»
Topic: ACC Strength (Or Lack Thereof)
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 1, 2019 3:26 PM by: BigCUFan®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

ACC Strength (Or Lack Thereof)

[1]
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 2:43 PM

I am not convinced that the ACC is as weak as everybody seems to think. Virginia could easily finish at 10-2. Wake may well be 9-0 by the time they arrive in Death Valley. If that happens, they could both be in the Top 12 by years end. Duke is improving every week. UNC is not a pushover. The league has plenty of bad teams for sure, but it is not as bad as people say.

2019 purple level member

Doesn't matter if UVA or Wake win all of those games

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 2:45 PM

they are all against other ACC teams. The league strength is really determined by OOC games. Would UVA really be able to finish 10-2 if the coastal wasn't trash? I really doubt it.

Pig

Re: Doesn't matter if UVA or Wake win all of those games

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 2:55 PM

UVA did beat the crap out of moUSC in the bowl game, but then again the Lamecocks are trash also.

They'd be favored against half the teams in the $-EZ...

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 3:07 PM

Tennessee, Vandy, Arky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky and South Carolina.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If they are the 2nd best ACC team you would hope

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 3:13 PM

they would be favored over 10 or 12 SEC teams.

I don't think they would be favored...

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 3:26 PM

against Bama, LSU, Auburn, Florida or Georgia.

A&M would probably be a toss-up game for them.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It's like all the wait and see ranking folks....

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 2:49 PM

have channeled all of their wisdom through your keyboard/tablet in one incredible singular point of knowledge that everyone....(including me).....needs to stop and bow down too......RIGHT NOW.

It's amazing how beating early season ranked teams that end up not ranked gets forgotten every single year.....

The AP should (but won't) stop ranking teams until 5,6,7 even 8 weeks into the season..... because then it means something.

I mean Clemson might suck balls...... then A&M's loss to us really makes them look bad.... but we might not suck.....we will know in NOVEMBER!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Pig

Re: ACC Strength (Or Lack Thereof)

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 2:53 PM

Take a look at the official NCAA SOS. We are currently 19th, and I expect we won't drop much through the end of the season. But the problem is the SUC teams will continue to climb because of their perceived conference strength. They are better from top to bottom than the ACC, but they are very top heavy. Hopefully some of those teams will lose multiple games over the coming weeks.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

It's pretty sad when

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 3:13 PM

Absolutes are based on preseason suppositions.

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Fiesta Bowl
FOR SALE: FIESTA BOWL HOTEL ROOM RESERVATIONS IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX – STAY WHERE THE ACTION IS! I have several h...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
692 people have read this post