Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Ponderings regarding who plays in the ACCCG-long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,788

ACC Ponderings regarding who plays in the ACCCG-long

Oct 21, 2018, 10:17 PM

Here is what I see for the ACCCG:

ACC Atlantic:

- CLEMSON is in charge of their own destiny. Win out (FSU, UL, BC, Duke) and they are the only undefeated team in the conference.
- NCSU will need some help as CLEMSON owns the TB against them, so NCSU would need to win out (SU, FSU, Wake, UL, UNC) and CLEMSON would have to lose 2 of (FSU, UL, BC, Duke). NCSU might could possibly lose one of those remaining games, but CLEMSON would have to lose 3 of (FSU, UL, BC, Duke), which is very unlikely.
- BC is also in charge of their own destiny. Win out (Miami, VT, CLEMSON, FSU, SU) and they win the ACC Atlantic as they would own the TB against CLEMSON. If they lose to CLEMSON, then CLEMSON would have to lose 3 of (FSU, UL, BC, Duke). There might be some other possibilities if they beat CLEMSON but lose one of their other of (Miami, VT, FSU, SU), but that's too complicated for me.
- SU could possibly win the ACC Atlantic, but it would require they win out (NCSU, Wake, UL, BC) and CLEMSON would have to lose 3 of (FSU, UL, BC, Duke) since CLEMSON would own the TB against SU.

ACC Coastal:

- VT is in charge of their own destiny. Win out (GT, BC, Pitt, Miami, UVA) and they win the ACC Coastal and they are the only undefeated team in the Coastal in conference play.
- UVA is in charge of their own destiny. Win out (UNC, Pitt, GT, VT) and they win the ACC Coastal and they would own the TB against VT. If they lose to VT, then they would need help for VT to lose 3 of (GT, BC, Pitt, Miami).
- Miami needs some help. Win out (BC, Duke, GT, VT, Pitt) and they would own the TB against VT, but would need UVA to lose 1 of (UNC, Pitt, GT) and lose to VT.
- Pitt is a 4-loss team, but is in charge of their own destiny. Win out (Duke, UVA, VT, Wake, Miami) and they would own the TB against UVA and VT.
- Duke could possibly win the Coastal, but would require that they win out (Pitt, Miami, UNC, CLEMSON, Wake) and VT lose 3 of (GT, BC, Pitt, Miami, UVA) and also UVA lose 3 of (UNC, Pitt, GT, VT).

Nothing is final yet. Still a lot of football to be played. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Ponderings regarding who plays in the ACCCG-long

Oct 21, 2018, 10:50 PM

Pulling for VT since Miami fans were pretty off-putting last year and VT fans seemed pretty cool to me at '16 ACCCG and '17 in Blacksburg.

In a way, UVA would be cool too. Mix it up.

Just don't want to have to deal with trashy Canes fans. What a bunch of life-losers.

Oct 21, 2018, 10:51 PM

3 weeks could settle the Atlantic. If Clemson wins those 3 they are in.

Oct 22, 2018, 5:42 PM

I just want to point out that this is wrong.

BC does not control their own destiny.

NCSU holds the tiebreaker over BC.

A BC win over Clemson with everyone winning out otherwise would result in a 3-way tie. That scenario (with all teams tied with 1 loss to each other) would result in a an unprecedented tiebreak crisis that would get all the way down to the final option which was added a few years ago.

A private firm would be called and tasked with creating an independent ranking metric to pick the winner. Clemson would likely get the nod solely because of hurricane Florence but who knows.

The final tiebreaker (if the private firm comes back with a tie) would be a coin toss.

A 3-way tie with more than 1 loss would be a lot less complicated as the team who lost to the worst team in the division would get the nod.

Oct 22, 2018, 6:36 PM

you could probably build an all star team from all of the coastal teams and Clemson would still be a 14 pt. favorite

I went through this whole thread

Oct 22, 2018, 8:20 PM

Expecting to find a pic of Samantha. Sorely disappointing. Lol.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,788
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic