Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A friend of mine who is a Wake Forest grad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,377

A friend of mine who is a Wake Forest grad

Sep 20, 2018, 10:17 PM

invited me to the Notre Dame game this weekend. I have plans for Saturday night so Atlanta was out of the question and since Wake is less than an hour and a half from Rock Thrill, I decided to take him up on it. 12 noon kickoff and I can listen to the first half of the Tigers on my way home. I'll be pulling for the Deacs since Nostra Damus ranks right up there with the Chickens and Blue Bellies in the most-hated department. Funny thing, he said we can meet at a designated spot about 15 minutes from the stadium at 11:15. I just laughed. Can you imagine meeting at 11:15 in Clemson for a 12 noon game. We might get into the Valley by the end of the first quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do bank with BB&T, right???

Sep 20, 2018, 10:35 PM

He must....

BB&T Express line

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do bank with BB&T, right???

Sep 21, 2018, 7:27 AM

One of my daughters is a WF graduate. I went to a game there around 1993. Unless they've changed, there's no problem arriving at the stadium close to kickoff, because the stands are fairly empty. Their students and fans are at the tailgates until just before halftime, then come into the stadium to see how their team is doing. They look at the scoreboard and see they are getting whipped, get discouraged and go back out to the tailgate for the rest of the day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A friend of mine who is a Wake Forest grad

Sep 21, 2018, 7:48 AM

My wife is a Wake grad as is her whole family. Lucky for me the wife is now a rabid Clemson fan, wears orange, follows Tigernet and even goes to Dabo Ladies Camp every summer. She has pretty much given up on Wake Forest because of the overtly lopsided political bias that has permeated and changed the fabric of the Wake Forest she attended in the late '80s.

Anyway, it is true - you can show up 15 minutes prior to the game, park, walk to the stadium and be seated prior to kickoff. My wife and I have attended the last two Clemson games at Wake and essentially did that for both games. We even got 50 yard line seats on the Clemson side at face value...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,377
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic