all "Taggered" out in their current iteration lol.

Sep 1, 2019, 4:59 PM

A lot gloat conference affiliation but do so to spite the SEC homers...they’re not serious. I know I’m not. But the SEC used conference affiliation to haul in $$$. The ACC is finally doing the same with its own network

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic