Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A tough question for T-netters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

A tough question for T-netters

Dec 13, 2018, 2:13 PM

Who are you pulling for in UCF vs LSU? I usually pull against the yellow tigers of Deaf Valley but a UCF win will inevitably result in a 2nd consecutive self-proclaimed national championship. I don't think I can stand another year of that BS. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A tough question for T-netters

Dec 13, 2018, 2:14 PM

it's almost a lose-lose scenario...

UCF wins, another year like you said..

LSU wins, and it'll be all about how their QB wasn't in the game....

Either way, they won't stop.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:12 PM

I think UCF would stop. Only Jawja continues to claim National Championships right after they lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 2:16 PM

UCF. I hate everything about every team in the sec because of espn

uga spirit of '42

Dec 13, 2018, 2:16 PM

UCF can claim just like the sec revisionist history.

Dec 13, 2018, 2:20 PM

UCF. I hope they throttle stomp them. Cause the SEC superior attitude that has loomed for years and years by the whole conference far outweighs what one single school or fan base can claim.

Dec 13, 2018, 2:28 PM

On second thought, I'm with you guys on this. I'm tired of hearing how the SEC West is the hardest division in football. UCF beating those guys 2 years in a row would be sweet.

I hope every SEC team loses their bowl game!! Especially LSU

Dec 13, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: A tough question for T-netters ]

Bama & UGA. And Usuc, of course!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson***

Dec 13, 2018, 2:23 PM

Honest question in response

Dec 13, 2018, 2:27 PM

Why does it bother you that UCF claims a title? No one beat them, and they weren't invited to the party to prove they belong, so let em crow all they want.

Either:
1) They didn't (and don't) belong and it simply doesn't matter what they chirp about

or

2) They did (and do) belong and they have a legit gripe.

Either way, don't see why it'd bother anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest question in response

Dec 13, 2018, 2:54 PM

I agree. UCF has every right to claim 2017 as theirs. Shared with Alabama at least.

They had the strength of schedule.
They had the wins.
They were undefeated, the only undefeated team, with wins over the only team to beat Alabama, and a schedule that was twice as hard as Alabama by all metrics.

No other team from 2017 can say that.

Dec 13, 2018, 3:08 PM

I'm not sure where you're getting this SOS info from but the only P5 team they played in last year's regular season was Maryland...not exactly my idea of powerhouse. You can't knock a team for going undefeated, that's the best you can do. But I don't think they would have beat Bama in a national championship game. I guess we'll never know.

Dec 14, 2018, 3:08 PM

They played more ranked teams than Alabama and went undefeated, also beating Auburn who demolished Alabama.

Alabama played 1 ranked team all season, Auburn, and got slobberknockered by them.

UCF's schedule was in the 30's, Alabama's was in the 50's.

LSU and it's not even close...hate UCF***

Dec 13, 2018, 2:28 PM

Why would someone hate UCF?

Dec 13, 2018, 2:31 PM

All they've done is win and ask to be invited to the party.

Don't see why that'd tick people off.

Iknow, I know they gripe about not being invited to the party, but ignore em if it bother you. As for me, I'm not sure why it'd upset someone that they'd like a seat at the table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would someone hate UCF?

Dec 13, 2018, 2:38 PM

I say let them in.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

Dec 13, 2018, 2:43 PM

If you aren't going to let them in, then they have no business being int he same subdivision of football.

If you can go undefeated (much less for 2 straight years) and not get the chance to prove you belong (which according to many talking heads is precisely what the Auburn win last year was supposed to prove or disprove) then break up the subdivisions even farther.

I totally agree.

Dec 13, 2018, 3:09 PM

It makes no sense for a team to win all of its games, in the top division in college football, and not get a chance to play for a national championship. People can say all they want to about their schedule, but they have beaten everyone they've played for 2 straight seasons. They have also tried to play better teams out of conference and have supposedly been turned down. What else can they do?!?

Even if you don't think they are as good as the top 4 teams, shouldn't they at least get a chance?

Since the powers that be have decided that the power 5 conferences are superior to the group of 5, they need to create a new division with the power 5 teams so that the group of 5 teams can have their own playoff and national championship game. As it stands now, it is really unfair to the group of 5 teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Dec 13, 2018, 2:37 PM

Frankly, I didn't even know they were playing. Not high on my radar. From what I understand, UCF gets a lot of good players who can't academically get into Fla. State or U. of Fla. I understand that UCF has some very good teams.

Dec 13, 2018, 2:38 PM

There is always room at the top for another quality program... I would like UCF to continue to improve and move up... Orlando is a nice place to visit... Would love to see the ACC to split into a North/South alignment rather than the crappy setup we have now...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could not care less what UCF self proclaims. On the other

Dec 13, 2018, 2:46 PM

hand I have no love for LSU. Bottom line, not a game I will be following.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could not care less what UCF self proclaims. On the other

Dec 13, 2018, 3:07 PM

How many national titles do you believe Alabama has?

Easy answer: UCF***

Dec 13, 2018, 3:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 3:08 PM

UCF. Because at Thanksgiving my mouthy nephew-in-law & his dad (LSU fans) ran their traps about how Clemson & Bama "not playing anyone" shouldn't be #1 & #2; and that LSU should be ranked #1. (They didnt play a lot of sports so they couldn't fathom the whole "yeah but you gotta win the games!" concept). So my final shot was something to the effect that I would enjoy watching UCF spank that LSU @%# in the Peach Bowl! OK...so I had the wrong bowl but I at least got the matchup right. Then I saw UCF's QB leg break half in two a day later and went "Ohhh FUUUUUUUdge". But I don't care what UCF claims or what they say. If they can beat another SEC team in another bowl, I am down for that! But mostly so I can keep firing off at my mouthy in-laws. And of course Coot homers about all things SEC.

PS - I'm not a real popular guy at my wife's family's events.

Dec 13, 2018, 3:10 PM

Oh and don't think for one second I didn't fire off a msg to him when one of those "nobodies" that Clemson and Bama played beat LSU in 7 overtimes too. Of course his response - the refs gave them the game.

I keep it simple and I keep it real...I keep it real simple

Dec 13, 2018, 3:10 PM

The Vegas underdog.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

LSU for sure. I'm over UCF and their self indulging BS

Dec 13, 2018, 3:13 PM

Play somebody.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing Memphis twice is equivalent to playing

Dec 13, 2018, 3:22 PM

The mississipies

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 13, 2018, 3:26 PM

Not a tough question for me. I’ll never pull for anyone in the SEC unless it’s another SEC team playing Bama.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCF because every SEC loss makes me happy.***

Dec 13, 2018, 3:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

UCF ... SEC power is a myth ... they usually end up

Dec 13, 2018, 3:29 PM

with favorable matchups when they play OOC ...

Bama vs Louisville ? Please.

Why didn't Vandy take care of Notre Dame ??

Dec 13, 2018, 3:31 PM

Not tough at all. UCF for the win so Jawja can’t claim superiority. But without their starting qb, it’s not a level field anymore. LSU will win I fear without the one who brung UCF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 5:14 PM

I am of the opinion that the playoff needs to be expanded to 8 teams.

Our Tigers have made the playoffs the last 4 years based on their on the field accomplishments. At some point in time we are going to be in the same situation as UGA where we end up #5 due to a loss earlier in the season. I really do not want to be on the outside looking in at that point.

For that reason, I would like UCF to beat LSU so they can stake a legitimate claim to be included in the playoff. I don't care about their BS National Title claims.

Dec 13, 2018, 5:25 PM

UCF and anyone against the SEC

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 6:01 PM

UCF so I can listen to sec homers hem and haw about lsu also not wanting to be in that bowl. And it’s a real possibility too. Their back up qb ain’t no slouch from what I saw when they played Memphis

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gold

Dec 13, 2018, 7:27 PM

en Knights

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU so ucf cab whine abd cry plus I hate the smell of corn

Dec 13, 2018, 7:31 PM

dogs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic