Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A concept ... PRACTICE "Free Throws" aka "Foul Shots"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

A concept ... PRACTICE "Free Throws" aka "Foul Shots"

Jan 19, 2020, 10:29 AM

Was watching this TV segment awhile back ... interviewing some famous basketball player, some dude ...

Anyway, the guy says he shoots like a THOUSAND shots a day ! HUNDREDS of Free Throws ! Remember him saying that the Free Throws become like automatic, a muscle memory thing. Rarely miss one when the time comes for it to count ...

Also, my soapbox ! They are FOUL SHOTS ! Not "FREE THROWS". You shoot them when you get FOULED, they are not "FREE" like some sort of Charity or giveaway ...

ALSO, you do not THROW a FOUL Shot. You "shoot" it ... When I was coaching youth league, if saw a kid THROW a shot versus SHOOTING the ball, he got the "what for !"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A concept ... PRACTICE "Free Throws" aka "Foul Shots"

Jan 19, 2020, 10:37 AM

Evidently you were one of "those" coaches in youth league that gives these leagues a bad name.
And free throws are just that they are a free chance to score without someone in your face. Shooting free throws have three elements that make good shooters: the right frame of mind (believing you will make the shot before you go to the line), practice (muscle memory) and conditioning (when a player is tired his mechanics change at the free throw line)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was well loved in the Youth league

Jan 19, 2020, 11:25 AM

In fact, I drafted the lower ranked players on purpose (we had try outs) ... Loved beating the Power Houses ... I never yelled at a kid, I made it fun ... to this day I am called "Coach" when running into a former player of mine or Parent. Its a source of pride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was well loved in the Youth league

Jan 19, 2020, 11:29 AM

Sounds like a combination of Fredo and Willy Loman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

cool story bro***

Jan 19, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I was well loved in the Youth league ]

Re: A concept ... PRACTICE "Free Throws" aka "Foul Shots"

Jan 19, 2020, 10:46 AM

I believe that FT is the general abbreviation, not FS.

It's a free throw.

Jan 19, 2020, 1:40 PM

Been called that a long time.

But. Clemson's bad free throw shooting can cost Brad his job. It turns winnable games into losses

Nope, its a Foul Shot cause you shoot them when you get ...

Jan 19, 2020, 1:44 PM

fouled.

Dude.

Jan 19, 2020, 2:02 PM

Give it up. Everyone in the game calls them free throws. Feel free to call them whatever you want in your world.

Also

Jan 19, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Nope, its a Foul Shot cause you shoot them when you get ... ]

It's called the free throw line

We practice "Foul Shots" a lot.

Jan 19, 2020, 2:16 PM

Going into our game yesterday, we were shooting 69% from the line. Duke was shooting 65%.

This is a down year for us from the line this far. As you know, Brad’s teams generally shoot well from the line. His teams are way better from the line than Purnell’s, Barnes’s, and Ellis’s.

I am confident that our struggles this year from the line are not due to a failure to practice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We’ve been lights out from the FT line for several years now

Jan 19, 2020, 3:31 PM

Shooting under 50% will lose you any tight game, so let’s hope that was a severe anomaly.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

83.9%

Jan 19, 2020, 2:30 PM

26 out of 31... against NCSU in the game here

so they can make them...

but then 50% against dook...

if they had shot their season average yesterday... probably get the W

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic