Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A response to the gamecock 4-bomb :D
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

A response to the gamecock 4-bomb :D

Jun 17, 2013, 11:36 PM
ClemsonBombs.jpg(182.7 K)

Deer gamecock fans, It has obviously come to our attention you like to 4-bomb us through social media, internet sports message boards, at the parties, at the bars, in the office, in the classroom, in church, etc. etc. As current owner of the four game winning streak and state’s bragging rights, you’ve earned that right. However, you’re abusing that privilege to a point where it cannot be ignored, and a response is warranted. You must think it’s cute to pose with our QB and our head coach and flash your four fingers and spread it through social media and yuk it up. Ha ha good one. Funny.

We know you don’t think much of our mutual football history five years ago and beyond and you act like it never happened, disrespecting us in the process. Gamecock fans you forget your place. You need a reminder. So I created an infographic to remind you of where you are in the true pecking order in this state. This infographic should be easy to follow even if your high school coach had teachers awarded you grades you didn’t deserve, you hated to read or wanted to go to the university of south carolina because its academics are not that rigorous. You want to show some fingers. I’ll show you some real fingers!

4-Bomb: You’ve been 4-bombed by Clemson, not once, not twice, but seven times! That’s 28 games. How about that for a 4-bomb! The years for the four bombs are: 1897-1900, 1916-1919, 1927-1930, 1980-1983, 1988-1991, 1997-2000 and 2002-2005.

Carpet Bomb: In the history of the rivalry, the longest streak is 7 wins by Clemson. Like a B-29 bomber over Tokyo in World War Two, you got obliterated everywhere those years: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939 and 1940.

Precision Bomb: Precision bombing is like throwing a ball through a crowded field on fourth down in the last minutes to win a game or kicking a ball through narrow uprights with no time left. It’s causing a key fumble, hitting that one important tackle or causing an interception in the crucial moments that turned the tide of the game. “The Catch”, “The Catch II”, 1st and 35, Jerry Butler, Rod Gardner, Aaron Hunt, Charlie Whitehurst, Mark Buchholz, are familiar names to you. It was that one precise, well executed, timely and accurate play you can point too which caused you to lose these games.

H-Bomb: A weapon so feared it is rarely used or seen. So deadly it can wipe out most life in the radius of stadium before half-time. It has been used once on Clemson. It has been used with devastating effect on the gamecocks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar

Jun 17, 2013, 11:41 PM

That being said, these idiots are really classes for taking pictures with the coaches and players while doing this. Seriously, it's just mean. The coaches/players are taking the time out of the goodness of their hearts to take a picture with who they believe to be a fan, and you're disrespecting them by bringing up things that should only be argued about amonst the fanbases. Disgusting. You don't see me going to take a picture with Spurrier while wearing Stephen Garcia's jersey, do you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Work

Jun 17, 2013, 11:58 PM

Wish I could give you more than just 1 thumbs up. Awesome job

GO TIGERS!

yawn

Jun 18, 2013, 12:18 AM

Beat USC or live with it. That is how a rivalry works...you pounded us for years and bantered us the entire time, you just never thought the roles would reverse. Do you really expect different?

The difference is....

Jun 18, 2013, 12:38 AM

Well, I would say "The difference is the overwhelming majority of our fan base didn't act like a bunch of classless disrespectful pr1cks" but then I would look like a gamecock fan by making a hypocrite of myself.

Re: The difference is....

Jun 18, 2013, 8:49 AM

Wow, apparently you did not live near any Clempson fans for those years.

...you do realize all fanbases are like that, right?

Jun 18, 2013, 9:30 AM

That's why he made the "hypocrite" statement. We may give you guys crap for being the more "classless" of the two fanbases, but we realize we some idiots just like you do.

You're missing the point

Jun 18, 2013, 12:56 AM [ in reply to yawn ]

You can banter US (the fans) all you want, but when you start taking it to the coaches and players who are just trying to be nice to you, that's taking it a bit too far.

That being said, you make a point about you getting bantered during those times. When you got bantered, you would always come up with ways to retort what us Tiger fans were saying (and yes you did, every fanbase does it). We are simply doing the same. Ours is more justified, however, because we have actual numbers and history to back it up.

My point here is that if you're going to constantly flash the number 4 in our faces, then we're going to flash our streaks in your face as well. By talking about something that happened 4 years ago, you are basically inviting us to talk about the past. When you invite a rival that owns the series as much as Clemson does to talk about things in the past, how could you not expect something like this picture?

Re: You're missing the point

Jun 18, 2013, 1:14 AM

Spurrier says he is comfortable in Columbia, has two sons coaching with him now and can not see himself retiring anytime soon

June 17, 2013

Steve Spurrier won multiple SEC championships at Florida while rotating quarterbacks, so the prospect of senior Connor Shaw and redshirt junior Dylan Thompson sharing snaps in 2013 doesn't faze him in the least.

If that's what it takes for South Carolina to reach the SEC Championship Game, all the better.

Still, Spurrier prefers that one quarterback emerges as the starter and the other surfaces as a reliable second option, when inserted into the game from time to time.

"It can be done," Spurrier recently said on 107.5 The Game. "Even the year we won at Duke, we had a different quarterback (Dave Brown) play the last three games, so you don't have to have one guy. But you hate to keep going back-and-forth. We don't want to do that."

A key advantage for utilizing Shaw and Thompson this season is that they offer varied skill sets, so opposing defenses must prepare for different packages each week, more than they normally would if USC had one quarterback that played every meaningful snap.

Shaw, of course, forces defensive coordinators to prepare for a dual-threat attack, while Thompson operates best in a more conventional passing offense.

"They both have their strengths," Spurrier said. "Connor is an excellent runner, of course, and Dylan is more of a drop-back passer. We'll just have to see how it plays out. Maybe a guy will sprain an ankle and then there's no question (who the quarterback is), but the bowl game worked out very well. Connor tweaked his foot again and Dylan was ready to step in there."

Spurrier reported that Shaw is "close to 100 percent" five months after undergoing foot surgery, an injury that sidelined him for the Clemson game.

Spurrier doesn't anticipate any envy or jealousy on the part of Shaw or Thompson since they're close friends.

"They're good friends. There won't be any jealousy or animosity, I can assure everybody of that," Spurrier said. "It's good to have two really good quarterbacks. They'll do well."

Even though most preseason college football magazines rank USC in the Top 10, Spurrier noted that few publications rate any of the Gamecocks' position groups among the best nationally. Except, of course, for the star-studded defensive line that features perhaps the most dominant player on that side of the ball.

Paul Collins

Dylan Thompson should see his snap count rise significantly in 2013.
"The only category we're in is the D-line and, of course, that's because of Jadeveon Clowney," Spurrier said. "If we're such a great team, how come our receivers, running backs, offensive line (aren't rated more highly)? Where are all those guys at? We're not thought of as a whole bunch of superstars around here, that's for sure, except for Jadeveon. We have a lot of players that need to prove they can play, especially on defense."

The young and untested linebacker corps could turn out to be a cause of concern, but some analysts feel the Clowney-led defensive line will more than make up for the lack of experience on the second level of the USC defense, through a ferocious pass rush and solid run defense.

"We lost all of our guys at linebacker, so it's going to be interesting," Spurrier said. "But we think we have some good players. Their time is hopefully coming."

Spurrier's main goal at USC hasn't changed heading into his ninth season at the helm in Columbia - win the school's first SEC title.

"Obviously, it's not easy, and the way the schedules have set up in the last few years have made it a little more difficult," Spurrier said. "But this year the schedule evens out pretty much. Georgia plays LSU, so if we're fortunate enough to beat Georgia this year, it's fairly even the rest of the way. Scheduling is important, no question about it.

"That's why I don't talk too much about the national championship. Because some teams have a little easier path to it than others. When Urban (Meyer) was winning it down there (at Florida in 2006 and 2008), Florida State was down a little bit. They weren't in the top five those years. It just happened that way. Scheduling is very important to the success of teams even though a lot of people don't realize it."

Spurrier noted that neither Georgia nor Alabama, the two participants in December's thrilling SEC Championship Game, didn't face any of the top three teams in the opposite division.

With two sons on the 2013 coaching staff - Scott Spurrier will work with the tight ends as a graduate assistant this season and Steve Spurrier Jr. again helms the receivers - and most of his family now residing in the Columbia area, Spurrier has no plans to hang up his coaching whistle anyone soon.

His contract runs through 2017 after receiving a two-year extension following the 2012 season, and he currently earns $3.3 million annually, which puts him in the middle of the SEC pack.

"Life is pretty good," Spurrier said. "I'm not big on retirement. I've seen these guys that retire and I ask them what they do all day. They just say, 'We get up and walk around the beach a little bit.' I don't think I can do that. I hope to coach several more years, I really do."

The 68-year- old Spurrier argues that the age of new Pope Francis (77) is one indication that he should be able to continue coaching for a while.

"He's the leader of over a billion people (Catholics) in the world," Spurrier said. "At 68, all I've got to do is get 11 guys on the field. We've been pretty good about getting 11 at a time out there. So, it shouldn't be that difficult."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh...what exactly are you trying to say?

Jun 18, 2013, 1:28 AM

Are you trying to say that as long as Spurrier is at South Carolina that's they're always going to beat us? If that's the case, you can't just base it on a head coach. Heck, Danny Ford won a national title here at Clemson but then went on to be mediocre at Arkansas. It's about the players and recruiting, not just who's calling the plays.

Re: yawn

Jun 18, 2013, 1:05 AM [ in reply to yawn ]

Actually, I DON'T rub it in when USC loses, or when south carolina loses for that matter. A hundred years of built up repression from getting it handed to y'all has apparently caused you to try and gloat while you can. Believe this, order will be restored, and the obnoxious always fall hard. Your days in the sec least gutter are soon returning, as well as a table turn in the "rivalry." Have fun while you can, and have fun eating your mascot at every tailgate too. Go Tigers!!!

P.S.-- Get on off of this board and back to your shamecoots, your trolling does nothing but embarrass yourself and your team's fan base.

Yep...every Dog (Tiger) has its day...and Clemson's is Nov

Jun 18, 2013, 1:30 AM

at Willie B..right in their back yard when the Orange & White goes crazy..steps on the ####..tears up the grass..douses the dried-ice smoke flame and heads back to TigerTown with the State trophy for Champions!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2013, 2:40 AM [ in reply to Re: yawn ]

+1

banter coots yes. act classless; that's a USC(jr) tradition

Jun 18, 2013, 7:10 AM [ in reply to yawn ]

your arrogance will haunt you someday.

Jun 18, 2013, 8:42 AM [ in reply to yawn ]

Uh, you really weren't bantered at all. It really wasn't that special for us like it is for y'all, and to many of us it still isn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2013, 3:22 PM

Absolutely agree. I grew up with and still maintain friendships with many gamecock fans and we never even really talked about it because they didn't want to and I didn't see the point. It was like beating Duke. I felt it was just the way it was, and my usc friends did to. I had usc friends who wouldn't watch the game because they "knew they were going to lose". You go find yourself in that position with your Clemson friends and then come back and talk. Auburn beat Alabama 4 times in a row. Guess which one ya'll are in that comparison. I'll answer it for you...neither. Auburn has kept the series relatively close. Your fan base has no clue how to handle this success because it is unprecedented. Congrats on the run. You should be excited, it has been earned. I don't care if you're respectful or not to be honest. I just hate how stupid you guys are acting. I'm from this state too. Quit making it look bad.

Jun 18, 2013, 5:12 PM

You are all over it, but it is doubtful that many, especially the coots on here, anyway, will get it. They are a pathetic lot in general, and that is not a new thing, but it is a sad thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody 4-bombed your players or coaches

Jun 18, 2013, 8:58 AM [ in reply to yawn ]

any of the 7 times we won 4 in a row. (Although this may be because none of your players or coaches were worth taking pictures with)

Genius. That's exactly what he's saying--did we ever come up

Jun 18, 2013, 10:38 AM [ in reply to yawn ]

with this type of stupid #### when we dominated you for 110 years?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Loves soccer.***

Jun 18, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to yawn ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Wait, we've got National Championships in that sport too.***

Jun 18, 2013, 12:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: A response to the gamecock 4-bomb :D

Jun 18, 2013, 2:41 AM

Awesome....going to share that with some coots I am acquainted with....

H-Bomb 11/30/2013

Jun 18, 2013, 5:21 AM

Thanks great work

cockerel's fact check

Jun 18, 2013, 7:52 AM

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1980&end=2010&team1=Clemson&team2=South+Carolina

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2012&team1=Clemson&team2=South+Carolina

Message was edited by: sspassport®

I also enjoyed this response to the 4 bombs

Jun 18, 2013, 7:54 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13915703

Jun 18, 2013, 8:37 AM

Absolutely outstanding!!!!! They are such non classy, underachievers, but most of them are too stupid to even realize it. Outside the boundaries of the state of SC they have no relevance at all, other than their affiliation with their conference. They don't get it, though, and they probably never will.

Jun 18, 2013, 8:54 AM

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

Do us a favor and get your stinkin, dirt-pecking

Jun 18, 2013, 9:03 AM

chicken-shite off this bored....

Re: Do us a favor and get your stinkin, dirt-pecking

Jun 18, 2013, 10:54 AM

He can't help it. He is just like so many of them. Their relevance comes from association with a few very good football programs, but usuc's contributions are very, very few.

Here is a response to each of those points individually

Jun 18, 2013, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: A response to the gamecock 4-bomb :D ]

"such non classy" - Coach Swinney wishes Lattimore the best on a speedy recovery. He also still let Robert Nkemdiche's teammate keep his scholarship even after Robert decommitted. Dabo also praises every single team he faces as a coach. Tajh Boyd is always talking really friendly with other quarterbacks on Twitter, include Dylan Thompson and Aaron Murray. Daniel Rodurigez is constantly attending fancy banquets and such for his heroic acts in the war.

"underachievers" - Clemson has had some of the highest APRs in the nation in every sport, year in and year out. Our college is also ranked higher than yours in every large major except for business, which we are close.

"Outside the boundaries of the state of SC they have no relevance at all, other than their affiliation with their conference" - Clemson is constantly recruiting from other states. This year we have been dominating Georgia, and we have taken top recruits from Hawaii and New York recently. Also, we are listed in the top 10/top 15 in many major polls. As for the conference, Clemson is always competing with the SEC in both recruting and on the field, not just the ACC.

"They don't get it, though, and they probably never will." - We KNOW our team has a good history and we have a lot of pride. We get it.

Re: Here is a response to each of those points individually

Jun 18, 2013, 11:02 AM

You have eloquently explained the points I made. Coots just don't get it, and my guess is they never will. Some things never change.

Jun 18, 2013, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: A response to the gamecock 4-bomb :D ]

Yeah? Like we really have to tag onto the ACC to have relevance? Please!

Jun 18, 2013, 9:17 AM

Great job!...You did leave out one fact though, The dirt peckers only led the series for a total of 364 days....the first almost year...they have been chasing the dream every since....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2013, 9:51 AM

I NEED THIS ON A SHIRT ASAP!!!!

Jun 18, 2013, 12:04 PM

enough said

Bravo, sir, bravo! Funniest coot-related thing I've seen

Jun 18, 2013, 12:20 PM

posted in quite some time.

Well done, and right on the mark.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

that should be on billboards all over cootcity.***

Jun 18, 2013, 12:32 PM

Jun 18, 2013, 1:04 PM

That was awesome , where can I get my T-shirt?!!!!

I "seven bombed" a SCU lawyer the other day during a

Jun 18, 2013, 3:05 PM

seminar when she showed a slide of the "four bomb" SCU hand. She had NO CLUE what I meant; but several Clemson grads in the audience did.:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic