Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A heat rivalry?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 708

A heat rivalry?

Oct 27, 2014, 11:58 AM

The Cuse Fans think our game with them will turn into a rivalry. Don't you have to be able to beat a team for this to happen? I say we have gave that bunch enough thought and it's time to focus on Wake. LOL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt Clemson will ever develop a "rivalry" with basketball

Oct 27, 2014, 12:08 PM

school from up North. They flatter themselves.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the problem is we need more rivalries in the ACC.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:18 PM

We used to be rivals in the 80's with both Maryland and UNCheat. Now we have FSU and GT. UL might be a good rival. We need some nationally ranked competition which means big games, showdowns, big wins and hard loses. We don't have any of that right now in the ACC beyond the 1 game season with FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But the problem is we need more rivalries in the ACC.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:32 PM

Bingo.

Thank you John Swofford. Adding basketball schools to boost the ACC's Football profile was ridiculous.

UNC, Miami, VT, NC State, GT(maybe BC), are all underachieving programs at the moment. If those 5 programs can become consistently competitive again, and Louisville can continue building on their recent success the ACC will be in great shape. Outside of those programs + Clemson and FSU I'm not sure any consistent success can be maintained by the rest of the ACC. The Pitt's, Syracuse's, Duke's, etc...of the conference are capable of putting a special season together every 8-10 years but that's about it IMOP. We just need to schools that can be consistent winners in Football to return to form for the ACC to get better.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A heat rivalry?

Oct 27, 2014, 12:27 PM

What fans? C'mon tigers, use your heads. Every fanbase has delusional fans, including Cuse. Most of us know there's no rivalry. We don't play to your level, we'd like to but most of realize our rivals in the ACC are more akin to Pitt and BC than Clemson or FSU. You can't judge the entire fanbase by a couple of idiots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 708
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic