Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A great honor, even though sad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

A great honor, even though sad

Mar 26, 2019, 6:42 AM

Saturday was a special day for me. I had the honor of being a pallbearer at my uncles funeral. He landed on Normandy and spent 3 years serving with Gen George Patton. As many times as I went 'bird' hunting with him as a kid, he never talked about this to me and I only found out some of the details several years ago. While standing beside his casket and hearing the bagpipes play, memories of our times together swirled and I was a bit overcome as the US Army Honor Guard played the saddest rendition of Taps I had ever heard. RIP Uncle Rob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

If he fought with Patton for three years he probably didn't

Mar 26, 2019, 7:14 AM

want to remember most of what he had to do. God bless him all of those brave men that defeated "that paper-hangin' ###########."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9XNFpRdhg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A great honor, even though sad

Mar 26, 2019, 7:28 AM

Awesome post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 7:42 AM

Yeah my dad flew in B-24's. Never told me much about it. Most from that era were like that. They were a great generation to do what they did at such young ages and get through The Depression.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salute!

Mar 26, 2019, 7:56 AM

And R.I.P. America’s Greatest Generation & Thanks for your selfless sacrifice for our great Nation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appreciate your uncle's service--indeed, the greatest

Mar 26, 2019, 9:27 AM

generation

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 26, 2019, 10:54 AM

SALUTE !!!!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 11:31 AM

God bless you man....your Uncle is the real American Hero.......freedom is not free.....Go Tigers !!!!

A PERFECT Salute

Mar 26, 2019, 12:39 PM

from 71 PR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7-K7RTF4P4

Mar 27, 2019, 2:39 PM

had experience similar to yours.one of my favorite uncles was also in ww2-a tank commander with the 643rd tank destroyer battalion and fought in the Bulge.though not sure if he was with Patton.he too almost never spoke about the war,and I found out about his experiences from others.they were all great men.what a generation.people we could look up to,both men and women.where have you gone Joe DiMaggio?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 27, 2019, 5:15 PM

The Normandy landing was in June, 1944. Patton died in a traffic accident in Germany in December, 1945.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

My Uncle entered in Army

Mar 28, 2019, 6:37 AM

in May 1942. 3yrs 8mons before Patton's death. But what difference does it make?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Mar 27, 2019, 6:18 PM

RIP Uncle Rob, and thank you dearly for all that gave, and all you risk for our country. Uncle Rob has marched home to the house of our Lord Jesus where he will be welcomed with the highest respect with others that served as he did when he served!!! R I P! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our greatest generation.***

Mar 28, 2019, 4:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:43 PM

So sorry for your loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic