Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Network--Currently no deal in place for North Carolina?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

ACC Network--Currently no deal in place for North Carolina?!

May 7, 2019, 10:23 AM

What a gigantic clusterfluck if Swofford can't get this right; but then, anybody surprised? One of these articles is from Raleigh and the other from Charlotte...not the same, but similar. I couldn't find anything dedicated to the situation in South Carolina right now.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article230080284.html

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/south-carolina/swofford-august-launch-of-acc-tv-channel-on-schedule/946909008

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RAd for attempting to get around the profanity filter.***

May 7, 2019, 10:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Which reminds me,

May 7, 2019, 10:52 AM

did cutigerbob® ever get his itty bitty hands on that list of band werds>

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Wish Crump/B-Meist would RA on you permanently

May 7, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to RAd for attempting to get around the profanity filter.*** ]

along with the rest of your Sewer Dwelling cronies

That doesn't even make sense. Hth***

May 7, 2019, 11:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think he was making a sensual recommendation.

May 7, 2019, 12:02 PM

maybe

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Of course not to someone like you

May 7, 2019, 12:45 PM [ in reply to That doesn't even make sense. Hth*** ]

Maybe your parents should have been RA'd for allowing you be what you've become

^ Not being a productive member of this community.***

May 7, 2019, 1:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

"allowing you be what you've become"

May 7, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Of course not to someone like you ]

Still...none of that makes sense. How about you take a few minutes, think through what you're attempting to say, then try again? TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: "allowing you be what you've become"

May 7, 2019, 2:51 PM

I don't think you know what RA means.***

May 7, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Wish Crump/B-Meist would RA on you permanently ]

Report Abuse...You're just another example

May 7, 2019, 2:39 PM

of why some folks should not be allowed to procreate

I would ask you to use it correctly in a sentence...

May 7, 2019, 2:44 PM

but you've already demonstrated you can't do that.

^^^This post violates at least 6 posting rules

May 7, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Report Abuse...You're just another example ]

That really makes me wish Crump/B-Meist would RA on you permanently

POINT PARTY!!!

May 7, 2019, 2:52 PM

Excellent is the standard.***

May 7, 2019, 2:55 PM [ in reply to ^^^This post violates at least 6 posting rules ]

Swofford has been horrible for the ACC

May 7, 2019, 10:46 AM

anybody that thinks otherwise is an idiot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swofford has been horrible for the ACC

May 7, 2019, 12:22 PM

Well we have won many nattys in all 3 sports over the past 5-10 years so he must be doing something right.

Re: ACC Network--Currently no deal in place for North Carolina?!

May 7, 2019, 10:49 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 10:54 AM

TB - I find your profile picture in violation of posting anything Sectuwal in nature -FM agrees

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speak for yourself.***

May 7, 2019, 10:56 AM

May 7, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network--Currently no deal in place for North Carolina?! ]

thanks

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network--Currently no deal in place for North Carolina?! ]

Come now If it’s not meant to be seen TB keeps it under the collar, which actually isn’t that difficult given it’s size.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network--Currently no deal in place for North Carolina?! ]

I like my profanity unfiltered. And anyone who disagrees is a big $&##^^**($#

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was always going to be be an issue. There's just not nearly as much

May 7, 2019, 10:56 AM

demand for an ACC network as for SEC or B1G. Its also coming at a bad time as more and more people are leaving cable and satellite providers in favor of streaming services.

I am a bit surprised that the network is having a hard time picking up carriers in what should be its strongest state, but I am not surprised by this problem in general.

My advice is to ditch your cable provider and pick up Hulu Live or Playstation Vue. I used YouTube TV to watch CFB last year and it was outstanding and carried even more games than most cable packages that would cost $50-60 more a month.

Sadly, YouTube TV added a handful of crappy channels I don't care about and raised the price $10. They also have not committed to ACC Network yet while Hulu and PS Vue both have.

Re: This was always going to be be an issue. There's just not nearly as much

May 7, 2019, 1:07 PM

Were you still able to access the ESPN 3 content with this package? I have Direct, and when using ESPN 3 I know you have to verify you have certain TV providers which Direct is included in the options.

Not without getting a login from a friend or family member

May 7, 2019, 1:22 PM

I never watch anything on ESPN3 these days though. It's a really terrible streaming platform that stutters and freezes all of the time, and there's very little i want to watch on there that isn't available elsewhere.

May 7, 2019, 11:04 AM

Checked with Charter here in Greer a couple of weeks ago. As of then, they had no agreement in place to carry the ACC network.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always looking for a reason to say...FIRE SWOFFORD!!***

May 7, 2019, 12:05 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Deals are already in place with DirecTV & Dish Network

May 7, 2019, 12:06 PM

As well as with three (3) streaming options. The ACC Network already has all the leverage that it needs to get a deal done with all of the cable networks - and it's still 3 months away from the official launch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTube still doesn't have a deal***

May 7, 2019, 12:19 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I would be surprised if YouTube isn't on board by August.

May 7, 2019, 12:31 PM

They would lose too many of the streamers in ACC country to Hulu, PS Vue and others, if they can't offer ACCN.
I have been subscribed to YouTube Live since last fall, and I really life their interface, but I will switch to someone else, if YouTube doesn't get the ACCN by the start of football season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is Notre Dame's cut from the ACC Network?

May 7, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Deals are already in place with DirecTV & Dish Network ]

Since the sec has proven that football is the cash cow...I don't think they should get anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 12:57 PM

Just what we need. A network 100% focused on UNC v Duke Basketball games 24/7. Finally a way to get Dean Smith back on TV.

And a lot of money for each ACC school***

May 7, 2019, 3:33 PM

--Henry David Thoreau

You should spend more time worrying about the Coots than

May 7, 2019, 3:43 PM

worrying about this. That should tell you where it lies on the worry chart........as in not at all

Current carriage agreements will start expiring and the dominos will start to fall. You may have 1 or 2 that try to play hardball and take it a week or 2 into the season but they'll cave as people start to switch carriers. ESPN will push this on their list of channels to the providers. I believe the SEC didn't even have all the carriers aligned Day 1 due to holdouts/negotiations and timing of carriage contracts but in the end they all fold.

Some of those mentioned are under the same corp umbrellas. DirectTV is owned by ATT. ATT wants everyone to switch to DirectTV as it is cheaper for them to operate so it totally makes sense at this point that DirectTV signed first yet ATT is listed as a holdout.

May 7, 2019, 5:00 PM

I got dizzy reading this thread. I finally gave up. Dang it, my grass just grew and I missed it.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic