Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A guy on Roy's show yesterday said Boyd has 5th or 6th round
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,726

A guy on Roy's show yesterday said Boyd has 5th or 6th round

May 2, 2014, 1:05 PM

material. How has he dropped so far? I remember back in the fall he was in the same breath as Bridgewater(who has also fallen). It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a lot of dooshbags talk between the end of the football

May 2, 2014, 1:12 PM

season and the draft and ruin some peoples stock while building up others.

Yep, he'd be a first round pick if not for

May 2, 2014, 1:16 PM

what the people on TV are saying about him. That's the main thing NFL people look at when evaluating players.

What are you even talking about?

May 2, 2014, 1:41 PM

1. I didn't say that, coot.

2. I also didn't say the NFL actually drafts where the analysts project them too... OP was talking about media perception of boyd's stock falling. I was commenting on how fluid that conversation is based on all the crap the media pumps out regarding players in the offseason prior to the draft.

3. It's embarrassing how much time you devote to hanging out on this board to either contradict people or convince people that you don't care about anything.

OK...when I think of "draft stock," I think of

May 2, 2014, 1:59 PM

what "stock" the NFL teams have in them, because that's the only "stock" that matters. So I thought that's what you were talking about, too.

I think grade is the term scouts use.

May 2, 2014, 2:07 PM

Other than that, the actually teams and scouts don't really project after the initial grade...

its all just "interest" and commentary here and their, all of which has been positive for tajh save the one Packer scout that called him "undraftable" which is absurd.

I don't really watch all the draft stuff.

May 2, 2014, 2:13 PM

I find it overwhelming and mostly meaningless.

Interesting

May 2, 2014, 2:14 PM

considering how your smartass original reply seemed to imply how much you know about the draft process.

That was your inference, not my implication.***

May 2, 2014, 2:15 PM

Noted. I'll assume you know nothing moving forward.***

May 2, 2014, 2:16 PM

Thank you.***

May 2, 2014, 2:18 PM

HTH***

May 2, 2014, 2:19 PM

Re: A guy on Roy's show yesterday said Boyd has 5th or 6th round

May 2, 2014, 1:20 PM

just more c$$ts BS!! ignore that $%(@^@#$%!! he is just jealous that TB stock is RISING!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right...***

May 2, 2014, 3:17 PM

May 2, 2014, 1:20 PM

People don't know jack, I think Boyd's arm strngth alone makes him a 3rd rounder

Jon Gruden likes him.***

May 2, 2014, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 2, 2014, 3:20 PM

While everyone looks at Boyd's arm strength, I have consistently looked at his inability to make his reads fast enough. I've watched this his entire career and was never really all that impressed. I compare Boyd to Tebow, but he's not as good as Tebow. If Boyd makes it in the NFL, I will be amazed. Personally, I preferred Stoudt and his ability to make his reads, and protect the ball, to the arm strength of Boyd. But - I don't run that team, and I'm sure Morris and Dabo know best. I'm anxious to see Stoudt get his chance, even with less-talented WR's I expect him to do great. Boyd? I just don't get the hype. I can only wish him well. I suggest Canadian FB. Sorry - but that's how I see it.

Streaking...

May 2, 2014, 5:28 PM

I agree with a lot of what you say, but you missed on two things:

1) Boyd's numbers speak for themselves. I don't find him to be a very polished passer, either, but his career stats show that he was doing something right. A ton of yards, a ton of TDs, and a high completion rate.

2) His running ability. Tajh was nearly a hybrid QB/RB/FB when he put his head down and ran. He got tough yards and tough first downs. A lot of that was thanks to his build, and a lot was thanks to him just being a gamer.

A lot of Tajh's attributes are what made him a very good/great COLLEGE QB. I think you have to be a smarter, more poised, more accurate passer in the NFL. I'm not sure he's cut out for it-- I don't know that a lot of NFL GM's are, either-- but I sure hope he excels.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember a lot of heisman talk and #1 ranked NCAA QB...

May 2, 2014, 5:20 PM

chatter but I'm not remembering a lot of first round draft pick conversations for Boyd. I'd say he'll still three or four years away from becoming a franchise QB if he's ever to become one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,726
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic