Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A man standing against the tides of change.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

A man standing against the tides of change.

Oct 12, 2017, 1:56 PM

There was a time, it seems like ages ago, that Athletics weren't driven by money and fame, but in the development of our youth. Other organizations, such as the boy scouts, also focused on the maturation process, with the goal of providing the tools necessary to lead a productive life and to contribute to this great nation through good citizenship, sadly are now swept up by political currents.

Whether instilling values such as teamwork, discipline, and a healthy respect for authority, or reaffirming what was being taught in the home; the intention was to turn boys into quality men. Men that would be good fathers, husbands, and leaders. Men that make us proud, see DW4.

CDS prescribes to this traditional philosophy and does not succumb to the present social undertows, that have eroded ethics and morality in the modern era of sports. Although, there are other coaches who also believe in this form of mentorship, Dabo brought legitimacy by winning a national championship. The fact that he would trade the trophy for all his players leaving with a degree, only reinforces his mission as coach.

Other programs should take note of what was really accomplished by beating the tide.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR

Oct 12, 2017, 1:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You lie like a dog.***

Oct 12, 2017, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post but would he really trade the NC trophy?***

Oct 12, 2017, 1:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I'd be super pissed if he made that trade

Oct 12, 2017, 2:26 PM

I'm okay with 5 or 6 not immediately graduating if it means a national championship

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

DR:TL***

Oct 12, 2017, 2:00 PM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: A man standing against the tides of change.

Oct 12, 2017, 2:01 PM

Zzzzzzzz...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Doubtful the school would allow him to do that.

Oct 12, 2017, 2:02 PM

Check your facts, the trophy doesn't belong to one man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Doubtful the school would allow him to do that.

Oct 12, 2017, 2:03 PM

This is why I hardly tnet anymore..

Oct 12, 2017, 2:42 PM

What Dabo has shown the college athletic world is that not only can you win and have a great program that inspires young men, but that the inspiration of the young men leads to a winning program. Its not either/or, but one leads to the next. Good post and I understand your frustration with the folks that always have something negative to say. Dabo does show the courage required to do what is right as well as standing tall all the way to the end.

What are you, 97 years old or something?

Oct 12, 2017, 3:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I think you have him confused with

Oct 12, 2017, 3:45 PM

another T-Net Poster

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Before you get your feeling hurt read this.

Oct 12, 2017, 3:48 PM

The guys who complained about the length of your post have TUed it and bumped it to the top of the board again. Imo, making a 'TL;DR.' comment is a their way of saying how much they like it.

The 'Check your facts,' post wasn't quite as flattering but it's true in a literal sense. I'd imagine those who pointed that post as did I, probably understood that he was trolling for points along with the other.

I hope you don't take offense at their prodding nor at mine.

TL;DR

Stop being overly sensitive and stop whining, either ruins a good thread...love, peace, GO TIGERS!!!

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR

Oct 12, 2017, 3:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth

Oct 12, 2017, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Before you get your feeling hurt read this. ]

idjit

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's in your mouth??

Oct 12, 2017, 3:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Before you get your feeling hurt read this.

Oct 12, 2017, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Before you get your feeling hurt read this. ]

Thank you for the encouragement. Tnetting is difficult at times, with the constant barrage of comments by these trolls. I honestly believe the tu's are meant to disguise their true intent. I find the "humor" to be childish behavior. If I were the almighty mod, I would load them all on the banter bus and send them on their way!

Re: Before you get your feeling hurt read this.***

Oct 12, 2017, 4:10 PM

Re: Before you get your feeling hurt read this.***

Oct 12, 2017, 9:50 PM

RA'd for violating bored rules on herassment.

Oct 12, 2017, 8:27 PM

Lets bring it down a notch or two.

Yes CDS certainly does a lot to develop boys into men but he's well compensated for it too. I know he gives a lot to charity but he still makes tons and tons of money too. Don't act like he's above a big pay check, nobody is forcing him to take more money.

Oct 12, 2017, 9:47 PM

Curious if you think that money is his primary motivation? Would he change his style of coaching if it meant a bigger paycheck?

Oct 12, 2017, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: A man standing against the tides of change. ]

I know of nothing from Dabo which suggests your cynicism is warranted. I hope you don't apply this same cynicism to all aspects of your life.

Oct 12, 2017, 9:02 PM

Good post ?? Dabo has my vote!

TL...BIRIA

Oct 12, 2017, 9:56 PM

and it was good.
We're in a very special place and certainly "rare air" with CDS and the program and culture he's been able to develop.
Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic