Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A moment of football humor on SportsTalk tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,514

A moment of football humor on SportsTalk tonight

Apr 1, 2020, 10:01 PM

I still enjoy a little ST, even though 2 of the 3 hosts are dedicated SoKar men.

So a caller asks basically, "Our Gamecock football team was 4-8 last year. We lost most of our production at RB and WR, two studs off the defensive line and we're thin in the secondary. We still have 5 programs on our schedule that are better than ours in a good year, yet you guys keep saying that we could go into November with a 6-2 or 7-1 record. Where are you getting this optimism?"

Kornblut's immediate response: "I get mine from two weeks of heavy drinking."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5-7 this year at best IF they play ball..

Apr 1, 2020, 10:11 PM

and 0-12 If they don’t! LoL.

Whatever, LOSERS to the CLEMSON TiGERS by 28 games..or some ridiculous number.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A moment of football humor on SportsTalk tonight

Apr 1, 2020, 10:47 PM

It’s embarrassing that we are probably the only Power 5 team in the country that has two SSheShe teams on the schedule and get hammered for our strength of schedule.I wonder why.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A moment of football humor on SportsTalk tonight

Apr 2, 2020, 8:09 AM

We've had three the last several years. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thinking 6-6 at best...

Apr 2, 2020, 7:41 AM

Likely losses to Georgia, LSU, Florida, Texas A&M and Clemson.

Toss-up games against Tennessee, Kentucky and Mizzou and I'm not so sure that Kentucky and Tennessee aren't more likely losses for them.

The only likely wins for them are Vandy, ECU, Wofford and Coastal which means they'll have to win two of the three toss-up games to get 6 wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm thinking 6-6 at best...

Apr 2, 2020, 10:49 AM

I don’t know that Vandy and ECU are gimme’s. I think they struggle late with ECU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...ECU came to Cootlumbia and won in 1999...

Apr 2, 2020, 11:26 AM

so it's not as if that has never happened before and, of course, Matt Houston brought his Citadel team to Williams-Brice Stadium as massive underdogs in 2015 and won.

ECU is coming off a 4-8 season (1-7 in conference with the only league win coming against Connecticut). ECU does return several starters on offense including quarterback Holton Ahlers and other key skill positions. Defensively they just hired new DC Blake Harrell and while they do return plenty of starting experience in the secondary and at linebacker, the defensive line will be a rebuilding project.

While I think ECU could keep this game interesting and in the process make uof6c fans very uncomfortable, I don't think this is a game the Pirates will win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: El Cid victory in 2015

Apr 3, 2020, 1:17 AM

That game also provided a very humorous quote.

Late in the game Todd Ellis commented to Tommy Suggs something like, "You know, we write these smaller schools a pretty nice check to come in here and give us a glorified practice. But we have to spend so much time preparing for their offense that we really don't get any benefit from it."

About that time El Cid scored on a long run to take the lead they would never relinquish.

Suggs responded, "At this point, I'd like to write The Citadel a check to NOT come in here and play us again for a while."

Suggs is great. Honest, humble, passionate: he's the type of Chicken you can really respect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'd take a lot more time than two weeks!

Apr 2, 2020, 10:56 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,514
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic