Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A sad week for me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

A sad week for me

Nov 9, 2017, 3:18 PM

This week my house was broken into. Among the things that were taken though, there was one that was irreplaceable. My Clemson class ring. I graduated in 2012, but instead of buying a ring, I was given my grandmother's Clemson College ring from 1963. They didn't make women's rings at that point so she got a man's ring. It was a connection not just to my Alma Mater, but also to my family.

Things like this happen in life and possessions will never be more than possessions. The ring was also just a ring, but it meant so much more to me. I wanted to post here to remind all of you to cherish what you have and also hold it close. I hope none of you have to go through this. I just wanted to share with people who understood.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that.***

Nov 9, 2017, 3:20 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry to hear that.***

Nov 9, 2017, 8:46 PM

Really hate to hear that. Hope it shows up somehow.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A sad week for me

Nov 9, 2017, 3:23 PM

I hope you find it or can some closure for this horrible event

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Illustrates the point that everyone needs either

Nov 9, 2017, 3:27 PM

(1) a security / camera system

or

(2) a large menacing dog

I opted for #2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I’ve got a #2 named Guiness

Nov 9, 2017, 6:44 PM

A 120lb barking Rottweiler will make someone think twice. He’s also a good alarm system as you can tell by the type of bark if someone he doesn’t recognize shows up. Really helpful when you’re out in the country with little light at night

I'm on my 2nd Guinness right now***

Nov 9, 2017, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel your pain.

Nov 9, 2017, 3:30 PM

I too had a visit from crackheads this past week.
I was more fortunate than you.
Good luck.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I feel your pain.

Nov 9, 2017, 3:39 PM

Check with area pawn shops. Make sure they understand you will pay to get the ring back. Do it quickly though. They will melt it down if they think they can't sell it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hit a ditch and hurt myself before I could get to a

Nov 9, 2017, 5:52 PM

pawn shop.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

May your sternam heal nice

Nov 9, 2017, 6:06 PM

and slowly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 9, 2017, 4:44 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I graduated in 1977 but our home was broken in to in 1988 and my ring, along with lots of other sentimental items, was stolen. I hope it turns up. Yet you can be grateful for the heritage that ring represented. You're blessed to be part of a Clemson Tiger blood line. Go Tigers!

Nov 9, 2017, 6:27 PM

Thanks. That's a way I haven't thought about it. It means a lot.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 6:10 PM

Sorry to hear. Sadly more and more of it these days.

Nov 9, 2017, 6:52 PM

That's a shame someone broke into my house about ten years ago and stole two of my Peach Bowl rings. They had little sentimental value since we lost but they were cool to have.

Nov 9, 2017, 7:24 PM

So far I've been fortunate. I hope your ring is returned in some way and justice prevails.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 7:37 PM

So very sorry this happened! Check at pawn shops, just in case!

Nov 9, 2017, 8:21 PM

I really wish I could help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tough break - hope something happens that can balance it out***

Nov 9, 2017, 8:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man that bumms me out.

Nov 9, 2017, 8:44 PM

You know what is good about that story though.....is how much you love your Gma. Nothing can take that away.

Nov 9, 2017, 8:47 PM

I trust you have reported this to your local Police Dept or Sheriff's Office. They get reports from pawn shops of jewelry, tools, & electronics. A college ring is more identifiable than other jewelry so it may turn up at some point.

Report it to Almuni association just in case they get a call

Nov 9, 2017, 10:31 PM

for a lost ring.

I never realized it was co-ed back then.

Sorry for your loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 11:09 PM

Know how you field. White trash thugs broke in my house last year and among other things stole my wife's shotgun that her grandfather gave her many years ago.

Nov 9, 2017, 11:12 PM

Sorry that happened. That's a shame. Those are the only possessions that mean anything in the end.

Nov 10, 2017, 7:09 AM

I have numerous security cameras everywhere, which does not prevent break-ins, but can possibly catch the thieves later. I get emails when someone enters my home and I'm not there. Just a thought.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic